twenty-three: my simple girl

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

……”So..what kind of restaurant you prefer us to go?” Jiyong oppa asked up as we got inside his car.

I buckled up and looked at him, “I don’t care. As long as it is not like a super fancy place, I eat a lot so a food-on-the-street type of things suit me better.” I said, honestly.

“Well, that’s surprising to know but I prefer street food than five-stars one too.” He said with a chuckle.

“I know right..”

“But it has been a while since I get to eat outside. The members and I only just eat in fancy restaurant that need to make reservation nowaday because we don’t really want to deal with people and paparazzi.” He explained.

I could feel a little sadness hidden behind his voice. He must miss being normal so much. Fame had probably gotten the best of him and kept him from living his life just how any other 29 years old would.

“And it has been a while since I finally got back and settle in Korea. I have been on tour for so long that I totally forget when was the last time I walked on the street here.”

“That must be ..” I breathed out.

“It was...but not anymore.” He said, smirking mischievously at me.

“Well, now you get a chance to. I will let you decide where we should go.”

I beamed and we just sat in silent for a while where we did not talk but just continuously exchanged a look at each other. It was weird that whenever we both did not have anything to say, it was so comfortable for us to just look at each other without having to find something to talk about. He made me feel so relax and chill whenever I am around him.  

“Oppa.” I called.

“Yea?”

“Why me?”

“What do you mean ‘why you’?”

I bit the inside of my cheek and repeated, “Why do you like me?”

He let out a huge set of laughter before merely shook his head, “And why not you?”

“...I don’t know. I mean..you have a lot of pretty girls and you friend with models and people like that. Why do you suddenly think you want to date me?”

“Jieun-ah, is this question have something to do with oppa’s photoshoot today?” He asked, sharply.

“No..No..just I have always been wondering. This question is like a general one, oppa.” I lied.

If I had not seen him working with those pretty models today, I would probably never come up with questions like that. But now that I did, everything between us was just not making sense out of nowhere.

It seemed so easy, yet so effortless how things are changing inside of me. It almost felt like I am not dating the world-celebrity, Kwon-Ji-Young.

He made me fall so fast, so deep, and so quick. He made me feel all comfortable being around him as if we known each other for life.

“Well, just..I don’t know, I just feel it.”

“Feel it?”

“Yea. Feel like I like being around you. Like you are fun and it just feel different when it’s you not any other girls.” He said without hesitation, “Why you suddenly are asking me this, Jieun?”

“Don’t you think things are way too easy and smooth between us, oppa? Like...are you normally date people like...this easy?” I asked.

The word ‘easy’ I meant was the fact that once he knew he fell for the person, he would ask her out right away? Like that? Just that easy?

That did not sound like something he would do at all. I felt like it would take more details and longer for someone to be with a guy named, G-dragon.

I pictured his love-game to be very complicated and picky at first. Like he needed to pair up with the best girl, did all those huge things that would sweep her off of her feet and let her wonder if he like her or not before addressed her as his.

“And why does it have to be hard?” He asked back.

His answer shut me up completely.

“I like you. You like me. So I ask you out. It does not have to be hard or anything. My life is already tough, the last thing I want to add up to it is having a hard relationship.” He said, “And no, I don’t date people this easy. To tell you the truth, dating was very hard and complicated for me since most of the time-”

I furrowed my eyebrows when he suddenly stopped himself. I could not really do anything but just stare at him with a innocent look and he sighed.

“Most of the time, the girls I date are in the same industry as I am so it is hard to make a move and do normal things with her. They expect so much from me since they know what I am capable of and tend to held their ego up too high.”

“Oh..yeah. I understand.” I agreed, could not say much about his exs.

For some reasons, it kind of bothering me when he mentioned about his past lovers. I did not know if the feeling was upsetting or jealous. But I just don’t like the idea of him being with other girls.

“I know it sounds cheesy but spending time with you make me feel like I am finally get to be normal for once.”

“That..is great.” I mumbled, not knowing what to say when I received such a compliment.

“You are just so casual and...simple.” He said, while taking a sharp turn, “I like it.”

The car stopped in front of a crowded open-market. My eyes widened as I looked out the window.

“Oppa...are you sure this place is okay with you?” I asked in a concerning voice.

Does he seriously want to be mobbed or what?

“We will be okay, Jieun-ah. I already made some call to the market’s manager and he will send some securities to accompany us.” Jiyong oppa informed as he looked for a spot to park his fancy sports car.

We already got pairs of eyes staring at our ways. It was not hard at all for people to recognize such a unique vehicle.

“But, oppa. I think we could go some other places. I don’t want to give you a hard time by eating out like this.” I insisted.

“It’s not, Jieun. We will be alright. Don’t worry too much about me. I am a normal human being just like anyone else too. I don’t think it would be a big deal for me to just take my girlfriend out.”

I shook my head.

Why does he have to be this stubborn?

We could just easily go in a drive-thru of some places, got some food and ate at my place. It would be less drama for him to have to deal with.

“I know, oppa. But I just don’t want you to have to deal with the press right now. It is too soon and media got its way of spreading things around. We can just pick up some food and go eat at my place or something like that-”

“Hey.”

I felt his warm big hand placed on mine and I turned to look at him.

He was smiling at me and had a adoringly look on his face.

“I want to take you to this place so badly because it is where I used to come so often when I was a trainee. I always wanted to come back here but I could not get a chance to.”

I sighed, “...If this really means that much to you, then whatever you want to do, oppa. I am okay with anything.” I said.

“Thank you for understanding, babe.”

I smiled and pat his hand gently.