Cupcake

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six…Seven…Eight…Nine…Ten…

“Ugh,” Jieun granted, rolling on the floor. She stared at the ceiling, thinking of what she’s doing in the first place. She just wanted to lie down and not do anything.

“Come on. Let’s do it 20 seconds this time,” Sooyoung remarked, patting her sister’s belly. Jieun rolled to her side, looking at Sooyoung who was smiling at her. “That’s just 10 seconds.”

Well those 10 seconds felt a minute to Jieun. Planking is not really a thing that she likes to do early in the morning. They just came back from a 40 minute jog but her older sister’s in Sparta mode – saying that Jieun needs to move around as much as possible. Jieun’s doing her best but planking with only one arm supporting her whole body is not that easy.

With a last grunt, Jieun pushed herself up and got into her position. Here goes to nothing. She raised her left arm and Sooyoung started counting. “One…two…three…lower your …four…five…raise your arm…six…seven…straighten your back…eight…”

Jieun’s arm was already shaking but she was trying to hold on. She was biting down, grunting every now and then. Sooyoung has this satisfied look on her face as she continued counting. “…eighteen…nineteen…twenty…good job!”

“My arm’s going to fall off,” Jieun commented and Sooyoung chuckled, hitting her lightly on the arm before standing.

“If you keep exercising, you’ll lose some more weight. Jongin told me that you lost 2 kilograms after going for a jog with him these past weeks. Keep it up. It’s also for your health little sis.”

“Breakfast is ready,” Mrs. Kang called out from the dining room. Feeling like her entire body’s sore, Jieun just lied on the floor for some more minutes. Sooyoung went straight to the sink to wash her hands. Their father was already at the dining table, waiting for them while reading the newspaper.

“Jieun! Go and tell Jongin to come down. Let’s have breakfast together.”

Just leave him alone and let’s eat. That’s what she wanted to say but of course, she chose to just keep that to herself. Her feet are killing her and going upstairs is not really part of her plan as of the moment. But then again, she’s going to get a major nagging if she does not do as her mother tells her.

With the nth grunt, Jieun stood. Her hair was a mess and she’s still in her jogging pants and tacky shirt (which she knows probably smells like sweat). Not minding changing, since she’s just going to tell Jongin to eat with them anyway, she dragged her feet to the door and eventually upstairs. Their unit is directly a floor under Jongin’s.

She sighed when she stood in front of the door. She did not bother ringing the bell and just punched the code which she thought was the right one. It turned out that it was incorrect. What the- Did he change it? Don’t tell me… 0000…

The door beeped open and she scoffed in disbelief. This guy’s really something. They’re going to get robbed. Well, he’s Jongin in the first place. He likes very simple things and- Sigh. The sun’s pretty high up on the sky but there’s no ray of light inside. Is this some kind of vampire den? She reached for the light switch.

The living room’s neat and that’s actually a surprise. “Jongin! Let’s go down and eat!” she called out but nobody replied. Without hesitating, she made her way to his room. “Hey, Kim Jongin.”

She turned the lights on and saw Jongin lying on his bed under his blanket. Jieun started picking his clothes which were lying on the floor and piled them on a corner. “Wake up,” she said, patting his blanket lightly but he just grunted and rolled to his side.

Jieun’s hungry and she does not have enough patience to wait for Jongin to come to his senses. She grabbed the corner of his blanket and yanked it away from him. Jongin turned in surprise but just curled up.

Seeing Jongin half made her breath hitch for a second. He was not really a shirt person when he sleeps. “HEY! WAKE UP!!”

Jongin started muttering gibberish things as he hugged his pillow. Why am I being soft with this guy? He used to just drag me off my bed just to go for a jog…now…I should pay him back big time. Jieun grabbed his foot and started pulling him from his bed. Jongin opened his eyes, startled by what she’s doing. He pulled his foot back but Jieun went for his arm this time.

“I said wake up. I’m really hungry so let’s go down.”

Jieun grabbed a pillow and started hitting her friend with it. Jongin rolled back and forth, defending himself from the flying pillow. “Okay. Okay. I’m up,” he stated with a hoarse voice. Jieun threw the pillow on the side. Jongin still looked out of it as he stared rubbed his eyes. “What time is it?” he asked.

“Breakfast time. Hurry,” she replied, turning her back on him, ready to get out of the room.

“Eun!”

“Why?” she asked, turning around.

Jongin had his hand up. What does he want this time? She was a bit hesitant to walk near him. He shook his hand. “Help me get up. My body hurts,” he said, still shaking his hand. Jieun internally sighed, shaking her head. She reached for his hand, pulling him up.

“You’re really high maintenance. Do you know- Ah! What the hell are you doing?!” she exclaimed, hitting Jongin, trying to release herself from his grasp. Jieun couldn’t breathe properly because of various reasons – one, Jongin was hugging her like a big teddy bear; two, Jongin’s bear skin touching hers; three, she could feel his warmth because of the close proximity; and four, just a bunch of crazy thoughts about him being in that position with her.

Jongin was holding her down without any plan to let go.

“Let go or I’ll bite your arm,” she warned, squirming. “You have a girlfriend for Pete’s sake. Hug her instead of me.”

Jongin shook his head and a childish smile came to his face. “I like hugging you more. You’re my teddy bear to begin with,” he joked, ruffling her head. “Good morning Eun~”

“Kim Jongin, let go or I’ll really bite you,” she repeated. Let go or else I’ll melt. Jieun’s having a hard time ignoring the fact that Jongin’s half , showing his perfect toned abs and killer arms. One…two…three… Bite.

“AH!” Jongin yelped and Jieun took her chance to get off his bed.

“Good morning too, Kim Jongin. Now, get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter