green light (for you)

Red light (for me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Listen to Green Light while you're at it.

 

 

 

The more you hate, the more you love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Huh. My .

 

Baekhyun thought as Kyungsoo's words echoed in his mind. It was lunch break and throngs of college students flooded the hallways of the Music and Arts Department. Hoots and cheers were heard as students dumped their books and stuffs in their locker.  The hallway looked like a zoo, with lots of animals, making a fuss as they break out from their respective cages. In their case, it was rowdy undergraduates. Undergraduates who were just let out of their boring classes and were now walking through and fro the corridors—forming circles with their own cliques. Some were waiting in circles for their friends to finish putting away their belongings while others happily marched their way to the cafeteria or to somewhere outside the campus premises to have lunch.

 

"What are you glaring at, baby?" A voice full of smugness quipped.

 

Of course. Of all the time. The major then again decided to bother him. He continued to dump his books and focused on getting the ones he will need for his classes that afternoon.

 

"Really now?"

 

He tuned out all the rumblings and closed his locker. He turned the opposite direction and took the long route towards the cafeteria just to have his own peace of mind, but was easily shot down when the major continued to follow him. His eyes could have been rolling on the floor by the way he kept on rolling them.

 

"Hey! I am talking to you!"

 

He continued in his pursuit. Baekhyun felt proud for not letting himself be bothered considering that it is hard due to the annoying man’s towering height and deep voice.

 

He just had five more steps before he could enter the cafeteria when he was harshly turned around and dragged to a more secluded area, away from other students' prying eyes. Well, it's no use since everybody was watching them, anyway. They've been, for a long while now.

 

"Let go, Park!" He lashed as he felt the grip on his wrist tightened.

 

"Chanyeol!" He protested again when his plea fell on deaf ears.

 

"Chanyeol!"

 

The said man finally let go of his wrist, but backed him against the wall, hands placed on either side of his head, face dangerously close and violating the universal concept of personal space.

 

He stammered and hushedly retaliated, "What the hell are you doing Chanyeol?!"

 

The latter smirked as he saw the flustered face of Baekhyun. This is not the first time things like these happened—it became alarmingly frequent, actually. And Baekhyun hated to admit it, but it always caught him off guard. Not used to anyone initiating skin ships let alone being this close to him. Personal space begs to differ.  Park Chanyeol begs to differ.

 

"What was that?" He playfully said as he moved an inch closer to Baekhyun's space.

 

"I said, what the hell are you doing?" He repeated, but more hushed this time. Too afraid to cause unforgivable bumping of the lips. He made a purchased on Chanyeol's cardigan to push him away, but his strength is nothing compared to Chanyeol's. Screw Chanyeol for being athletic and for working out.

 

They've been having this sort of chase ever since their freshman year. He doesn't even have any recollections of how and why this whole fiasco started. He just woke up one day with a very furious giant hot on his trail.

 

The taller male cocked his eyebrows at him and scoffed. "I was trying to ask you what were you glaring at but you just ignored me," he said as Baekhyun glared back.

 

"How could you ignore this handsome face, honey? Anyone would be willing to die just to be graced by this handsome face," he cockily said as he flashed his boyish smile at him.

 

Baekhyun used all his strength and pushed at Chanyeol's chest to make some considerable space between them. "Who said that you're handsome? You look like a croaking frog to me," he smirked and flicked his bangs as he sashayed his way inside the cafeteria which left a gaping Chanyeol with a wounded ego.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun swore that he will strangle Kyungsoo the moment he would see him in class for bailing out on him. Kyungsoo, his best friend, ditched him to have a date with his boyfriend, which happened to be, the major 's best friend.

 

He remembers almost giving himself a heart attack when he heard that Kyungsoo and Jongin were in a relationship. And he could also remember breaking down in front of Kyungsoo saying 'Of all people Kyungsoo! You had to choose someone related to that ! What happened to bros before hoes?!'.

 

Baekhyun had never been that devastated in his whole life.

