fin.

breathless (literally)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why don't you just talk to him already?"

"I didn't ask you to sleepover so you could judge my life choices, Yugyeom."

The younger boy snorted, "you know that was what was going to happen anyway. Especially because you asked me to sleep over for this sole reason. I'm only awake this early so I could watch your lover boy jog around the block with you." 

"Alright, fine. Also, he's not my lover boy," Jinyoung said, hitting the younger boy's head lightly. It's not like the latter was lying, though. Actually, he was right on all counts. Both boys were only awake so they could watch Jinyoung's neighbour do his daily morning jog past his house, which was also why they were situated by the window in his room that was overlooking the lawn. They had stayed awake mainly because Jinyoung couldn't shut up about him. 

He knew very little about his neighbour, which Jinyoung hoped to change eventually. 

For now, he settled with what he could get. First, he didn't know the guy's name, but he knew he was absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous. So Jinyoung nicknamed him Handsome Guy just for laughs even if he meant it with utmost sincerity. Next, he knew the name of Handsome Guy's dog. The small, white dog was named Coco. Sometimes the dog joined Handsome Guy during his jogs, or would be walked later on during the day. 

"How do you know his dog's name, but not him?" Yugyeom had asked incredulously last night.

"I've heard him call the dog," was Jinyoung's simple reply. 

That aside, he was also sure of how his handsome neighbour jogged every morning at exactly 6AM. It was ridiculous. Honestly, Jinyoung only found out after a night of binge-watching his favourite show. He didn't sleep a wink and his mother was pleasantly surprised to see him awake so early when he decided to have some breakfast, not knowing the reason why. Jinyoung was sent on a grocery run that he couldn't say no to, else he risked his mother's wrath. On his way to the nearest grocery mart, he literally bumped into his handsome neighbour. 

"Woops, sorry," Handsome Guy said with an apologetic smile, before running off—with Jinyoung's heart and all of Jinyoung's remaining sanity. 

Since then, sometimes he actually chose to wake up earlier than usual despite it being summer break. It was sort of a win-win situation; he gets to see a beautiful, gorgeous sight every morning and also his mother was pleased with him. No more endless nagging about his sleeping habits. Of course, he still stayed awake for far too long on some nights, though. He was smart enough not to head down during those moments and chose to watch Handsome Guy jog by from his room instead, which was what he was doing with Yugyeom. 

"There he is!" Jinyoung pointed out, just as a figure came running onto the sidewalk. 

Has he mentioned Handsome Guy liked running shirtless? 

Handsome Guy liked running shirtless. 

"He's shirtless," Yugyeom said, just to make sure.

"I know." 

"Nice arms."

"Nice everything."

"He looks familiar."

Jinyoung's head turned towards the other boy faster than the speed of light, "what?" 

"Just kidding."

"I hate y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter