4. F O U R T H

Lost & Found

Warning: Um... Sehun x Baekhyun scene(s)? Skip if uncomfortable with m/m or !!! Some of you might know how much i love and ship sebaek so don't expect this fic to NOT have sebaek D:


I find out that Sehun and Baekhyun actually share the master bedroom. They have given me my own room next to theirs and they even help me to set everything up. Being in the same house as them though, doesn’t give me the same sense of being in the same house as Vivi and Mongryong. And after six months with the overly affectionate animals, I have grown to yearn for cuddles.

It is only the second night since moving in and it is already two in the morning but I still can’t go to sleep. It feels so oddly lonely even though I know the two males are in the next room. Maybe it is the thought of them having each other to cuddle together when I used to have them both. I debate on whether I should get down the bed and look for them. But then I don’t want to seem too needy, especially since we’re practically strangers, right?

So I bear the loneliness for three more nights, not noticing the dark eye circles on the two males that seem to mirror mine every morning when we greet each other good morning. On the sixth night though, the loneliness has gotten so overwhelming that I forget about my pride and rip the blanket off my body. I make sure to be quiet when I leave my bedroom. I stand before the master bedroom, not sure if I should knock or if I should just enter.

Deciding to be civil, I bite nervously on my bottom lip and knock tentatively on the door. I hear the faint sound of the light switch being flipped on. Slowly, I open the door and look inside.

The bedside lamp is , illuminating just a small part of the room. Baekhyun is sitting up on the bed, his hair messy. Sehun is next to him, lying on his stomach, head lifted from the pillow and turned to me. They both look frustrated and way too alert at nearly two in the morning. Baekhyun his lips and combs his fingers through his hair.

“You okay?” he asks gently, frowning a little. He eyes me peeking from behind the door, looking so apprehensive. “Come in, sweetheart.”

Heeding the invitation, I enter the room and shut the door behind me. I can feel the two pairs of eyes following my movement. I fiddle with the end of my oversized shirt, nervous. I walk until I am only a few steps away from the bed

“I can’t sleep,” I tell them quietly, eyes casted downwards.

“Same goes,” Baekhyun mutters. “Sehun’s been tossing and turning so much.”

As if to prove his point, Sehun groans loudly and throws his face into the pillow. I nibble on my bottom lip, not sure what else to do. But Baekhyun saves me from my awkwardness.

“Do you want to sleep with us?” he invites. I lift my head to look at him. He glances around him. “The bed’s big enough for the three of us.”

Immediately, I bob my head. He smiles and gets off the bed, ushering me to the mattress. I climb under the blanket and sit in the middle of the bed. Baekhyun joins me, already laying his head on his pillow. He looks up at me, cocking an eyebrow. Blushing, I move down until I am lying between the two males. Baekhyun turns off the bedroom lamp, plunging us in darkness.

It is so quiet and so awkward. My body is frozen and my breathing has stopped. I hope they can’t hear my fast heartbeat. Before I even get to feel even more awkward and think that this was a bad idea, Sehun flips onto his side and wraps his arms around me, making me gasp. He brings me in closer to him, his leg wrapped around mine. He even dips his head to bury his face into my neck, his hair tickling me like how Vivi’s whiskers used to.

I feel myself relax slowly in his embrace. My heart starts to calm down. Now, Baekhyun also turns onto his side and scoots over, sandwiching me between him and Sehun. I let out a small whimper when I see his soft hand ghosting over mine before he picks it up and slides his slender fingers through mine. I dare to look to the side.

Baekhyun brings our entwined hands up to rest on my chest. His eyes are on me now, sparkling with adoration. His lips spread into a soft smile.

“Good night, Princess,” he whispers.

That night, for the first time since moving here, I fall asleep within minutes, fully content in the arms of Sehun and Baekhyun.

The next morning, however, I wake up to a mess of limbs. Baekhyun’s, Sehun’s and my legs have gotten into a three-way tangle. I am now curled on my side with Sehun’s head hiding in the crook of my stomach, his arm loose around my waist, overlapping Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun is also way closer to me now than he was last night, spooning me with his face in my nape.

I groan and try to stretch but we are in such an intricate tangle that I don’t know whose limb is whose. So I simply stay there for a few moments, relishing in the strangely comfortable position I have gotten myself into. The next person to wake up is Baekhyun, who has always been a light sleeper even as Mongryong. He hums lowly, pressing his face into my nape as he tenses his body in a stretch. He takes in a deep breath and lifts his hand, only to present our still entwined fingers. Not wanting undo it though, he drops our hands again.

Tentatively, I turn my head. Baekhyun lifts his, surprised. We blink at each other for a moment, dazed. But then his lips stretch into a beautiful smile, making me breathless.

“Slept well?” he whispers, sounding so husky that my heart skips a beat. I bob my head. His smile widens. “Me too.”

“Baekhyun,” I call softly, cringing when I hear how rough my voice sounds. But the sparkle in his eyes only dances even more.

“Yes?”

“I think I’m going to be late for uni.”

He stares at my calm expression for a moment before realising that I’m right. His eyes widen. I watch him in amusement when he tears his hand out of my hold. That is also when I realise that I have been sleeping on his arm because when he props himself up on his elbow, I feel my pillow tensing. Baekhyun stretches his other hand out to poke Sehun, who only whines and snuggle into my stomach more.

“Sehun,” Baekhyun hisses, now pinching him. “Baby.”

“No,” the silver-haired male whines, shaking his head.

“Wake up. She’s going to be late for uni,” Baekhyun chastises. “Baby, get up.”

Sehun groans and throws his head back to look at me. My breath stops at how light his blue eyes are in the morning.

“Can you not go to school?” he mutters grumpily.

I can’t trust myself to speak but luckily, Baekhyun clucks his tongue and pushes his forehead. Sehun shoots the older male a glare. Baekhyun, however, ignores it and turns to me. He helps me up gently.

“Go to school. We’ll see you when you get home,” he tells me with an assuring smile.

I nod my head. While I try to find my legs in the mess of limbs, Sehun argues with Baekhyun, “But we can take care of her anyway.”

“Yes, but she wants to be a vet,” Baekhyun mutters, helping me distractedly.

“But then she’ll be touching other animals too.” Sehun whines now. “I don’t want that.”

I am finally free but I turn my head to raise an amused eyebrow at him. He only glares at me.

“Going over to that stupid Minseok’s place and then touching every other animal like you don’t have two handsome—”

“That’s enough,” Baekhyun clucks his tongue. Sehun continues glaring at me but shuts up anyway.

My face is red with embarrassment. “Sorry,” I apologise softly. “I won’t look for Minseok anymore if it upsets you.”

He raises an eyebrow, waiting for more. When I don’t say more, he frowns. “And the other animals?”

“I’m a vet student, Sehun,” I tell him with a frown. “I have to work with animals.”

He rolls his eyes and looks away unhappily. “You’re just not committed to this relationship,” he grumbles.

My heart stops for a moment. “What relationship?” I whisper, voice shaking a little.

This,” he snaps. “Love!”

No one would quite understand what he is trying to say but I understand the gist of it when I hear him say love. I dart my eyes to Baekhyun, who is quietly observing us. I can just tell that he is the kind to watch, never really interfering until he has to. So I turn to Sehun.

“I just met you guys, Sehun,” I tell him exasperatedly.

“What about Vivi and Mongryong?” he asks rhetorically, passionately. “We’re still them, just in human form.” The hardness of his eyes morphs into a sort of insecure sadness that makes my heart clench. “It’s hard to cope when you’ve given so much of your love before and now you just see us as… strangers.”

I flicker my eyes between Baekhyun and him, but I see nothing in the latter’s change of expression. I hadn’t expected such a confession so early in the morning, especially from Sehun. Don’t guys like to brood over things and say nothing at all until things start to fester and threaten to blow up? Is it different for people in Elyxion? Or is it just Sehun?

“I-I’m sorry,” I apologise sincerely, softly. “It’s just hard to think that you’re Vivi and Mongryong, or the other way around.” He doesn’t say anything to that. I feel even worse. I sigh and climb onto the bed again, staring down at Sehun who is avoiding my eyes. “I love Vivi and Mongryong very much. And I’m sure I will grow to love the both of you just as much, or even more.” At that, he glances up at me. “But for now, what can I do so I won’t have to leave you mad and angry?”

“I want a kiss.”

I gape at him, not exactly sure if I had already been waiting for that. Sehun keeps his eyes on me, waiting for a reaction. My heart is pounding in my chest, wondering if he is for real. But I see the twinkle of hope and eagerness in his eyes. Knowing I have no choice, I shuffle closer and lean down, my face close to his. He stares into my eyes with his piercing blue ones, letting me lose myself in the swirl of love and emotions in the ocean blue. I hold my breath and close the distance between our lips.

I flutter my eyes close when our lips touch. Sehun hums in satisfaction, already slipping his hand around my nape to pull me closer. He doesn’t deepen the kiss though, simply wanting to feel my lips on his for a longer period of time, not letting me pull away. But he eventually lets go of me, letting me breathe again. I open my eyes, looking down at him. He is smiling up at me, eyes crinkled with happiness, a 180-degree change from before.

“See you after school,” he murmurs softly, pecking me on the lips again.

My head feels very light and drowsy when I lean back. I turn to Baekhyun, who has been watching everything unfold before him silently. He stares at me, his brown eyes dark with a hint of jealousy. But he isn’t like Sehun. He doesn’t say how he feels. So I climb down the bed and walk round to his side where he is propped up against the headboard, watching me. I rest my hand on his firm chest and lean down to press my lips to his. I can feel him holding his breath.

Our kiss isn’t as long as the kiss I shared with Sehun. But when I pull back, Baekhyun still looks contented and happy. I give him a tentative smile, my cheeks burning up. I turn to Sehun as well, who has been watching us with an adoring smile. I take a step back and look down shyly, mumbling a goodbye before scurrying out the door, too embarrassed.

 



 

 

I return home after uni to the smell of cooking. I slip off my sneakers and wear my pink bedroom slippers, shuffling into the house. I pin my eyes on the kitchen where the exhaust fan is whirring loudly, which is probably why Sehun and Baekhyun don’t hear me come home. They’re working side by side, their difference in height so obvious. I watch them for a moment, observing how Sehun turns to Baekhyun with his eyes crinkled into half moons, his lips stretched into a big smile as he laughs. Baekhyun bumps his shoulders against Sehun’s, chuckling at the joke.

Their gazes lock for a moment, the both of them still laughing. Then Sehun leans down and kisses Baekhyun’s smile, causing the brown-haired male to stand up straighter to press their lips closer. When they pull away, their smiles have impossibly gotten wider.

My chest warms up, feeling much more comfortable with them upon seeing how close they are. Just like Vivi and Mongryong were.

“I’m home!” I shout aloud to be heard over the loud exhaust fan.

At once, the two males whip their heads around, eager eyes that remind me so much of their animal counterparts that I have to suppress a smile. Sehun immediately drops his knife and evacuates his spot by the kitchen counter. My eyes widen when he rushes over, very much like how Vivi would jump down from the top of the dining table when I get home after uni. Sehun stands before me, making me look up at him with doe eyes. He lifts his hands, looks at how his fingers are dotted with minced garlic, and turns to me.

I gasp when he clamps my face with his forearms. He is grinning when he tilts my head up, leans down and kisses me on the lips, making my body flush. He nips a little on my lip this time but doesn’t deepen the kiss any more than that. I am in a daze when he parts from my lips.

“We’re making dinner,” he tells me, letting go of my face now.

“What are you making?” I murmur, following him back to the kitchen where he returns to his vacated spot.

I stand behind him, tipping my toes to look at what they’re cutting. But they’re too tall for me so I bend down and look under their elbows. Sehun is mincing garlic and Baekhyun is cutting up some chicken. He turns slightly to the side and I look up at him from where I am, watching how he is looking down at me with affectionate and amused eyes. I blush and stand up quickly.

“How was uni?” he asks.

“It was okay,” I mumble, shrugging. I bite my bottom lip and glance at Sehun, who is focused on mincing the garlic. I look at Baekhyun tentatively, who only raises an eyebrow at me. “Do you… Do you need…” I my lips, frowning.

But Baekhyun knows what I want to say. He hums and scrunches his lips into a smiling pucker, his eyes sparkling, already leaning down. I blush but nonetheless lift my head to give him a quick kiss on the lips. He moans softly.

“I’m going to shower!” I announce quickly, my face red from that interaction.

Baekhyun snorts. I am already running up to my room when I hear him sniggering. I put down my bag and take a shower as I said I would. By the time I thud back down the stairs, all clean and refreshed, food is already served. Baekhyun is already sitting down while Sehun is just putting down the last of our drinks (theirs being water and mine being the yoghurt drink). The two males smile at me and gesture for me to sit. I pull out the chair at the head of the table since Sehun and Baekhyun occupied the corners of each side of the table.

I smile at them. “Thanks for cooking.”

They hum. Sehun starts to cut up a chunk of fish for me while Baekhyun scoops the vegetables to put on my plate. I wait for them to pile food onto their own plates first before eating. The food is surprisingly tasty, considering how they’re half animals who ate dry food for the past six months. The atmosphere is quiet for a while but it is a comfortable silence that I do not mind. Though I am not peeved at all either when Baekhyun speaks.

“So what animal did you touch today?”

I lift my head, rolling my eyes to the ceiling as I think back. I perk up and grin at him, only now noticing him watching me intently. “Chameleons!”

At once, his facial features turn into what I would describe as disgusted. I glance at Sehun to see him looking at me in horror.

Chameleons?” Baekhyun repeats incredulously.

“As in, lizards?” Sehun gasps.

I frown at the both of them, though amused by their reactions. I bob my head. “They’re cute.” The both of them look at me like I’m made of vomit, or something. I scowl and whine, “What?”

“It’s just…” Baekhyun starts, trying to smooth out his features though failing unsuccessfully. “Back in our world, lizards are like prison guards. They’re really heartless and mean.”

Sehun nods his head in agreement. “And the lizards here likes spitting water at us. It’s disgusting.”

I giggle. “Well, the lizards in this world aren’t mean.”

“They spat water at us!” Sehun repeats, eyes wide on me like I hadn’t heard him the first time.

I laugh even more. He scowls at his food, deciding not to argue anymore because he knows he won’t make me think otherwise. Not when I am a vet student who is passionate about all sorts of animals.

But he still mumbles to his rice with a scoff, “You’re much nicer to Vivi than you are to me.”




 

 

I look up when I hear a knock on my door. Baekhyun pops his head through the small opening as he pushes on the door. He sees me studying at my table, a soft smile on his face. He flickers his eyes up to mine.

“It’s getting late, sweetheart,” he murmurs, now pushing the door open so I see him leaning against the doorframe.

I look at the time. It’s already midnight. “Oh,” I mumble. “I’ll sleep after I finish this section of notes.”

He hums. I my head to the side when he stays there, unmoving. He his lips. “Can we go to sleep together again tonight?”

I blink at the request, not quite expecting it. Though I guess part of me wanted either of them to ask anyway because last night had been a good night of sleep for me. And it seemed like it was for them too.

“Yeah,” I whisper, nodding my head and giving him a small smile. “I’ll go over when I’m done.”

His features light up. “Okay,” he smiles happily and nods. He takes hold of the doorknob. “Don’t study till too late,” he reminds me as he closed the door.

I heed his advice, going through the notes of the remaining subtopic before calling it a day, which turns out to only be 15 minutes later. I pack up my table, grab my phone, and leave my room after turning off the lights. I am setting my alarm for tomorrow when I enter the master bedroom, forgetting to knock. But the two guys are already in bed, cuddling while watching a TV show.

Sehun’s head is resting in the crook of Baekhyun’s neck while the older male is playing with the silver grey hair of Sehun. They turn to me when I step into the room. I observe the two of them cuddling so warmly on the bed, making me feel all fuzzy inside. A smile automatically creeps onto my lips.

“You’re done?” Baekhyun hopes, his lips tilted in a soft smile. I bob my head.

Sehun pats Baekhyun’s chest. “You can lie here. Baekhyun has the nicest chest to sleep on.” He pauses though, watching me climb under the blanket with them. “No, I think yours might be nicer.” I freeze and gape at him for having said that remark. He continues, “Like in-built pillows—”

“Sehun,” Baekhyun chuckles. “That’s enough.” He looks at me, still frozen and red, kneeling on the bed. He reaches out to tangle our fingers together. “Come and cuddle. I like being the pillow.”

“But you always made me the pillow when you were Mongryong,” I mumble, though I heed Sehun’s advice and move to lay my head on Baekhyun’s firm chest, my hand resting on his torso. I can feel Sehun shifting so that his nose is in my hair while his head is still on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“That’s because you would never have thought to use me as a pillow,” Baekhyun counters, his slender fingers already gravitating to my face.

I hold my breath when he brushes his fingers on my cheek, sweeping my hair out of the way. Then, he lets his soft fingers glide across my cheek back and forth in a velvety caress. I let out a contented hum and snuggle even more into his chest, curling my legs around his and finding Sehun’s in the mix as well. It is silent between us for a while. I feel Sehun starting to play with the ends of my hair.

“Can I ask you guys a question?” I blurt quietly, deciding to ask them now before I lose the courage to.

Baekhyun hums, making his reverberating chest an even nicer pillow. But I tear myself away from his pecs and push myself up with the support of my hand on his abs. He looks down at me with a frown while Sehun lifts his eyes, curious.

“Why are you guys so affectionate? I thought cats and dogs were enemies.”

Baekhyun hmms as if finding the best answer for me but Sehun already has one. “We were born different,” he simply says.

I frown, not quite understanding. They’re hybrids, of course they’re different. So Baekhyun sighs and takes over.

“There’s another reason why we left Elyxion…” he mutters. “Cats and dogs don’t mix well in our planet either. We’re civil around each other but most of the time, we just find faults with each other so there is something to fight about.”

I am distracted for a moment when Sehun rests his hand on my shoulder, letting his finger caress my bare shoulder that has been exposed by my oversized shirt because of my position. I dart my eyes back to Baekhyun.

“So in our world, every time a prince turns 18, every of-age royalty, no matter what species, is invited to the celebration.” His lips tilt sweetly at the recollection of the memory. “It was the first time we met. Sehun only just turned 18. We couldn’t keep our eyes off each other the entire party until I approached him at the end of the night.” Sehun moves impossibly closer to Baekhyun. “We’ve been together ever since. Always over at each other’s palaces. Always out on dates. But our parents didn’t approve of it. The whole kingdom didn’t approve of it.”

“So you eloped to earth?” I breathe, eyes intent on Baekhyun’s misty ones.

He blinks and looks at me. A bitter smile takes over his features. He nods. “We’re not born to be affectionate with each other, you see.”

I nod my head. I understand. He smiles sadly and reaches out to my cheek. I ask, “Why did you stay with me?” He raises an eyebrow at my question. “You could have ran away when I save you from the shelter. Why did you stay with me?”

“We liked you since you first came down to give us our check-up,” Sehun mumbles.

Baekhyun laughs quietly. “Sehun likes everyone who would give him cuddles.” The silver-haired male gives a very cat-like whine and bumps Baekhyun’s cheek with his head. Baekhyun continues anyway, “But yes. We did. You were very kind to us. And you talked to us so lovingly.”

“Junmyeon and Jongdae love animals,” I counter.

He hums. “Yeah, but that’s different. Their love feels more… professional, you know? But yours… there’s passion in your affection.”

Sehun nods in agreement. “And there’s some kind of pull when we saw you. Like we just knew we were going to love you.”

“The kind of pull you felt with Baekhyun?” I whisper, staring at him.

He stares back at me, his blue eyes twinkling beautifully. He smiles. “The very same kind,” he whispers.

I let out an abashed squeal, plunging my face in Baekhyun’s chest again. The two males chuckle at my reaction. I hear Sehun call my name with his low voice. When I don’t respond, he lifts my head manually so that he is staring straight into my wide eyes. His head isn’t on Baekhyun’s shoulder anymore though Baekhyun drops his hand that had been playing with his hair to caress his shoulder.

“I have seen many beautiful women on this planet and ours,” he murmurs softly, making my heart clench painfully. He pulls my face closer gently. “But you’re by the far the loveliest, smartest, most beautiful woman I have ever set my eyes on.” I hold my breath when he leans in to press his lips to mine, making my heart skip a beat. “You and Baekhyun have equal standing in my heart,” he whispers against my lips, tilting his head to nip on my bottom lip, slightly.

“What about Baekhyun?” I breathe, a little greedy for both their love now.

I force my eyes to open though Sehun continues to nibble and flick his tongue on my lip, making it extremely hard to even not melt into the kiss. I rest my eyes on Baekhyun who is watching Sehun kiss me, his eyes dark but loving. He reaches out to the back of my head before sliding his hand down to my bicep, tugging me upwards to pull me closer. Sehun doesn’t complain about having to break the kiss. Instead, he moves forward and drops kisses on my neck and shoulder, moving dangerously close to my chest as he tugs on my shirt collar. Baekhyun captures my lips this time, his hand now cradling my cheek, tilting my head.

That night, though Baekhyun doesn’t verbally tell me how much I mean to him, he shows it to me, just as Sehun does. the both of them shower me with all the love and affection in the world, making me go to sleep late but in a skyhigh bliss, the blood in my veins coursing with their love and adoration.

 
 
 
 

Author's note:

i literally wrote 4.5k words in 1 day... I never write that fast and that much.... unless i'm procrastinating. so you guys know what's up: i have a test on monday and I haven't studied for it, instead I've been burying myself in my sebaek world. not really complaining but kind of complaining? lol 

anYWAYS I LOVE SEBAEK SO MUCH MY HEART HURTS I WANT THEM TO KISS MOREEEEEEEE (with oc too, sure but SEBAEK)

xoxo