Crepe

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun.

That name became the talk of the school during lunch. News spread fast and he’s already labeled as the ‘troublemaker’. He announced it voluntarily – that he punched a teacher in his former school and sent him to the hospital with four broken ribs. The other students tried to stay away from him as much as possible. They’re afraid that Sehun’s going to mess with their pretty faces.

Sehun looked like he did not mind the attention at all. He looked like he did not mind anything that’s happening at all. He sat silently on his desk (which was beside Jieun) the whole time without saying anything. He did not even acknowledge Jieun when he saw her. He just acted like that’s the first time that they saw each other.

Jieun would sneak some peeks whenever she could find the time and she thought maybe having him act like he does not know her is for the best.

“Eun.”

“Huh?”

“You’re spacing out,” Jongin remarked, staring at her with a worried expression on his face. He reached for her forehead and pressed the back of his hand on it. Jieun stepped back a bit. Jongin’s so oblivious about what he’s doing to her and she just wanted to shut everything off as of the moment – including her feelings – because she knows that she’s just going to hurt herself in the end.

“I’m okay,” she replied, lightly pushing his hand away from her. Jongin looked surprised by what she did. Jieun suddenly became aware of what she did and she looked away, trying of a topic to talk about. “So, what are we looking for exactly?” she asked with a bright tone.

Jongin dragged her to find a present for Sarang and honestly, Jieun did not like the idea but she found herself walking with Jongin along the busy shopping district after class. She really just can’t say ‘no’ to her friend’s request.

“I don’t know. Let’s just go around and look. Tell me if you find something interesting,” he replied casually before placing his arm around her shoulders.

“Don’t you think you should stop getting…too touchy? I mean…Sarang might take what you’re doing in a different way.”

Jongin looked down at her before smiling, pulling her closer to him. “She knows that you’re my best friend and she won’t take our relationship in that kind of manner.”

Best friend zoned.

Of course. How can I even think about that? Sarang won’t even think of me as a threat. Oh well, whatever. Jieun internally sighed as she let herself get pulled by Jongin inside a shop where they sell various kinds of hairpins, headbands and the likes.

They went to one shop to another and before they knew it, it’s already dark.

Jieun stared at the bracelet which has an infinity design. It’s so simple but so meaningful. “This looks pretty,” Jongin commented as he picked the bracelet that she was looking at. He stared at it for some seconds before looking at her. “I’m going to get this.”

She actually wanted to buy that for herself but Jongin’s getting it for Sarang. Talk about ty luck.

“I’d like to take this,” Jongin said when he placed the bracelet on the counter. Jieun stood beside him, thinking of why he has to get that bracelet instead of getting something else.

“This actually has a pair. We sell them by pair,” the vendor informed, holding up the bracelet.

“Really?” Jongin asked. The vendor looked through the stocks that they have under the counter and showed them the black version of that same bracelet. “Ah, I see,” he mused as he held the black and white bracelets side by side.

“They’re actually couple items. Are you buying them for the two of you?” The vendor glanced at Jieun then at Jongin. Jieun quickly shook her head.

“No. I’m not his girlfriend,” Jieun replied before internally slapping herself for sounding like she was strongly denying their relationship. The vendor nodded, apologizing for her wrong assumption.

“I’m buying them,” Jongin suddenly stated, smiling at the vendor.

Jieun looked at the bracelets. I guess you’re going to be Sarang’s property then. Goodbye. I really want to buy you though.

Small talks about the usual things that they talk about filled the gaps of silence while they were on their way to the bus stop.

“I can’t believe he said that,” Jongin suddenly commented out of the blue. Jieun looked up at him.

“Who?”

“Oh Sehun.”

“Ah.”

“I have a bad feeling about him. He has this aura that does not match with me,” he continued, shaking his head. “He looks like he’s your typical bully.”

“He’s not.” Oops. I sounded so defensive. Jieun mentally slapped herself again. Jongin was already staring at him with questioning eyes. “I mean-”

Saved.

She sighed in relief when the bus stopped in front of them. Explaining what Sehun did in the elevator for her would be tiring. She could already imagine Jongin asking her follow-up questions after every sentence.

Jieun felt it – the stares. She felt several pairs of eyes darting at her direction. When she walked through that narrow space to the empty seat near the end, she could hear the whispers from the group of guys sitting on the front seats and standing on the aisle.

“Elephant.”

“The bus is not going to get a flat tire, is it?”

They were laughing their asses off after sharing those comments to each other. Jieun ignored them but she could feel Jongin getting annoyed. Being the gentleman, like always, Jongin made Jieun sit. He reached for the handrail as he stood on the aisle. She’s still conscious about the stares that she’s receiving. She could brush it off if she’s the only one there but having Jongin with her makes it harder to not give attention to what’s happening.

Having him there was making her more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter