your touch that's become hot.

words don't come easy.

 

We’ve been doing so good lately. Win after win, award after award. This is where all of our blood, sweat, and tears have gone to. The recognition that Mamamoo have been striving for while persevering through society’s harsh expectations on idols.

 

Everyone’s cheering over beer or wine, congratulating anyone nearby for their hard work.

 

I’m sitting with Wheein and Byuyli, the both of them swaying out of sync and getting drunk from the cheerful atmosphere (and the alcohol).

 

I take sips from my soft drink, eyes scanning the room. I know where she is, why am I pretending to look around?

 

I open the door to the back and peek around the corner. Hyejin is crouched down, beer in hand, head back against the cement of the wall. 

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Hello.”

 

I take a seat next to her, straightening my skirt and fiddling with my hands on my lap. I take a quick deep breath, kicking myself to just say something. 

 

“Good wor-“

 

I’m interrupted with a beer bottle at my lips. It rests there while I look at Hyejin, her head turned facing me, that warm smile there again. 

 

“You did good, Unnie. Thank you for all your hard work.”

 

She pulls the bottle away to press the bottle to her lips briefly before taking a drink.

 

I clear my throat and let out an awkward “Thank you” accompanied with a small laugh, tucking hair behind my ear. I my lips and I could taste her lipstick. It’s getting really hot out here and I’m blaming every bodily dysfunction on Hyejin.

That's when she pulls me in for a hug, our faces squishing together.

 

I feel the low vibration of her husky chuckle against the side of my face and I swear I’m overheating.

 

“You must have had too much to drink, Unnie,” she says while patting my thigh.

 

“You know I don’t drink.”

 

“I do.”