 

It never occurred to Baekhyun that the Park Chanyeol, aka, the major , would be his sworn enemy in his college life. It's getting tiring honestly. It is also not helping that almost all of his friends were associated and acquainted with the man's group of friends. How ironic.

 

Luhan, his cousin from China, were in a relationship with Oh Sehun, Chanyeol's dearest cousin also. His Minseok hyung was being buddy buddy with Jongdae, Chanyeol's neighbor. Tao and that Kris guy had taken a fancy to branded clothes and bags while his most treasured Yixing hyung was snatched by that chaebol Junmyeon. Great.

 

He just arrived to their lecture hall and immediately spotted the runt who left him for his lover. If only Kyungsoo was there, it would have been possible to not encounter that eye sore of a giant. With those almond eyes of his which do that weird twitching whenever he laughs, his annoying tall nose, those reddish lips which could rival a girl's red lipstick and lip tint and god, those ears. They're sticking out and proud.

 

He dropped his bag on the table which Kyungsoo totally ignored, used to Baekhyun's diva and sassy ways—also of his raging fits about Park Chanyeol. He was just waiting for the man to start rumbling about his misfortune.

 

Baekhyun started to narrate what happened starting from the moment they parted after their class until his very triumphant exit, which to Kyungsoo's delight, was cut short by their professor’s grand entrance. He totally memorized all the things Baekhyun would have said if ever. Ranging from reiterating how Chanyeol is a major and a douche, how abnormally tall and how annoying his ears. Same old. Same old.

Baekhyun couldn’t just admit that he was smitten by his so called enemy. Ugh. So dumb.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their last class was cancelled and their whole class, of course, automatically erupted in joy. Their class, being cancelled, only meant that Baekhyun would be able to go home early and could watch a rerun of his favorite drama, Goblin. Don’t judge him.

 

He and Kyungsoo decided to drop by once again on their lockers to get some important stuff and were just about to finish when there were two figures looming over them. Their lockers were located next to each other so he's not surprised by their presence anymore.

 

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a hug and a hello to him while Chanyeol just leaned on the locker on his left side.

 

"Hey babe," he started. It became natural for Chanyeol to call Baekhyun these endearments and when the latter was in the mood, he would gladly reciprocate the pet names just to humor the taller man. He’s so competitive for his small stature, duh.

 

"Hey sweetheart," he smiled at Chanyeol. "What are you doing here? Did you skip class just to see me?" he cockily added as he narrowed his eyes at him.

 

Chanyeol moved closer towards him and looped an arm around his waist, giving Baekhyun his teeth-rich smile. "Hmm? Maybe. How can I pass a chance to see this lovely face of yours, honey?" He even traced his cheek with the back of his palm for emphasis.

 

Personal space be damned.  He rather has skin ships with Chanyeol rather that someone else. He became familiar with Chanyeol’s touches anyway. Used to being manhandled sometimes, but still had his feisty side.

 

Baekhyun, not backing down from their fake display of affection, tilted his head a little and jutted his lower lip and scrunched his button nose, "Not a chance," he said and winded his arms around Chanyeol's neck. Not forgetting to throw a look at Kyungsoo's and Jongin's direction.

 

The duo was sporting unreadable expressions. One, almost fainting and one almost puking his food from their date. Holy .

 

 

 

 

Their chemistry is real.

 

 

 

"Now. Now. Close your mouths lovebirds," Chanyeol said, tightening his hold on his waist and even pulled him closer to his body. He took this chance and rested his head on the man's broad and surprisingly sturdy chest.

 

"What are you two doing?"

 

"What? Aren't we allowed to do this?" Chanyeol answered again, unfazed by Kyungsoo's judging stares as he rubbed, small circles on the shorter's waist, ran a hand on his cheek and tilted his head up to look at him directly in the eyes. That didn't stop there.

 

The major decided to level up his game and dipped his head. Their lips only a breadth apart and left a chaste kiss on his lips, his eyes fluttering shut out of reflex. They parted for a split second before the taller dove down again for Baekhyun’s lips, this time, moving their lips in unison.

