Fleur

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine

Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s the knock?”

 

“Do you really need that?”

 

“I'm a reasonable human, please respect me.”

 

“Whatever. Here, I made you a cup of coffee.”

 

“Are you for real?”

 

“Nope. It’s from someone from the school.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you have time?”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“Can you drink this?”

 

“Are you stalking me? Cause if you are, you sure are a great stalker. I drank this coffee an hour ago.”

 

“No, it’s not. I just ask you to taste this but clearly, it is not for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I heard you like coffee, was it true Taeyeon?”

 

“Hmm? Yeah, I think coffee is the best.”

 

“Do you mind having this?”

 

“Why should I?”

 

 

“It is for someone at the school. And I like her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It had been a straight week with some other students crashed into her class before giving her their own homemade coffee. The phenomenon was surely weird for Kim Taeyeon since she never knew about the tradition of the students making their own coffee for someone that they like. And too bad, it seemed like her sister, Kim Hyoyeon was also involved in this bad behavior lately.

 

Taeyeon has been in Korea Kent from her junior year to her senior year now. She still remembers that she used to date her senior, but never had she seen anything like this. She didn’t see this coming closely until she was a senior.

 

However, the said girl who seemed to really like coffee hadn’t made her first appearance in front of her. Or, has she and Taeyeon never saw it? Who cares, but Taeyeon had to make sure why the said girl was a huge influence in Korea Kent.

 

It kept taunting her.

 

 

And Taeyeon knew.

 

She has to make the best coffee to beat all of the girls in Korea Kent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can I touch your shirt?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I like you.”

 

“I don’t like you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you like my coffee?”

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so fussy?”

 

 

“Where’s my coffee?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Would you date me?”

 

“Only if you make the best coffee.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you like Yoona’s sunbae coffee that much?”

 

“It’s not a lie that Yoona sunbae makes very good coffee and she'll get a date with me thrice a month.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica smiled as she reads the sweet notes from the girls. It cannot be helped, Jessica.

Snickering as she pulled one of the sticky notes before sticking it onto her locker. She randomly picked one tumbler from the line before opening the caps. The scent of the coffee, oh she loved the scent already.

 

The sweet little lies behind everything about the world’s most favorite drink, coffee which literally meant the world to Jessica.

 

She takes a sip from the bottle and grimaces at the weird taste of her coffee. She closed the cap before placing it in its original place.

 

She picked another one and smiles at every drink she tested. That sweet caffeine had to captivate her soul inside. She loved it.

 

It was amusing when Krystal bickered with her one evening. “You are giving them much hope,” said Krystal after she discovered her weird way on finding someone who she can lean on or even better, to date.

 

“Krystal never understands me,” Jessica thought. Without bothering her blabber, Jessica continued doing this kind of drink testing every month. Just to find someone who she can date or spoil.

 

 

Everything was on her, except Jessica was the one who makes the one stay while the others were gone. Same too went for her taste bud.

 

She would keep the same girl according to her taste buds. Then when the sweetness of caffeine is gone, so will her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica knew.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hearts made mistakes, but not taste buds. And she believed her taste buds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Im Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona carefully sits beside the girl who is y enough to kick. Even if she wants, she can’t.

 

Because she is everyone’s hope. Everyone likes her. So, does Im Yoona. Was she so lucky or was it much to say that she should thank Seunggi later for teaching her the best way to make coffee. Or else, Yoona would have never gotten noticed by Jessica Jung, the Coffee Princess.

 

Jessica liked her coffee very much, maybe even more than those girls. She would sip it till it finishes and end it with her charming smile. Was Yoona asking too much? Can Jessica just smile like that just for her? Yoona had been too greedy because it was Jessica, the one she loved.

 

From the coffee, Jessica never saw Yoona as her senior. Occasionally, Jessica would walk Yoona to her house before politely excusing herself and leave. Yoona wanted to invite Jessica to spend some time at her house, but Jessica seems unfazed about her big alike house. Or, maybe Jessica just seemed uninterested.

 

All Jessica liked was coffee. And Yoona was more than ready to make a hundred cups of coffee just for the Coffee Princess to drink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you chosen someone, Soo Yeon?” Yoona asked, smiling sweetly.

 

She noticed Jessica’s hard scowl, but pretended like it never happened.

 

“It’s Jessica.” She said, looking at the beautiful sky. Jessica was the only person who didn’t know how beautiful Yoona was when she was smiling. Yoona was more than confident to boost about her prettiness, but Jessica never said anything other than coffee.

 

“Sorry, I mean Jessica.”

 

Jessica hums.

 

“Did you?”

 

“I like you better.”

 

“WHAT?”

 

“Err I said, ‘I like your coffee better?”

 

Yoona frowns, “Sorry. It’s just… I think I heard something wrong.”

 

“What is it?” Jessica smiles, taking off her glasses from her flawless face. Yoona never regretted swinging in the wrong direction. Because if the person who made her swing in the wrong direction was Jessica, she wouldn’t have any doubt in her heart. Jessica was perfection, what more, could she ask for?

 

“What did I say something wrong in my sentence before?” She playfully asks, tucking Yoona’s strand hair behind her ears with her eyes all for Yoona.

 

Yoona lips went dry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica was beautiful.

 

Jessica was charming.

 

Jessica was witty.

 

Jessica was cute.

 

Jessica was everything for Im Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you like my coffee?”

 

“Very much, thank you.”

 

“Can we hit the cinemas then?”

 

Somehow, it made Yoona shy with Jessica because she was so straight forward, but she knew it was worth it. Jessica would smile with her sparkling eyes before nodding her head in a slight manner.

 

 

 

 

“Sure cinemas. We can go to the funfair if you want.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author note: Sorry for the long wait guys. First, of all, I didn't expect 42 users subscribed me and 7 upvotes. OMG 7 is too much for a just description but thank you guys tbh. I actually wrote this for my reading, hehexD

 

I'm not a native Eng speaker, so please do forgive me for any grammar errors :)

 

Anyway, who watch both mv about our 9 queens? I swear, S.M. really need to hold Kim Taeyeon down hahahahaXD Holiday is nice, but I like Light Up The Sky personally.

 

And Jesssica. Tbh, I really like all of the songs in there. #MyDecade is so special because I like all of them.

 

Jessica My Decade song pick: Summer Storm, Beautiful Mind, Saturday Night, and Starry Night