Unexpected Day

Fateful Destiny

Seung Ho furrowed his eyebrows as he gently pour the saline solution over So Hyun's cuts on her legs. "You should be careful," he clean the cut with gauze pads before placing bandaids over it. "It seems like the longer I see you, the more cuts you have." He glanced up to see So Hyun not listening to him at all. In fact, she has been staring off blankly for the last 30 minutes. "So Hyun...."

Blinking her eyes back to reality, she slightly turned her head to look at him. "Hm?"

"Everything will be okay." Seung Ho promised. "People with bad intentions will meet their day."

"Chun Soo left me..." So Hyun said emotionlessly.

"What?" 

She held onto her hands tightly as she blinked. "My manager left me." So Hyun can't understand why he would do such a thing. Chun Soo has been with her since the very beginning of her career. He has been with her even when she was a kid, who was just falling in love with the drama sets. Why would he leave her? She knew that he was also suffering by CEO Kim's grasp. His pay was always low and his regulations as manager were always tough. How could he leave her and back into that horrendous company? "He was the only one I counted on for everything. Not even my mom knew half of the tiresome work I did because he helped me hide it."

Seung Ho watched as her hands became visibly shaky. Placing his hand over her hands so she could calm down, he sighed. "Sometimes the least person you expect does the greater harm."

"Thank you for what you did tonight," So Hyun softly said. "I'm sorry if it's going to affect you later on."

"Affect me? Don't be silly." Seung Ho responded. "Come on, let's go grab some food before I take you home." He helped So Hyun help and let her walk on her own toward his car. As soon as he was walking around to the driver's side, he felt his phone vibrating. Taking his phone out of his pockets, he has 30 missed calls from CEO Lee already. Denying the call, Seung Ho got into his car and started the engine. "What do you want to eat?"

"It's alright, you can just take me home."

"So Hyun..."

Seeing that he really wants to see her eat instead of letting her starve for the rest of the night, she sighed. "Halmoni?"

He chuckled as he nodded his head. "As expected."

. . . 

"Thank you." Seung Ho said once halmoni placed an order of rice cakes and fish cakes onto their table. Placing the rice cakes closer to So Hyun, he handed her a set of chopstick. "You should eat."

So Hyun held onto the chopsticks as she blankly stares at the food on the table. She has thought of numerous reasons why her career has suddenly plummeted in two days. Being controlled and used as a puppet since the beginning of her career was already harsh enough. Now, to have the career that she has worked so hard on be taken as a whole theory of her being fake - it truly hurts. "Oppa..." She placed the chopsticks down and glanced up at Seung Ho. "What do I do from now on?"

Seung Ho sighed. "Do what you always do, be yourself."

"Isn't that why I'm stuck in this sort of situation right now?" So Hyun frustratedly asked. "Being myself is only leading me to being excused of being fake."

"Where's the problem?" Seung Ho questioned back. "Rather than worrying about what people think, don't you think you should worry more on yourself?" 

"What do you mean?"

He poured her a cup of soda and sighed. "A fair amount of people know that you're not what the tabloids says. People who completely understand and love you for who you are will stand by your side. Those are the people that matter. Rather than worrying what the next Entertainment News says, worry about how you are going to film for the next scene. Those who aren't by your side or those who slander you for a hobby will soon learn that it's their own fault for believing lies that spewed out of CEO Kim's mouth." He placed the cup of soda in front of her and shrugged his shoulders. "I know you won't be able to become strong overnight. I know it'll be hard to try and stand up for yourself when people attack you. Rather than forcing yourself to feel obligated to explain yourself, leave it be. In order for you to be physically strong, you have to be mentally strong first."

"Mentality strong first..." So Hyun repeated softly. "Is that how you survive this kind of industry?"

"Of course," Seung Ho answered. "If my mind or heart is weak, I don't think I would be able to handle anything. To have those two strong first, it gives me the capability to continue on what I am doing. The pressure aspect of our kind of career isn't a joke. Certain factors stand out as too brutal and harsh but what can we do? Take the food stall incident for an explain, So Hyun. Despite people complimenting and praising me for that day, I don't bother on explaining what actually happened. Why? Because those who only understand, like you, would know that I actually wanted to just eat quietly by myself. The news and media are throwing it into some sort of praiseworthy party for me and that's their own fault. Likewise with your situation. Instead of trying to find out the truth, they're eating the lies and even feeding more into it. When they know that they're wrong and inhumane, they will realize how utterly stupid they are."

"10 years." So Hyun blinked her tears away as she stuffed spicy rice cakes in . "Chun Soo was my manager since the beginning of my career. He knows me best aside from my mom and brother. I just can't understand why he would leave me."

"Sometimes the closer the people are to you, the more hurt you feel when something happens." Seung Ho said quietly. His eyes looked down at his pockets, his phone has been vibrating for the last 20 minutes continuously. There's no doubt in his mind that it's either his CEO or his manager, Min Soo right now. "Come on, let's eat."

So Hyun nodded her head softly as she wiped the last remaining tears on her face. "Halmoni..." she turned to ask for some yellow pickled radish. "Halmoni..." She's definitely not listening to her on purpose. "Oppa..."

Seung Ho chuckled and cleared his throat. "Halmoni..."

She turned around with a bright smile. "Yes, handsome."

Seung Ho and So Hyun looked at each other and bursted out laughing due to halmoni's favoritism personality. As old as she may be, she clearly still has good eyes to know that Seung Ho is obviously handsome. Making her way over to their table, she placed her wrinkled, fragile hands on top of Seung Ho's. "What do you need?"

Seung Ho smiled softly. "Pickled radishes."

Feeling a little bit better than before, So Hyun manages to brighten her face with a smile towards her. "Beautiful Halmoni, do you think I can have some more fish cake soup?" 

"Aigoo," halmoni patted So Hyun's head gently. "You should've called me beautiful earlier, I would've clearly heard you." Which caused all three of them to laugh out loud altogether. 

. . . 

Seung Ho halted his steps on his front porch when he noticed CEO Lee standing there with his arms crosse. Checking the time on his watch, he sighed. CEO Lee must have a lot of patience to be standing out and wait for him like this close to 2 in the morning. "I know what you're about to say."

CEO Lee narrowed his eyes at Seung Ho. "What the heck is wrong with you? Haven't you heard of 'don't play with fire'?!" He watched as Seung Ho entered his lock passcode to his house. Within seconds, CEO Lee barged into the house and sat down. "She's not exactly the most liked person in the world right now."

"She's a junior and a costar for the drama that you forced me to work on," Seung Ho poured himself a glass of water. "And what about it?"

"You're so lucky that I controlled the media before they released any bad press on you! But I can't control what the netizens think!" CEO Lee exclaimed in frustration.

He arched an eyebrow as he sips his water. "What are the netizens saying?"

"Prince saves the hopeless liar," CEO Lee shared. "Kind Hearted Yoo Seung Ho is tricked by her lies." He rolled his eyes as he brushed his hand through his hair. "Seung Ho-ah, we should drop from the drama."

Seung Ho could only manage to let out a small chuckle. "Drop the drama? While I'm the lead?" He placed the cup on the kitchen counter and sat down across from him in the living room. "CEO-nim, let's say that I do drop out of the drama that has been receiving massive attention since the beginning of it's production. What do you think the netizens are going to think? Not only will I get bad press but you also would." Seung Ho shrugged his shoulders as he took out his phone. "But if that's what you want, I guess I'll have to comply and call Director Song to apologize - "

"Wait! Wait!" CEO Lee grabbed his phone and chuckled loudly. "When have you ever listened to me so well? Let's not be crazy."

Seung Ho took his phone back and sighed. "Are you on get to know basis with CEO Kim? Do you know him well?"

CEO Lee shook his head. "Everybody who are in the entertainment companies as CEOs knows to stray away from someone like him. He's much rather manipulative and controlling than most people."

"More than you?" Seung Ho questioned. 

CEO Lee lets out a laugh as if he was joking. "You make me sound so bad."

Seung Ho smirked. "At least you're not like CEO Kim, I wouldn't know what to do if you are like him." Picking up one of his cats, he looked at him. "If you already know so much about CEO Kim, you obviously know that everything he said during the press conference are complete lies then."

"Of course," CEO Lee said. "In fact, a good number of CEOs knows that Kim So Hyun isn't a bad person. She's not our National Little Sister for no reason," he paused. "Well, I don't think she can be called as that anymore."

"What about the media? The Entertainment News channels? The reporters?" Seung Ho questioned. "Do they also know the truth?"

"Are you kidding me? They're as clueless as the netizens. They rather eat up those lies for entertainment purposes to help toward ratings than find out the truth." CEO Lee stood up from the couch and looked sternly at Seung Ho. "I may believe So Hyun but that doesn't mean I approve of you always trying to help her. You'll end up under bad light if it continues. Aside from filming, try to stay away from her. She's the target of everybody's slanders and curse words these days. You wouldn't want that, do you?"

Seung Ho placed his cat down and stood up. "It doesn't matter to me how the public thinks of me," he walked over to the door to open it. "You knew that about me when you signed me years ago."

"Ya! Yoo Seung Ho, could you at least listen to me for once?" 

Lightly pushing CEO Lee out of his house, Seung Ho bid a formal bow before he shut the door in front of his face. As soon as he was alone, Seung Ho collapsed onto the couch and sighed. 

. . . 

So Hyun scrolled through the pictures that the paparazzi has officially released onto the main sites. The captions and comments are truly horrendous. Forcing herself to shut the laptop, she groaned and laid down on her bed. It just amazes her how much lies people are willing to take. Her eyes glanced over to the picture frame of her and her close friends - Ji Woo, Yoo Jung and Sae Ron. She has been ignoring their text since the big conference. Feeling guilty, she took out her phone and quietly sent a text message to them in a group chat. 

[3:05AM] SH - I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm ok. 

[3:06AM] YJ: YA! Kim So Hyun! You had me worried sick! Next time reply faster! 

[3:06AM] JW: Are you ok? I just saw the pictures from tonight. Are you badly hurt?

[3:07AM] SR: Unnie, this will pass. Don't worry about it too much.

[3:07AM] YJ: You have us!

[3:08AM] SH: I'm ok. Tired and my legs has a few cuts. Thank you for believing me.

[3:09AM] YJ: Of course! 

[3:09AM] JW: Forever...

[3:09AM] SR: And always!

So Hyun softly smiled as she read their messages. Exiting out of the group chat, she sighed out loud and nodded her head. Seung Ho oppa is right, she thought. If she worries more about what people think, the worse she will feel about herself. In order for people to know and believe the truth on their own, she just has to continue on being herself. Making herself comfortable on her bed, she was just about to close her eyes to sleep when she realized that there is one person she should at least text. 

. . . 

Seung Ho took a deep breath as he dry his hair with a towel in his hand. Walking out of the bathroom and straight into his bedroom, he threw the towel into the laundry basket. Picking up two of his cats, he softly kisses them on their heads before laying on his bed. Pulling the blanket over him, his eyes adverted to his phone vibrating, alerting him of a incoming text message. 

[3:15AM] Thank you for everything tonight. Thank you for being there when I was scared. Next time, spicy rice cakes is on me. Goodnight. 

He softly smiled at the message. It's the first text message that's between them. It's an odd feeling to be communicating with a costar when it's not work or late night dinner related. Pondering on what he should reply, he turned to one of his cats who was busy nosy and touching his phone. "Chungji, what should I say?" As typical, his cat just jumps off the bed. Not knowing how to exactly reply, he could only send a message that could only work. 

[3:17AM] I look forward to my spicy rice cakes then. Have a good night, So Hyun. 

. . . 

"Running Man?!" All four of the main leads said altogether after meeting up with Director Song. Originally, today is their first official break day from filming. Most of them had other schedules to attend to or free time to use up. Out of nowhere, they were called in by the director to meet up at a cafe early in the morning. "All four us to guest on running man together?"

"Yes." Director Song confirmed. "If you film it today and tomorrow, it'll broadcast in time for Sunday next week, the same week as our broadcast premiere. It's good publicity."

Seung Ho doesn't do variety shows. It's not because he doesn't like watching them because that's what he does if he ever manages to have time but to be a guest on one, it's almost too nerve racking for him. He has the tendencies to  not speak around strangers. And meeting the stars of Running Man for the first time, the thought is just too much for him. "I don't know, Director Song. I'm not a very big or right guest to be on a variety show. I wouldn't know what to do."

"I knew you would say that," Director Song replied. "But it's not like you're going alone. All four of you are going to film the show together. You've gotten closer, right?" They all looked at each other. It's true that they've gotten closer than their first official day of meeting at the script reading. But they're still not considerably close per say. L and So Hee are a whole another level in their own terms of closeness. While both So Hyun and Seung Ho tend to take time to get close with people and they're not that close with each other right now. "Aigoo, this can help our drama. Please do this for me."

"How long is the filming?" So Hyun spoke up for the first time since they met up. 

"Two days," Director Song answered. "Running Man production has notified me that they would like it to be a big special for their program. So, you'll be doing missions with Running Man for two days. Spending a night together and have wake up missions as such."

Seung Ho's eyes widened, he has definitely never done anything like that before. "I mean, if it's for the drama, I don't mind. As long as I'm with them, maybe we can become closer after two days."

L smiled brightly. "I'll do it! I've been a guest on there for a few times! I can help Seung Ho and So Hyun become more comfortable if they get awkward."

How weird is that even L understands and knows their tendencies to become awkward in new situations? So Hyun sipped her water as she cleared . "I don't think I should go."

Everybody looked at her. "Why?!"

"I'm not exactly under good press right now. I feel like if I guest on a show like Running Man, it'll cause more harm to the drama, the cast, and even the members of Running Man." 

Director Song sighed. "So Hyun-ah, I've told you. It's the last thing I am worried about." Since what happened last night to her, it became big news all night and even this morning. Phone calls has been coming in, paparazzi has gotten to the point of invading her home to get pictures. While So Hyun is being lamented as the best liar in the world for being "fake". Seung Ho is being called the Prince Charming who has the wrong princess. Comments related to the pictures being related has been giving sympathy to him rather than her. Which is the most ridiculous thing to see for Director Song. Knowing how So Hyun as an actress but also as a young woman, who is still growing, it hurts to see her confidence falter so much. "Listen to me, don't worry about those comments or headlines. We don't care and if we don't, you shouldn't either."

So Hee nodded her head. "We're here for you. We'll be here for you throughout the drama but also for Running Man."

Seung Ho looked at her. "Remember? Mentally strong first."

As her eyes gazed toward them for a few seconds, it was Seung Ho's reassuring smile that calmed her nerves down. So Hyun nodded her head. "Okay, I'll do it." She looked at the director. "But what about the drama filming? Shouldn't we start filming for the next episode tomorrow?"

"We have time." Director Song sighed out of relief. "Alright, go inform your managers and have them drop you off at this address." He placed a piece of paper onto the table. "The members doesn't know that you're coming so they'll also be surprised as well." 

So Hyun watched quietly as L, So Hee and Seung Ho quickly got up and walked over to their managers. Awkwardly sitting at the table alone, she turned her attention toward the windows. Managers are the ones in charge to be informed or tell companies of schedules, taking their artists to certain places and even as a support. For her, to not have a manager is probably the hardest for her right now. She has always been with Chun Soo, to spend a day working without him around is weird. 

Seung Ho gave his wallet and car keys to Min Soo for keepsake. "Are you going to be with me the whole time? For Running Man?" If they're going to spend a night with the members and do wake up missions, he can only assume managers get to stay. He's so new to this kind of field, he doesn't even know what to think. 

"I'll have to ask CEO Lee about that," Min Soo answered. His eyes glanced over to So Hyun. "What is she going to do? How is she going to get to the arrival site for the variety show?"

He glanced at So Hyun. "Ah, she doesn't have a manager anymore. I forgot about that." Seung Ho watched as L and So Hee prepare to leave the cafe with their managers behind them. "Hyung, let's drive her with us."

Min Soo's eyes widened. "What? Seung Ho, that's not a good - "

"So Hyun!" Seung Ho motioned her to walk over as he quickly put on a jacket. "Come on, you're going to be in the same car as me to get to filming."

. . . 

Yoo Jae Suk, the nation's #1 MC and most loved celebrity, joked around on set as he arrived. Waving his hands toward the crew as he walked at the center of the set. "Oh! Today's set is really grand. Is someone big coming?" His eyes narrowed at the PD, who is avoiding his gaze. "Ji Hyo!!!" He called out as soon as he saw her rush over to set. "How was your weekend?"

"Tiring," Ji Hyo smiled as she looked around at the flowers and red carpet around. "Wow, someone big coming?"

"See! That's what I asked!" Jae Suk chuckled.

One by one, the cast members arrived on set. As soon as the PD motioned that filming starts in five seconds, he let the members freely talk for the opening segment like they usually do. After 5-10 minute has passed, PD finally spoke up. "Today, four special guests will be joining us for two days."

"OH! Four?!" 

"Girl group?!" Lee Kwang Soo screamed in excitement. 

Haha screamed along. "We haven't had a girl group in a while!"

So Min, one for the newest members of RM, whispered over to Ji Hyo. "Are they always like this?"

Ji Hyo laughed. "Yeah."

"The first guest is arriving." PD announced. 

The members watched as a black van arrived st the end of the red carpet. As music plays in the background, they watched with eagar as the door opens. Kwang Soo immediately reacted shyly as soon as he saw So Hee come out of the van. "OH! Yoon So Hee-ssi! We haven't seen her since 2015 when she was paired up with Kwang Soo!" Kim Jong Kook screamed as he clapped his hands. 

"How are you, So Hee?" Jae Suk asked as she stood near him. 

"Ah, I'm doing good." So Hee shyly said as she covered while laughing. "It's been a while."

PD watched as the members interacted with So Hee for a few minutes. His eyes adverted over to another black van arriving. "Next guest is arriving!" 

Jae Suk advised the members to clap their hands as the black van reaches the end of the red carpet. "Who is it?!" 

Haha burst out in laughter as he hurried over to welcome L with open arms. As they've partnered a couple times on the show before, Haha is in very good terms with him. "It's Myung Soo!!"

"Ahhhh! INFINITE!!!" Suk Jin exclaimed as he welcomed L with a hug.

Jae Suk looked between So Hee and L with a nervous expression. "Hold on," he lets out a brief laugh as he run a hand through his hair. "There's four guests, right? If So Hee and L are here then does that mean...."

Jong Kook gasped, his mind immediately clicking with Jae Suk. The realization of the most anticipated drama this year and these two being the second leads. "OH! Yoo Seung Ho?!"

Haha's eyes widened. "Really?! He's going to be here?! With us?!" It's not a secret that Seung Ho is one of the rare celebrities that makes variety show appearances. And just in time, the last black van shows up. "Is it really him?!"

L and So Hee watched as the van door slide open and slowly, Seung Ho stepped out -  formally bowing a couple of times as he moves aside for So Hyun to step out. L and So Hee carefully watched the reactions of the members, who seems thrilled to be seeing Seung Ho and So Hyun. 

She halted her steps, not moving an inch as she carefully observes the Running Man members and production crew eyes on her. As she was about to clench onto her shaking hand, she looks down to see Seung Ho offering his hand as support. Feeling relieved, she took his hand and the both of them carefully made their way toward the members on the red carpet. 

"Omo! It's really Yoo Seung Ho!" Song Ji Hyo laughed as he came closer to them. "I'm a fan!" She reached out for a handshake and smiled at So Hyun. Having to met So Hyun before since she guest starred on the show last Christmas, Ji Hyo pulled So Hyun into an embrace as the others greet Seung Ho. "How are you? You've gotten prettier, So Hyun."

Thankful for her kind gesture, So Hyun briefly smiled. "I'm good, thank you."

"Seung Ho-ssi!" Jae Suk shook hands with him in complete awe. "I would never expect you to be on this show!"

Seung Ho awkwardly laughs as he finishes greeting everybody. "I'm a little surprised myself honestly."

Jong Kook chuckled. "He's handsome! You've become so handsome! When you were on The Way Home - "

"YA! Don't make yourself sound so old!" Jae Suk playfully shove Jong Kook. 

Shocked by the shove, Seung Ho watched as the two older men argue over their age. He has to remind himself that this is a variety show and not real life. He knows that celebrities have to act a certain away, their variety persona for the viewers. He looked over at L and So Hee, who is comfortably expressing loudly and clapping their hands watching the argument unfold louder. It still amazes him how openly expressive and lively they are. He looks over at So Hyun, who is standing by him with a blank expression. 

Haha and Se Chan laughed. "Why do you three look so awkward around Seung Ho?"

Jae Suk and Jong Kook stopped arguing. "Who?"

"Ji Hyo, So Min and Kwang Soo." Haha explained. "They're not talking or looking at him at all!"

"Why?" Seung Ho's eyes widened. Did he do something without realizing?

So Min shook her head as she shyly laughed. "It's not that, he's our....sunbae."

"What?!" Jae Suk looked at s. "When did you guys debut?"

Ji Hyo looked at him. "2003."

So Min and Kwang soo both answered at he same time. "2008."

All eyes on Seung Ho as Jong Kook turned and looked at him. "Didn't The Way Home come out in 2002?"

Seung Ho nodded his head. "Yes."

"Wow!!!" Se Chan laughed. "He's one of the younger members but he's their sunbae!"

Immediately waving his hands so they would stop using the term sunbae. "They're still older than me." Seung Ho looked at the older actors. "Please speak to me comfortably."

Jae Suk looked at So Hyun. "Wow! So Hyun, you've gotten much more beautiful!"

"Ah, thank you." So Hyun said. 

"When did you debut?" 

So Hyun thought of the year for a second. "2007."

"Aigoo! So you're technically Kwang Soo and So Min's sunbae too!" 

"Omo, please don't call me that." So Hyun quickly responded. She especially doesn't feel comfortably when an older person calls her sunbae. So Hyun watched as they laughed over what they said. Right now, everybody is in their variety persona mood. Talking to her comfortably like this must just be for the cameras that are currently rolling. There is no way they wouldn't know what's been going on.

"We have the four beautiful main leads for the most anticipated drama of the year with us! Let's have fun today!!!" Jae Suk screamed excitedly. 

The PD raised his hand to indicate for the cameras to slowly stop rolling. "And cut!"

So Hyun watched as the members clap their hands. Surprisedly, everybody was still standing around chatting with the exception of her and Seung Ho. It's really ironic how they're so awkward around new people. She looked up to where sound of her name being called to see Jae Suk walking over. "Are you okay? How have you been?" She knew it. They would eventually ask so. 

"I'm okay, thank you. It'll get better." So Hyun said softly. 

Jae Suk patted her shoulders and sighed. "It's hard right now but it'll be over soon. Those who believe you like us, it's better to have surround you than anything. Don't stress yourself out today. Be and feel free to be yourself, don't worry about anything. Let's have fun today, okay?"

So Hyun glanced at him and toward the members. "They also believe me?"

"Of course! We're not ones who follow news like that. It's obvious that CEO Kim is lying." Ji Hyo walked over and smiled. "Come on, let's go change into our team uniform and have fun."

A small smile spread across her face as she nodded her head. "Okay." She followed Ji Hyo, So Min and So Hee to the bathroom. 

Seung Ho showed a smile of relief as soon as he saw the smile on So Hyun's face. He's also glad that the Running Man members aren't the type to believe so gullibly like the others. He watched as the men comes over to help him become comfortable, making small talk as they walk toward the men's bathroom to change into their team uniforms."

. . . 

Walking out of the bathroom as he finishes changing first, Seung Ho awkwardly stood around as he faces the production crew. Surprised when someone started running towards him, his eyes widened on not knowing what to do. "Don't be scared," the crew member chuckled. "I'm just going to put the mic on you." 

"Oh," Seung Ho said. "Sorry. I get alarmed easily in new surroundings." His eyes glanced over to the sound of chatter where the Running Man members and L were comfortably laughing and talking to each other. L has said that he's been on the show numerous of times before, so it's no wonder that it's so easy for him to speak with them. 

"Seung Ho, I heard you're close with So Ji Sub." Jae Suk said as he walked over. "You two look alike so much."

Seung Ho smiled. "I hear that a lot." 

"Don't be nervous. It'll get crazy and loud for a few times and possibly competitive. It's how variety works. I hope you can become comfortable with us throughout the filming."

"I will try my best." Seung Ho promised. Feeling as if he should express something, he looked over at Jae Suk. "I'm a huge fan."

Jae Suk's eyes widened with joy. "You guys hear that! Yoo Seung Ho is a fan of mine!" He boasted around to the men as if it's the biggest deal ever. 

"How are the teams going to be separated?" L asked curiously. He thought that they would change into two different team colors but as he watches the ladies come out one by one. He noticed that everybody's wearing the same color. 

PD held up his hand to notify the members and guests that filming has officially now started. As soon as the cameras were lit, he started speaking. "We are going to seperate into two different teams. As L and Seung Ho are the male leads for their drama, they will be the leaders for their own teams."

"Leader?" Seung Ho repeated. "I don't have the confidence to do that..."

L looked at Seung Ho, giving him a thumb ups. "You lead us very well while we film so don't worry! But I won't go easy on you today!" 

The Running Man members laughed as they clapped their hands. Jong Kook looked at the PD. "So, are they going to pick their own partners?" 

"Whoever is older, picks first." PD answered. 

Kwang Soo looked between the two young men. "Aren't you both the same age?"

L shook his head. "I'm a year older."

Suk Jin sighed. "Why do I feel like I'll be last picked..."

Jae Suk chuckled. "I feel that way about you too," which brought laughter to the whole set. "Okay, Myung Soo! Go ahead and make your first choice!"

L glanced around. "Jong Kook Hyung!" He smirked as he jumped excitedly to high five with him. Having the commander in his team is going to be a huge advantage. 

"I pick....." Seung Ho feels as if he should choose one of the Running Man members first. Considering how it's their show but as he glances around, his eyes only pauses at So Hyun. "So Hyun.." Her eyes widened in surprise as she made her way over to him. 

"That's right, the main leads should be together in a team." Suk Jin clapped his hands.

"Then, I pick So Hee next." L laughed when she immediately rushed over to his side. "It's first leads versus second leads, isn't it?" 

Seung Ho glanced at So Hyun, asking who he should pick next. She simply shook her head as it's his choice. "Uhhh, Jae Suk Hyung."

"The Yoo's are together!!!" Jae Suk excitedly screamed as he high fived both of them. 

One by one, the members were called into their teams. After 15 minutes of picking and talking among themselves, the PD indicated for them to start moving along to the next destination. Seung Ho looked at his team, he has a really good stable team - So Hyun, Yoo Jae Suk, Song Ji Hyo, Haha, and Suk Jin. While L has Kim Jong Kook, So Hee, Lee Kwang Soo, Jeon So Min and Yang Se Chan. As the cameras surround them as they walk toward their car, Seung Ho watched in amazement at how fast paced the production crew is. He has never seen so many cameras surrounding him like this. In dramas and movies, it usually just one camera. Here, he has lost count after 15. "Seung Ho-ah!" 

He halted his steps and looked at Jae Suk. "Yes?"

"You have your license?"

"I do."

Suk Jin smiled. "Do you think you can drive a van?"

Seung Ho smiled. "I think so." Driving is one of his favorite things to do. Not only does it eases his mind but also calms any sort of nerves he has. And to be honest, if he is going to be driving, he wouldn't feel so awkward in the car. He rushes over to the van and got in. "Omg!" The camera on the dashbroad surprised him. "There's even a camera here too?!"

So Hyun couldn't help but burst out of laughter due to Seung Ho's reaction to everything variety. He's so new to this kind of world, it's a bit weird to see him like this. Like L had said earlier, he's the formidable leader for their drama set. Always helping and leading very well. Here, he's as bewildered than anything else. It's almost too cute. "Unnie," So Hyun grabbed Ji Hyo's hand and cleared . "If there anything happens today due to my scandal, I apologize beforehand."

Ji Hyo knit her eyebrows together and sighed. Taking So Hyun away from the van and asking if the cameras stay away for a few minutes - she fixes her hair and smiled. "Scandal? The little thing going on between you and CEO Kim isn't a scandal nor is it something worthy to even think about. Someone like him is dirtier than a pile of dirt. How do I know this?" Ji Hyo held onto So Hyun's hand as they walked back toward the van. "Because he was my manager before."

So Hyun's paused. "What? He was a manager?"

"For a couple of months, yeah." Ji Hyo hurried as soon as he saw Jae Suk motioning for them to get inside. "Come on, So Hyun."

. . .

"The first mission is Save the Princesses," the PD announced as everybody stood nearby a huge inside pool. "The Princesses from each team will hang onto a rope with a ticking flour bomb. If the men of their team don't finish the watermelon eating challenge with the spitting the seed onto the face and run toward the pool to pull female down to save them, they will drop into the pool."

So Hyun and So Hee glanced up at the ropes hanging in the middle of the pool. It seems scary enough. "What does the winning team get?" They heard Jong Kook asked while their eyes wandered around the building. She doesn't know about So Hee but this is her first time to be inside a summer mini water park pool like this. So Hyun couldn't help but feel in awe. Has she really missed out so much wonders in life while working continuously like she did?

"Lunch buffet!" Everybody's eyes widened out of hunger and eagar to win for that free lunch buffet. 

Seung Ho clapped along with them as he tried to analyze the surroundings, seeing how he is able to rush to save the princesses. Worse, his eyes adverted to the watermelon on the table. He's going have to spit out the seeds up in the air so it could land on his face? He's never done something like that. Do people do this for fun? 

"Should Ji Hyo or So Hyun go up first?" Jae Suk asked carefully. "Do you think you can?"

So Hyun nodded her head. "I'll give it a try."

HaHa showed the ramp where So Hyun should head over. "Fighting!" He turned back to his team. "Seung Ho, have you played this game before?"

"No." 

"It's easy. As long as the seed sticks to your face, you're good." HaHa instructed. "Save So Hyun and we'll win the first round."

Seung Ho watched as a crew member wrapped a ballon that's filled with flour around So Hyun's waist. Within seconds, she gripped onto the rope slowly. As soon as the whistle blows, she'll hang onto the ropes and her fate is upon him on how fast he's about to finish this mission. He stood in front of the table and glanced over to see L right next to him. Looks like it'll really be first leads versus second leads. 

"Come on, Seung Ho! You can do it!" 

"Let's do this, Myung Soo!"

The whistle blows and automatically both men started munching away on the watermelon slices. As juice covers their hands and face, they try their best to chew faster to get every last bit of the watermelon. As soon as he was done chewing, Seung Ho made sure that a seed was inside his mouth. Tilting his head backwards, he tries to spit out the seed but it feel straight toward the ground. "AHHHHHH!" Seung Ho screamed while laughing. Taking another piece, he hurried and ate it faster than before. From the corner of his eye, he could also see L failing like him. Once the second watermelon slice was done, Seung Ho tilt his head again and this time using a bit more power to spit the seed out. He paused once he felt something did land on his face.

"YOU GOT IT!!! Go! SEUNG HO, GO!" His team started screaming and jumping. 

Without hesitation, Seung Ho started running toward the ramp and tried his hardest to make it there before the flour bomb blows up. He reached where So Hyun and halted his steps. The both of them exchanged looks and started laughing hysterically at the realization that the for the first time in a while, they're both actually having fun. Seung Ho wrapped his arms around So Hyun's waist to pull her over to the ramp. Just as she was about to land safely, he slipped - causing the both of them to unexpectedly fall down into the pool. As soon as his body hit the water and he swam up to the water surface, he searched around for her. So Hyun laughed as soon as she came up the water surface. 

Their team screamed as they lost their first round as soon as L managed to take So Hee safely off the ropes. Seung Ho and So Hyun clapped their hands as they came back up to land. With their clothes all drenched and hair completely messed up, they couldn't wait to start the second round. 

. . . 

It's been 8 hours into filming and several missions has been played. With L's team leading by one, the final mission is what matters the most. It's the decision maker for a hard day of filming. As Seung Ho's team reaches toward the table filled with hats and bells, they already has a sense of feeling what kind of game they'll be playing.

"Wow, how long has it been since we've played name tag?" HaHa asked. 

Jae Suk looked at the PD. "Are we the first to arrive?"

PD nodded his head. "Since your team arrived first, you can decide to play offense or defense first."

Ji Hyo looked at the two different colors hats. "Ahh, we're playing the rotation game kind, aren't we?"

Seung Ho has seen Running Man a couple of times back when it first aired. It was during his enlistment when he had a break. He remembered watching in excitement as their name tags would be ripped off. He can't believe that today's the day where he can actually test out his skills for this game. "Defense!" 

Jae Suk and the others looked at Seung Ho surprised. "This is the first time today you've screamed out so loud enthusiastically for something." 

Looking shy after his response, Seung Ho wipe off the sweat sliding down his face. "I've always wanted to play this."

"Really?" Suk Jin looked over at So Hyun. "What about you? Last time you were here, you didn't get to play this game."

So Hyun laughed. "I was really disappointed." 

HaHa clapped his hands. "This is good," he looked at Seung Ho. "But why do you want to play defense first? Isn't offense better?"

Seung Ho shook his head as he bent down to tie his shoes to get ready. "If we play defense first, we know the hiding spots before they do. And the building is huge, gives us more time to look around and see where they might hide when we rotate."

PD showed them the table where they need to where their hats. "Every ten minutes, an announcement will play to inform of rotation change. You won't be able to move for a minute and stay frozen until the bell rings."

Once everybody got their things ready, Jae Suk noticed the other team's van arriving. "Let's go hide first, come on!"

. . . 

"This is a lot harder than I thought," Seung Ho said quietly by himself as he walked around to find a good hiding spot. He halted his steps and stared at his cameraman. "I'll have to find a spot for you too, right? If you're seen then I'm seen."

The cameraman in charge can only nod the camera quietly as he followed wherever Seung Ho went. 

"OH!" The building they were in is one of Seoul's biggest shopping mall. Considering they have so many stores, it gives endless options to hide - the only problem is those hiding spots are rather obvious. Seung Ho found a hallway between two stores and quickly walked in. "This must be their storage...." there were so many cardboard boxes everywhere, it was kind of messy. But one of the boxes makes a good hiding spot. Without hesitation, Seung Ho got inside and quickly motioned for his cameraman to hide. Just as he lower his head so he wouldn't be seen, the announcement plays to start the final mission. Through echoes and screaming, he can hear L's team running around with the sound of the bells attached to their shoes. 

. . . 

So Hyun watched from behind the door gap as Kim Jong Kook runs past her hiding spot. With her hand clenched onto her heart, her eyes widened at the fear of someone like Kim Jong Kook trying to rip off her nametag. She's always been such a huge fan of the show. Loving watching and actually experiencing this game is such a different feeling. She peeked though the door gap again just in time to see L running past. Has he always ran that fast?

She slightly jumped when her cameraman accidentally tripped as he moved in closer to film her. The sound wasn't soft but rather loud. So Hyun's eyes widened as soon as she heard somebody saying that they heard something. With her hands over , she watched in silence as footsteps start coming faster. This isn't going to work, she thought to herself. 

Making sure that her shoes were perfectly tied, she took a couple of breaths before rushing out of her hiding spots. Just as she expected, Kwang Soo and So Hee were steps away from reaching her hiding spot. 

"OH!! I FOUND SO HYUN!!!!" Kwang Soo screamed as he started running after her. 