 

Gasps erupted from their spectators who just got shaved ten years of their lives at the gross display of fake affection. They were also baffled because this was the first time the two crossed the line. Yes, they were used to the two calling each other those sickeningly sweet nicknames out of impulse, but they weren’t ready to see them kiss much less make out in front of them. Well, it’s high time for them to finally kiss anyway, thought Jongin.

 

 

 

Hmm. That felt nice—the way the taller continued rubbing circles on his waist, the warmth from his hand as it completely occupied his cheek and the soft pressure on his lips caused by Chanyeol's lips.

 

Wait. Hold on there.

 

The soft pressure on his lips caused by Chanyeol's lips.

 


 

When the reality dawned on him, he immediately pulled away from the kiss as if burned from the man's touch.

 

"What the are you doing?!" He shouted as he covered a hand to his bruised and slick with saliva lips, gaining some of the loitering students' attention.

 

 

 

 

"Payback time, baby," Chanyeol answered as he winked and gave Baekhyun another kiss on the forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun almost pulled out his hair as he paced back and forth on his room with a very disinterested Kyungsoo.

 

"What the actual ," he muttered as he paced, making himself dizzy and decided to plop down on his bed. Plans of watching a rerun of Goblin long forgotten as his mind reeled back to what happened that afternoon.

 

Ugh. Chanyeol is such a . He was sure the moment they started throwing cringe worthy endearments to each other, that they have an unspoken understanding to continue their act in front of the two just to spite them from ditching them and have their own sappy date somewhere.

 

He didn't know it will backfire on him. Right in the face. He couldn't let Chanyeol live with it. He wanted to wipe off that smug look off his face after stealing his first and second kiss. He should've known he had something up his sleeves.

 

"Kyungsoo!" He whined, covering his face with his pillow to hide his blush as he remembered their kiss.

 

He also remembered the way he heard his heartbeat thumping on his eardrums, the way their lips molded perfectly, like two missing puzzle pieces. His senses going haywire as Chanyeol swiped his tongue on his lower lip for entrance and the way their tongues caressed the insides of each other’s mouth. Holy .

 

"What?" He got as a very bored answer.

 

"He stole my first kiss! That was my first kiss, Soo!" He whined more, as if that would turn back time and make the events from earlier vanished into thin air like nothing remotely like a kiss make out session happened between him and Chanyeol.

 

"Uhuh."

 

He sat up abruptly startling Kyungsoo who was busy with his phone, probably ting his boyfriend.

 

"Why are so nonchalant about it?! Can't you see I'm having a mental breakdown about that kiss?!" He ranted as his face and neck started to take a red color from anger, irritation and embarrassment.

 

Kyungsoo just looked at him dead in the eyes which made him squirm in his position on his bed.

 

"That was just your diva self talking. Get over it. You probably enjoyed it anyway," he said and then gets back to whatever he was doing with his phone.

 

"Hey!" He said in protest. He felt betrayed from Kyungsoo's false accusations. "I thought you were on my side," he said as he pouted.

 

"I am. And I'm trying to point out what I unwillingly saw. You and Park could make a good couple."

 

Baekhyun winced as Kyungsoo said the word couple. Never in his life had he imagined and dream of being in a relationship with that major . Never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun went to school the next morning with dark bags under his eyes. He spent his night rolling on his bed till the wee hours of the night. Falling asleep when his digital alarm clock hit three o'clock in the morning. It doesn't help that he has an eight AM class that day.

 

He lazily made his way towards his locker to get his forgotten music sheets. Blame Chanyeol for that.
 

 


"Hello, beautiful." Deep voice rang from behind him and he perfectly knew who owned that voice.

 

Baekhyun was so used to Chanyeol popping out of nowhere so this should not annoy him but, hello? He lacked sleep and the sole purpose of that is the man himself so it’s not really amusing to be greeted by that person who induced his sleep deprivation. Thank you very much.

 

As usual, he didn't spare him a glance and continued whatever he was doing, too tired and not in the mood to exert energy from retaliating and reprimanding the hard-headed giant.

 

He lingered a little longer along the hallway until he couldn't hear any words from Chanyeol, thinking that he went off from his lack of response and enthusiasm. He cheered internally and mentally patted himself from stirring the giant away from him just like. Easy as pie. He closed his locker when he deemed it was safe to turn around and was about to proceed to his first lecture for that day when he bumped into a hard chest.
 

 


"Oomph."

 

"Careful," Chanyeol said in his usual deep, husky voice as he held onto his waist and kissed him.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

Baekhyun looked lost as their lips parted and only looked at Chanyeol with an unreadable expression.

 

"What?" Chanyeol asked all the while smirking down at the brunette.

 

The latter kept mum and just stared at Chanyeol, energy drained from the lack of sleep and he doesn't want anything to do but go ahead in his class and rest his head on his table. But Chanyeol's chest looked more inviting that time. And warm—as long as Baekhyun could remember. So he did just that.

 

He shoved his face in Chanyeol's chest, which caught the latter off guard, his arm and hands awkwardly dangling in the air. Seriously, screw personal space. He needed to sleep. And he doesn’t care anymore if it’s on the man’s chest, as long as he’s comfortable, he’ll dig it up.

 

"Let me sleep." He said in a hushed tone and slumped all of his weight on the man. Ahh, he’s at ease.

 

"Look what we have here," hoots hollered as their group of friends started piling up and surrounded them, shamelessly ogling the males.

 

"Oh, so Jongin was not lying all along," Kris said as he high fives with Jongin and Sehun.

 

"They totally looked cute together," added Jongdae.

 

"And they could make cute babies together!" squealed a very giddy Tao as he placed his Gucci bag carefully inside his locker.

 

The group fell silent and sent Tao condescending looks, "What?" He innocently asked.

 

Baekhyun has half a mind to yell at them and use his Hapkido skills with their intruding friends, but god no. He can’t detach himself from the warmth that is Park Chanyeol’s chest. Call him hypocrite, but damn, He won’t let a chance like this to pass him. So he let the taller do his fair share as he continued to nuzzle his face on Chanyeol’s chest, smelling his cologne and a hint of aftershave.

 

They all snapped out at Chanyeol's booming voice. "Did you have fun talking about us?" He said as he sent his friends a deadly glare. He was about to chastise them when he heard the soft snores of Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

Did he just fall asleep on me?

 

 

He looked down and confirmed his suspicions when he saw the tranquil and serene look of Baekhyun as he let out cute yelps. What the actual ? Did Byun Baekhyun lose his mind? His mind was flooded with many questions and swimming with possible answers to his musing. But he really can’t put two and two together so, a helping hand would be nice?

 

"That was the side effect of having his first and second kiss be stolen. And maybe third," Kyungsoo voiced out as the rest of them suppressed their giggles.

 

 

 

 


Oh.

 

 

 

The two males ended up not going to class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up with a start. Carefully fluttering his eyes open as he snuggled deeper in the lavender-scented sheets. He roamed his eyes and saw a spacious room with walls painted white and pitch black furnitures gave the room a complete semblance.

 

What the ? This is not my room.

 

He does not own lavender-scented sheets, his, were strawberry-scented and his room isn’t this suspicious, he mused. The walls in his room were painted with mild yellow, not white and the only furniture in his room was a study table and swivel chair. He doesn't even have couches inside his fairly large room! He racked his brain if he knew someone who owns a room like this, but no one comes to mind.

 

He tried thinking of what happened before he passed out completely. He remembered being sleepy, and then meeting Chanyeol as always, their friends’ bickering and then falling asleep on Chanyeol’s inviting chest. Oh. Did Chanyeol sabotage him? Was his warm, inviting chest just a ploy to get rid of him? Holy ! That can’t be!

 

He sat up abruptly and tossed the comforter aside. He shrieked when he saw what he was wearing.

 

He was donning nothing but a white shirt that was too big on him and barely passed his mid thighs. He quickly looked for something to cover his lower half when he heard footsteps.

 

"So you're awake?" Chanyeol greeted him.

 

"What did you do to me?!" He frantically fired as he remembered the state he was in, roaming his eyes for possible exits if ever the situat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter