the long overdue tea party

Kaleidoscope Heart

okay so we got tickets for wanna one's fanmeeting here
and i'm not rich af to get vip tickets
but nevertheless
I'M SEEING DANIEL IN OCTOBER

disclaimer: i don't really write poems so i am apologizing in advance for whatever you're going to read, i tried my best though :(
will edit when i'm not too lazy since my eyes and head hurt already


**

 

“She used to date Sanggyun hyung.” Kim Donghan said in a matter-of-factly tone before taking a sip from his drink.

“Oh, I see..” Daniel blinked, a little confused at the sudden turn of events. And it finally hit him, slowly getting aware of the situation. His expression suddenly changed, as if it was screaming oh oh what did I just do at the moment.

Jinri didn’t know what to do. It would be better for the ground to eat her alive at the moment. What would be a better thing to do at the moment? Her mind went blank.

She wanted so bad to clear the situation; tell the guys, Sanggyun especially that Seongwu isn’t the reason for her shortcomings. As clichéd as it sounds, the usual movie line ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ is the perfect phrase to describe Jinri’s reasons. It was just the wrong timing for Sanggyun and Jinri, and no other person should be blamed or held responsible for the outcome of it but her.

Sanggyun holds a special spot in her heart, and Jinri knows it well. Even at the moment, she still felt guilty for hurting Sanggyun that much. He got tired of waiting, and when someone who used to love you with all their heart tells you that he’s tired, you know you’re the one who ed up real good.

Daniel looked really guilty. Even though he stood still, it was obvious that he was thinking of how to turn things around to stop all the awkwardness he caused. Looking around, he met Dongho’s gaze. Dongho subtly pointed towards the door with his thumb, gesturing for Daniel to start preparing for them to leave.

“Alright,” Kenta suddenly said. “Are we still going to continue the game or naaaah?” He tried to liven up the mood by nudging his friends one by one, snapping his fingers in front of Daniel to catch the boy’s attention.

“I think I’m going to call it a night, since I won two times in a row.” Daniel said with an awkward chuckle, trying to lighten up the mood. It was a success though, since the guys laughed and teased Hyunbin who drank most of the beer since he lost.

While the guys teased Hyunbin, Daniel placed an arm around Jinri’s shoulder carefully, slowly turning her to the side. Jinri looked at him, a little confused. Daniel mouthed the words ‘sorry’ before gesturing that they should leave the spot as soon as possible.

“Yeah, we’re going to go ahead.” Dongho added, tapping Seongwu on the shoulder and gestures for them to leave the spot. “It was nice seeing you guys here.”

Seongwu cleared his throat, preparing to leave as well. “We’ll see you guys around. I hope you’re having fun tonight.”

Taehyun nodded, finally able to give the others a smile. “The feeling’s mutual, Dongho. Seongwu.” Taehyun looked at Jinri, giving her a small smile as he gave her an acknowledging nod. “You too, Jinri.”

Jinri nodded slowly. “I’ll see you guys around. Have fun.”

“I’ll see you guys around. Nice game, Hyunbin.” Daniel gave each one of the guys a high five with his free hand before leaving with Jinri, Dongho and Seongwu.

Dongho led the three to the garden, where most of the people were. The literature majors were hosting a poetry event, where lit majors can showcase their works, and give other people a chance to present their own poems during the open mic sessions every once in a while.

Daniel let out a sigh of relief, his knees giving up. “Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Jinri!” He stood up, looking like a kicked puppy as he continuously apologized to the girl. “I didn’t know, I’m really sorry. I just met those guys tonight, they were my roommate’s friends and I didn’t know that you used to date that Sanggyun guy! I promise, it wasn’t intentional. I’m really sorry!”

Jinri nodded, not really blaming Daniel for what happened. He was just trying to be friendly, and it isn’t his fault that he wasn’t informed of Jinri’s dating history. “It’s okay, Daniel. You didn’t know. I’m the one who should be apologizing, since I put you guys in an awkward position.” She looked at Dongho and Seongwu as well, bowing at each of them.

Daniel stopped her from bowing, still feeling guilty because of what he did. “No, no! Don’t apologize, it was my fault. I am such an insensitive person. I’m really sorry, Jinri, Ong hyung, Dongho hyung.”

Seongwu shook his head before letting out a smile. “It’s okay, we don’t really have problems with the guys there. I’m j—”

“Excuse me, Ong Seongwu,” Jeon Soyeon, one of the organizers of the poetry part of the event, suddenly walked towards the three. She looked at the group. “Am I disrupting something?”

Seongwu shook his head. “Can I help with something?”

Soyeon nodded, informing Seongwu about the setup of the stage for the bands who were about to play in a few minutes. “I’m going to borrow your friend for a while, I’m really sorry. I’ll return him, I promise.” She said, bowing at Dongho, Jinri and Daniel.

“Eh~ stop talking like that.” Seongwu let out a soft chuckle, before looking at the three. He gave his bottle of beer to Dongho before looking at Jinri with an apologetic smile. “I’ll be back, I promise. I’m sorry, I didn’t know things would turn out this way. I even promised to keep you company.”

“It’s okay, go do your thing. I’m fine here with these two.” She took a sip from her drink which she totally ignored before.

After another round of apologies, Seongwu left with Soyeon to deal with the technical difficulties of the band setup.

“Jinri,” Daniel looked at the girl, getting ready for another round of apologies for the previous situation. But before he could, Jinri stuffed his mouth with bread sticks.

“Stop apologizing, it isn’t your fault and I’m not going to repeat myself, okay?”

Daniel nodded slowly, chewing on the bread sticks. He still looked guilty, but chose to just shut up.

“Ooooh, feisty. I like that.” Dongho said with a teasing smile, nudging Jinri gently on the side.

Jinri scrunched her nose, finishing her cup of cocktail. “I have a question though.” She leaned on the wall, standing right beside Daniel who kept on getting the bread sticks from the cup she was holding.

“Go, shoot.” Dongho said nonchalantly.

“I don’t want to be nosy or anything,” Jinri tapped the cup with her fingers, hesitating to ask the question. However, her curiosity is slowly eating her. The fact that both Dongho and Seongwu hesitated when they saw the group of guys with Daniel isn’t something that she could ignore. There must be a concrete reason for their hesitation. If there isn’t something that happened between the groups, Dongho and Seongwu would’ve acted like how Daniel did, and the tension must only be between Jinri and Sanggyun’s friends. “I get the reason for the awkwardness between me and those guys, but what’s with you and them?”

Daniel looked at Dongho, slowly getting curious as well. He was about to get another bread stick from the cup, but Jinri stopped her, telling him to get his own. The boy chuckled softly, apologizing for eating most of the sticks.

Dongho shrugged slightly, looking like he knew something. “You know how drunk people can sometimes get too brave. Something like that.”

Jinri narrowed her eyes at Dongho. “Something’s up, and I can feel that it has something to do with me, Dongho. Or am I just overreacting?”

“Do you really want to know why?” Dongho tilted his head to the side, looking at Jinri with a playful expression.

Jinri and Daniel nodded at the same time, and it made Dongho laugh. “This third wheel is getting curious as well.” He gave Daniel a gentle pat on the arm, chuckling softly.

“I’m part of the conversation as well, hyung.” Daniel said with a shy smile. “I’m the one who made the whole situation awkward after all.”

Jinri nudged Daniel on the side a little too hard, making the boy whine. “How many times am I going to tell you that it isn’t your fault?” Daniel scrunched his nose, pouting slightly as he rubbed his side. “Anyways, what’s the dish?” She looked at Dongho.

“It was around May or June of last year, I think?” Dongho pressed his lips together, looking like he was trying to fish out some memory from the back of his head. “That Sanggyun guy, the one you used to date? We coincidentally went to the pub where he was drinking with his friends. He got really drunk, and started calling Seongwu out of the pub, and when we did come out to check what all the fuss was about, he punched Seongwu in the face, saying he’s the reason why you two broke up.”

Jinri tried to speak, but ended up closing . She didn’t know that something like that happened, and she felt extremely sorry towards Dongho, especially at Seongwu for being the receiving end of the results of her actions.

“Woah,” Daniel looked at Dongho then at Jinri, looking extremely amazed. “That’s some k-drama you got there.”

“Well, aren’t dramas based on real life events?” Dongho said with a slight chuckle as he looked at the pink-haired boy. He then looked at Jinri, waiting for her response.

“Well, damn. I..” Jinri let out a sigh, still trying to compose a decent sentence in her mind. “I’m really sorry for causing all that trouble.”

“Don’t worry about it, we didn’t really take it seriously since the guy was drunk and crying. Taehyun and his friends apologized in his behalf that time. He was too emotional and drunk, we kind of understood. Even so, it still felt a little weird to see them again.” Dongho smiled at Jinri, giving her arm a gentle pat.

Everything was starting to piece together slowly. The reason why Dongho was extremely friendly towards her before was now known, as well as why Seongwu kept on looking at her as if she’s got the answer to something. Some random guy came and punched his friend because of her. Who wouldn’t be curious? If it was her, she would want to know as well. Like what’s the deal and was it worthy to get punched because of a person you don’t even know. It now made sense.

She bit her lower lip, guilt washing through her. She needs to find the right time to apologize to Seongwu about all that, and to Sanggyun as well, even though it was long overdue.

“Is it true though?” Dongho looked at Jinri, his expression slowly turning a little serious.

“What is?”

“That you broke up with that Sanggyun guy because of Seongwu?”

Jinri shook her head. “No. I have my reasons, and Seongwu isn’t one of them.” Instead of correcting Dongho about who broke up with who, she decided to keep it to herself. She doesn’t need to explain her side to everyone. It will only make her seem like she’s defending an irrational action she did in the past.

“Uhm..” Daniel suddenly said, making the two look at him. “Since you two are getting a little serious, I’m going to get some drinks. Do you guys have any request? Beer? Bread sticks?”

Dongho shook his head. “Naaah, I’m fine. You?”

Jinri looked at Daniel and gave her his empty cup of bread sticks. “Since you ate them all, get me some.” She patted his head, smiling slightly.

“Gosh, you treat me like I’m your puppy. Stop patting my head like that.” Daniel tried to avoid Jinri’s hand, but to no success.

“You’re like the puppy I never had, dude.” Jinri stuck her tongue out, chuckling softly as she watched the boy go inside the house to get some food.

After Daniel went inside, the two were silent. They both just watched the program, listening to the current one reciting his piece on the stage.

Jinri needed the silence that time, her mind was a mess. The people from her past and the ones she’s with right now are all getting dragged into the mess she didn’t know she created.

“OH MY GOD I AM SO TIRED.” Jaehwan’s voice pulled her out of her train of thoughts, the boy suddenly coming from inside the house with his guitar on his back. He gave Dongho an acknowledging smile before looking at Jinri, placing an arm around the girl’s shoulder. “What’s up dude? You look like a kicked puppy. Something happened?”

Jinri let out a sigh, leaning her head on Jaehwan’s shoulder. Seeing a familiar face felt like a lot of load was taken off of her shoulder. “Longest night of my life, man.” She looked at him, an eyebrow raised. “Did you take a shower though?”

Jaehwan pushed her away playfully, ruffling his wet hair right across her face. The water droplets were getting to her. “I did, you judgmental . Smell my hair, it smells like aloe vera.”

“Ew,” She groaned in disgust, pushing the laughing boy away from her. “No thanks.” Dongho laughed as he watched the two.

“Where’s Minhyun?” Jaehwan looked around.

Jinri shrugged. “I’m not sure, I haven’t seen him yet.”

Jaehwan nodded slowly, taking his phone out of his pocket.

“Jinri, Jinri!” Daniel suddenly came out of the house, holding a bottle of beer on one hand and a cup of bread sticks on the other. He looked so happy and giddy, just like a kid excited to show something for the first time. “I have a surprise for you!”

Jinri looked at the boy as he handed the cup of bread sticks to her. She raised a brow. “What is it this time?”

Daniel’s grin widened, looking at the door. Jinri followed his gaze, a little nervous at who’s going to come out of it.

Jaehwan’s laugh could be heard as soon as Chungha stepped out of the door, followed by a smiling Minhyun, holding a DSLR camera in his hands.

“Surprise!” Chungha said, running excitedly towards Jinri, tackling her in a tight hug.

Jinri was both surprised and happy to see her friend, hugging her as tight. “When did you come back? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I wanted to surprise you, and thanks to Minhyun, it was a success.” Chungha smiled as she looked at Jinri, patting her gently on the back.

Jinri looked at Minhyun, who was now standing beside Jaehwan. “Is that why you didn’t want to come with me earlier?” Minhyun nodded with a smile, giving Chungha a thumbs up.

“I heard what happened from Niel. Are you okay?” Chungha asked, a concerned expression slowly replaced the smile on her face.

Jinri nodded. “Don’t worry about me, we still have a lot to talk about tonight.”

Chungha nodded before looking at Dongho. “Wow, new fac— wait, aren’t you Ong Seongwu’s friend?”

Dongho looked amused at how Chungha identified her, but he nodded nonetheless. “Yes, I’m Ong Seongwu’s friend. I’m Kang Dongho, and it’s nice to meet you.” Dongho offered his hand for a handshake, Chungha shaking his hand with a confused expression.

She glanced at Jinri, mouthing the words ‘spill spill spill’ before turning to look at Daniel. “And you, are you here to stay? New part of the group? Finally a successful match by Kim Chungha?”

“You talk like you’re drunk already, Chungha.” Jaehwan said with a slight chuckle.

Daniel just shrugged, smiling before he took a sip of his beer.

A few minutes later, Sewoon came running towards where they were and told Jaehwan that they’re up in a few minutes. Dongho also left a few minutes after that, off to find Jonghyun since Jinri’s got company already.

The four went towards the stage, standing beside a lot of people getting ready to sing along with the band. Daniel came along with them, saying that most of his friends went home already or were too busy playing inside. He wanted to watch Jaehwan and the band play, since he only heard Jaehwan hum a few songs during their swimming class.

It turns out that Chungha is back for good, and Minhyun was the one busy filing her documents for late enrollment. Minhyun had to lie to Jinri so he could sneak Chungha in without her noticing; he really didn’t need to go with his org-mates, he just needed an excuse to put his action in plan. He did need to cover the event for the newspaper though.

Jaehwan and the band went up the stage, earning applause from the audience. He stood in front of the mic, adjusting it to his height as the others checked whether their instruments worked.

The band started with the song Cross My Mind by Twin Forks, Jaehwan replacing the whistles with his adlibs. The song was able to hype up the audience, including Minhyun, Daniel, Jinri and Chungha who sang along with Jaehwan. Halfway the song, Minhyun excused himself and told that he’s going to move closer to the stage to get good shots of the performance. During the bridge, Seongwu had a drum solo, followed by Ren and then Sewoon before Jaehwan urged the audience to clap along as he sang the last chorus. The crowd was clapping and singing along to the band, truly enjoying the whole performance.

The next song was You and I by Lady Gaga, a song which allowed Ren and Sewoon to showcase their skills together with Jaehwan’s killer vocals. The crowd was extremely hyped up, singing along to the song even though they didn’t know most of the lyrics.

The band prepared a total of three songs for this event, mostly suggestions from Jaehwan and Sewoon. That was how they ended up singing Jaehwan’s favorite song, Skyfall by Adele. Jaehwan’s version was totally different from the original, especially with Sewoon’s guitar solo accompanying his voice during the first verse.

Jinri smiled, listening to Jaehwan sing his favorite song with all his heart. Finally, Jaehwan was doing the thing he loved, and even though he’s tired from training, he looked like he was having fun.

“Did you see that girl?” Minhyun said, chuckling softly. “She was screaming I love you at Jaehwan!”

“Our friend is famous, OMG. We need to line up.” Chungha then screamed Jaehwan’s name, earning a wink from the boy. “Oh my gosh, he winked at me!” Chungha laughed softly, continuously hyping up Jaehwan as he sang a ballad. The girl didn’t need alcohol to be hyped, she hypes everything up on her own.

Daniel laughed, watching Chungha jump and scream Jaehwan’s name every now and then. “Jaehwan looks so different on stage!” he told Jinri.

“Yeah, he gets all charismatic like that whenever he holds the microphone and his guitar.” Jinri said with a smile, her eyes on the stage.

“Did you know that..” Daniel stopped halfway, looking at Jinri with a playful smile. She looked at him, raising an eyebrow as she waited for the other half of the sentence. “..your eyes twinkle whenever you talk to Seongwu?”

“No, they don’t.” Jinri scrunched her nose, shaking her head slightly. But it did make her wonder whether her eyes really did twinkle whenever she talks to Seongwu or Daniel’s just making fun of her.

Daniel nodded. “It’s true. Your usual resting face looks all smiley even without an actual smile. And piecing all the information I accidentally got from tonight, I’m sorry though, it wasn’t intentional.” Upon hearing the word sorry, Jinri glared at Daniel, mouthing the words ‘don’t even start’ because it felt like another round of apologies is about to come her way. “I have concluded that you like Seongwu.”

Jinri blinked, a little underwhelmed at what Daniel said. “There’s no use in denying though, after everything you’ve witnessed tonight.”

“And Ong hyung knows. It’s obvious that he’s aware of it.” Daniel said in a matter-of-factly tone before taking a sip of his beer.

“No secrets are safe when you’re friends with these people, Daniel.” Jinri let out a soft chuckle, gesturing at Chungha then at Jaehwan.

The crowd clapped and screamed as soon as the song ended, Chungha leading the cheers of encore.

“Wow,” Jaehwan looked a little surprised at how loud the screams of encore were. They all looked happy to receive such response from the audience, especially since it’s their first time performing for a school event. “An encore?” He turned to look at the guys, checking whether they were okay with it.

Sewoon started strumming his electric guitar as soon as Jaehwan faced the audience once again. “Okay, this would really be our last song for the night. I hope you all had a good time. Thank you!”

The band’s last song was Zayn’s Pillowtalk, a song they never imagined Jaehwan would sing. It gave off a y aura, something that Jinri and Chungha wasn’t used to seeing from Jaehwan. It was fun though, since they were able to witness a few scenes they can use to tease Jaehwan in the future.

While the band was playing the last song, Dongho suddenly joined them, since the spot where Jinri, Chungha and Daniel were was a good one. He came with Jonghyun and a sunbae named Aron, who graduated last year and went back for the event, to watch the next set of poets perform their pieces.

After Jaehwan and the guys went down the stage, the MC took over and introduced the next spoken word artist, and it was no other than Kim Sanggyun.

An awkward atmosphere was slowly starting to build around the group due to prior events. Jinri tried to keep a straight face as she focused on the stage, but her façade was shattered when Sanggyun met her gaze. He was fixing the microphone when he saw Jinri.

Kim Sanggyun looked at her with a slight smile; the same warm smile she used to love. He was still the same— the soft gaze and the warm smile. It all came back to her as if it happened yesterday. She was frozen in place, and she doesn’t know whether to look away or not.

“Good evening everyone,” Sanggyun’s voice echoed from the speakers. “I’m Kim Sanggyun, and I’m a senior Lit major who’s about to blow your minds. Before I start, I’d like to congratulate the sophomores and the junior Lit majors for an extremely lit event, as well as the Art majors who gave all of us a feast for the eyes. Good job kids!” He led the round of applause for the junior Lit and Art majors, the ones in charge of the whole event. “Okay okay okay okay,” Sanggyun said, smiling as he glanced at his phone before looking at the audience once again. “Let’s start. The first one is called ‘Sanggyun: a concept and a genre’.” The crowd laughed after hearing the title. Sanggyun laughed softly, shrugging nonchalantly before starting his first piece.

The crowd was amused at how Sanggyun was able to make it sound as if he wasn’t bragging. He had a witty choice of words, and it was enough to hype the crowd for his next pieces which were different from this one. The crowd clapped after he finished his first piece, giving Sanggyun time to breathe and prepare for his next piece.

“Okay, next up is ‘Open Up’.” He started his piece with a rhythmic rap about opening doors with different keys and how it fascinated him. His piece was about a comparison of people to doors. “People are like doors..” At first it seemed weird, but it slowly made sense as Sanggyun went on with it.

Jinri felt a sudden wave of nostalgia hit her. The day she found Sanggyun’s journal suddenly came to her mind. Sanggyun has this journal where he writes most of his raps and his poems, and he doesn’t let anyone read it nor touch it— Jinri was an exception though. Open Up was the first poem she read, since the small doodle of doors and people caught her eyes. She remembered how she used to tease Sanggyun about his weird analysis, but when she got to the end of the poem, it did make sense.

A tap on the shoulder pulled Jinri out of her train of thoughts. Jaehwan gave her a knowing look, and she just gave him a nod, assuring him that she’s totally okay. She wasn’t lying though.

“No matter how many ‘open the door, please’s, if you’re not the key, you’re not the key.” Sanggyun let out a soft sigh, making the audience say ‘awwwwww’, before smiling. “Time to look for my door.”

Jaehwan was followed by the rest of the band, Seongwu specifically making his way towards Dongho and his other friends. It wasn’t intentional, but he ended up standing right beside Jinri.

Chungha looked at Seongwu then at Jinri. She then gave the girl a look, and Jinri just shook her head while mouthing the words ‘let’s talk later’.

Jinri glanced at Seongwu, and coincidentally, the boy looked at her as well. It was awkward, and all that the two were able to do was let out awkward chuckles before looking at the stage once again.

“For the last piece, I need to ask you guys a favor. Whenever I say the phrase ‘This won’t do’, I want you guys to say ‘You’re a coward’. I want you guys to scream at me, okay? Get mad, or whatever. Let’s give it a try. One.. two.. three, this won’t do.”

And the crowd screamed: “You’re a coward!”

Sanggyun smiled, pleased with the crowd’s response. “Alright, let’s get this started.” He looked down, as if he was trying to channel all his energy. He cleared his throat and looked at up, and at that moment, he looked at her, the same kind of look she saw the day they broke up.

“Six months of spring was all that it took
For me to be left in this endless cycle of winter.”

Sanggyun let out a sigh, his lower lips before he went on. Jinri knows what this poem is all about. It’s the last track from the mixtape Sanggyun gave her before.

“People keep on telling me that I must be crazy
For spring only lasts three months
And that winter doesn’t come until December.
Ah, my mind’s a mess. This won’t do.”

“Let me ask you all, what is one of the first lessons our moms teach us?” Sanggyun encouraged the audience to answer his question. The crowd gave a variety of answers: ‘don’t talk when your mouth is full!’, ‘respect the elderly!’, ‘don’t be noisy in public places!’; but Sanggyun was looking for one specific answer.

Don’t talk to strangers, Jinri thought to herself. That was the answer Sanggyun needed.

“Yes, that was the answer I was looking for. Don’t talk to strangers! Thank you, random person, for letting me go on with the rest of the piece.” Sanggyun said with a slight chuckle, bowing slightly at the person who gave him the right answer.

“I believe that every mother in the world 
has repeated this over and over again 
to her dear, dear child. 
‘don’t ever talk to a stranger’. 
But to me, you were no stranger. 
When I saw you on that cold, January morning 
only one thing crossed my mind: “ah, I’m home.”

“I don’t usually write about love, but if it’s you 
then writing a thousand poems would be nothing. 
I believe the words in the dictionary aren’t enough 
to describe how pretty you are whenever you 
look at me with those eyes, those breathtaking eyes 
which used to all the soul out of me; 
drown me in a pool I never thought I’d cross. 
Just one look, and I know I’m out. 
Ah, my mind’s a mess. This won’t do.”

“With you, it’s like I’m walking on the flower path; 
A beautiful, spring day with nothing but you, 
just you. Even if it’s in January, or February 
or even in December, I can say that 
spring has finally come.”

“Six months of spring was all that it took 
For me to be left in this endless cycle of winter. 
All good things come to an end, they say. 
And I wasn’t aware that spring would end so quickly, 
so drastically; taking out all the colors from the 
painting I was trying to make with you. 
You were the colors to my black and white palette, 
the puzzle piece I know I needed. 
But no matter how much you shower a person 
with all the love they could ever ask for, 
if you’re not the one, then you’re not the one. 
Ah, I feel like I’m going crazy. This won’t do.”

Unlike before, the response of the crowd wasn’t as loud. Sanggyun let out a soft chuckle, running his fingers through his hair.

In her head, Jinri was reciting the same words Sanggyun says. She remembers all the words, the exact same way Sanggyun said it.

“You were my muse. My home.
This won’t do; I’m not a coward.
But at some point, I realized that probably,
my hand isn’t enough to keep yours warm;
that even though to me it felt like spring,
you’re still in the same, cold spot waiting for
your spring to come.
How far do I have to go to get to you?”

It was the end of the piece. The crowd clapped; Jinri’s group of friends clapping awkwardly, not knowing exactly how to react. Minhyun, who was supposed to take pictures, stopped and looked at Jinri to check how she is at the moment. Jaehwan looked at her, worried that Jinri might break down once again, just like she did six months ago, but there was nothing. She looked blank as she stared at Sanggyun.

Jinri didn’t know how to feel. Her mind’s a mess. This won’t do.

Just when everyone thought it was the end, Sanggyun cleared his throat. The boy looked at her and gave her a smile— the same smile she saw that exact same day.

“Exactly one year ago, I told you I love you. 
And right now, I want to tell you that finally, 
I’m able to let you go. I hope so. 
Looking at you right now, I can say that finally, 
you’re home.”