So Hyun has always exercised in her spare time. Running fast is one of her skills. Within seconds, she managed to reach the next level floor and skillfully got away from the both of them. Immediately finding another hiding spot between clothes rack in a random store, she carefully made sure that her cameraman was okay. "When you tripped earlier, did you hurt yourself?" She softly whispered. The camera moved in a left to right motion as an answer. "Okay, that's good." 

Unexpectedly, L happen to show up nearby from the corner of her eye. So Hyun covered immediately so he wouldn't hear her breathing. 

"So Hyun-ah, I saw you run in here. Come out." L called out while smirking. He was walking from the far end of the floor when he saw her silhouette run into the clothes store. "So Hyun-ah!" He paused his steps once he saw her obvious shoes near the clothes rack. Just as he was about to catch her, she dashed right out the store. "AHHHHH! Kim So Hyun!!!" L quickly chased after her. "WOW! You're really fast!!!" In a blink of an eye, she disappeared from his sight. Bending down so he can take a couple breath, he shook his head. "We only have 5 minutes left before we switch to defense. Maybe I should just start hiding now..."

. . .

Seung Ho has been inside the cardboard box for more than five minutes now. Rotation should be announced soon. As time passes on, he's starting to sweat a lot more than he did earlier. It's interestingly fun today. He hasn't laughed or smiled this much in a year. To see how Running Man members interact together while filming was completely fun to watch. Their personalities are so different from their real lives. They're so much closer and kinder with each other once cameras are turned off. 

And to play mission games against his drama cast, it's the first time since his career to be laughing altogether like this. L is a lot more competitive than he thought. So Hee is incredibly smart with games involving mental math or science. So Hyun is surprisingly strong since the last mission before this one involved carrying things back and forth repeatedly. Maybe it's a good thing that he got to film for this show. He has seen such new sides to everybody and even himself - it's really unexpected. 

His eyes widened when he heard the sound of somebody panting loudly and footsteps pausing nearby. He arched an eyebrow since he didn't exactly hear the sounds of bells. Maybe it's one of my teammates, he thought to himself. Seung Ho shake his head as he doesn't want to risk standing up out of the box. What if it's someone from L's team? The sounds of continuous footsteps became horrifyingly closer. Seung Ho is going to lose - he can hear the sounds of the somebody trying to tear open the cardboard box that he's inside of.

"OMO!!!!" So Hyun screamed in shock once she saw Seung Ho inside the box. Her back hits the wall harshly as she clenched onto her heart. "Oppa!"

Standing up with sweat running down his forehead, he started laughing uncontrollably as he didn't expect it to be her. "I'm so sorry."

"I wanted to hide in there," So Hyun laughed after she calmed down. "L oppa was chasing after me earlier."

"Myung Soo? Is he still running after you?" Seung Ho asked, worried that he might've saw her come in here. "Let's run and hide somewhere else."

She nodded her head and started walking toward the exit when Kim Jong Kook showed up. "OMO!!!!" 

Seung Ho watched as Jong Kook walked closer. "Well, this isn't good." Trapped between the dead end of the hallway to Jong Kook blocking the entrance, it seems as if he and So Hyun won't be able to escape. 

"Ah, I really like you both but somebody has to be out. Time is ticking." Jong Kook said as he moved in closer. "No one has been out yet."

"Jong Kook oppa, we can talk this calmly." So Hyun offered as her back hit the wall, trying her best to be as far away as possible. 

"I can't do that, So Hyun." Jong Kook answered. And like a tiger as he is labeled, he rushed over within seconds - causing Seung Ho and So Hyun to scream out loud. He tried to grab onto Seung Ho's nametag but failed. 

Seung Ho immediately stood in front of So Hyun to prevent her from being out. As the both of the them pin closer to each other at the corner of the wall, Seung Ho tried his heat to protect himself and her. He can't try to rip off Jong Kook's nametag since he's currently on defense. "Hyung!!!!! Nooooo!" As expected, Jong Kook got hold of his name tag intensely. 

So Hyun watched as Seung Ho and Jong Kook struggle as he still tries to protect her while shaking off Jong Kook's hands off of him. Not wanting a teammate of hers to be out so soon, So Hyun did the one thing she can only think of. Wrapping her arms around Seung Ho's waist as his back is faced towards her, she blocked the nametag from being seen. 

Jong Kook backed away and laugh. "Ya, is this a drama right now?" He couldn't help but smile at how adorable that the little save So Hyun is doing right now. 

Seung Ho couldn't say anything. He didn't expect So Hyun to suddenly backhug him like this. Just in time, the announcement plays on - alerting everybody to stay frozen for one minute as the rotation will start. Seung Ho can't understand anything as they stayed frozen. His eyes briefly look down to see So Hyun's arms still wrapped around him, he could feel her head on her back. Oddly enough, he could hear his own fast heartbeat loudly through his ears. Oh no, he quickly thought to himself. Why is this feeling? Why is his heart acting like this right now? Feeling completely at loss as this sort of feeling has never happened to him before, he couldn't comprehend with anything that's happening around him. 

. . . 

author's note: ahhhhh, I am very happy with this chapter! thank you for all the amazing comments on the previous chapter! I've been wanting to write a chapter about RM as I am huge fan of their show since the beginning. i hope you all like this chapter! please do comment and subscribe as they help inspire me! thank you for reading!