The Bad Light

Fateful Destiny

So Hyun stared at the television blankly as her mother turned the volume louder. She couldn't believe what she's hearing. She can't believe that someone would do something like this towards her. At first, it had to be fake for her. Why would someone who has known her for so long treat her like this? She spent 7 years dedicating her life towards that company. Never has she ever raised her voice and even till the last moment of her in the office, she didn't scream or slander CEO Kim. Now, as she sits on her living couch with her mother and brother by her side, this all feels like a horrible nightmare. Her hands clenched onto the end of her shirt as she listened further more to the press conference that CEO Kim has decided to hold. 

With the nicest suit he has and a sorrowful smile as he kept his head down in front of the reporters, CEO Kim sighed out loud. "I just can't belekve that she would do something like this. Not only is she harming her own reputation but she also herself. Kim So Hyun knows nothing about the business world. To think that she upfront slammed two checks on my desk and demand to be apart from the company. It's just heartbreaking. I tried convincing her to stay, I even begged on my knees. I couldn't believe that she wouldn't listen. She's been so out of control but I tried my best to make sure she had the best treatment. I let her rest comfortably when she needs to, I let her take the vacation days as needed. To think that a little rising popularity changed her into a whole different person - it's scary." He made eye contact with the camera and did one formal bow. "I apologize for this press conference but I thought I should tell my story so I wouldn't be misunderstood. No matter what, Kim So Hyun, I treated you like my own child. I hope wherever you choose to go, I hope you don't treat your next CEO like how you did with me. Become a better person, you are still young and learning."

"That is the most ridiculous excuse I've heard in years!" So Hyun's mom screamed as she turned off the television. "I can't believe he would make up those lies just so he won't get he hate!" With her hand clenched over her heart, she reached over for her cellphone on the coffee table. 

"Mom, what are you doing?" So Hyun asked.

So Hyun's mom started dialing as she breathed deeply to control her emotions. "I'm holding my own press conference. If he wants to play this kind of game after the 7 years of dedication that you've showed him, I'll play along." 

"Mom...." So Hyun begged as she tried to reach for the cellphone. When her mom suddenly stood from the couch so she wouldn't grab it, So Hyun bursted out in tears. "Mom!!!"

She froze in horror with her thumb hovered over the call button. "So Hyun...." her daughter has never raised her voice like that in years. "What's wrong?"

"Can you....can we just not do anything?" She softly begged as tears slide down her face. "I just want this to pass. It'll pass, won't it? Please tell me that this will pass and people won't believe it."

Completely thrown off by her daughter's tears, she placed down the phone and made her way over to So Hyun. Wrapping her arms around her, she patted her head softly. "Of course, nobody would believe it. They would be extremely silly if they do."

. . . 

Seung Ho carefully stepped out of his car with his arms clenching onto the scripts. As soon as the car was locked, he made his way toward the coffee shop that's nearby the drama set. Taking out his card, he stood in line and started skimming through his script when he heard the group of people in front of him talking about So Hyun. 

"Did you catch the press conference CEO Kim of  Starlight Entertainment held last night?" A woman in her mid-thirties said. 

"Who didn't?" Another woman of the same age replied. "I can't believe all along we thought she was a sweetheart. She must be more of an amazing actress than he thought. I can't believe she would treat her CEO like that after all the good deeds he did for her."

Another woman snickered as she crossed her arms. "The fact that she didn't even care when he begged on his knees for her to stay already tells you how much of a person she is. She has the actor disease, I tell you. Growing up under the spotlight for so long makes people go through that. She's insane if she thinks people are going to treat her the same afterwards."

"What about the drama she's in right now? I heard it's broadcasting next week." 

"I'll watch it for Yoo Seung Ho but I'll spend my time writing bad comments of her online. Only that she will learn her lesson." 

"What a difference," another woman muttered. "Both of them were child actors but one turns out to be so different."

Seung Ho took a deep breath as he opened his mouth to speak when a production crew member walked over. "Seung Ho-ssi, as soon as you get your coffee, we will be over at the corner for Scene 35."

"Okay." Seung Ho said. He turned his attention back over to the group of ladies, who were extremely surprised and happy to see a celebrity behind them. "Excuse me..." Their eyes brightened and opened in awe as they get ready to take out a paper for him to sign. "If you don't mind, I think the employee is waiting for your orders."

"Yoo Seung Ho, can we get your - "

Taking out his cellphone, he dialed his manager in front of them to avoid talking to a group of ladies like them. "Min Soo Hyung, can you do me a favor please?" From the corner of his eyes, he could see the displeased expressions all over their faces as they turned back around to face the barista. "You know those candies that I like? Can you go buy me another bag?" Hanging up the phone, Seung Ho immediately searched up So Hyun's name on the internet. His widened in shock to see so many negative comments about her online. Most were calling her fake, liar and a shame of nation's little sister. Unlike the women, he didn't catch the press conference last night as he has a late night shoot. He went off to bed as soon as he was home. Furrowing his eyebrows together, he tapped his fingers against his sides. She must be so worried right now, he thought to himself.

. . .

So Hyun leaned her head against the window as her manager, Chun Soo, drives down the road and toward the drama set of the day. She couldn't sleep. Her mind has been all over the place since that press conference. How can somebody do something like that without blinking an eye? Everything about that press conference were complete lies. He made himself out to be a victim while she gets thrown  under the bus and being made as a horrible, ungrateful celebrity.

"So Hyun-ah, we're here." Chun Soo cleared his throat. "I want to thank you for taking me out of the company like that. Sadly, it'll start going downhill from here. I just hope this car can last long enough for your drama."

With So Hyun and Chun Soo leaving behind the company, it also meant leaving behind everything else that is owned by them. Most of her sponsored clothing and jewelry are gone but those don't matter. It's the fact that their van are also out of the list. Instead, they're using Chun Soo's old rundown car as transportation for the moment. 

Grabbing her scripts and belongings, So Hyun stepped out of the car as she exhaled deeply. As soon as she was in front of everybody at the drama set, all eyes were on her. From the very corner of her eyes, she could see they were whispering under her breath about her. Some were even pointing at her, making facial expressions as they shake their heads. It has started, the chaos has officially started. Making her way toward Director Song and Writer Jung, she immediately bowed down apologetically. "I'm sorry." Not only has the negative light been on her but it has also been on the drama. Within hours after the press conference, people were already vowing to not watch premiere episode. Many so far has demanded for her removal so it doesn't affect the cast and crew. It has reached to the point where 95% of the comments were slandering her and the drama itself for choosing someone like her to be a part of it. "I'm really sorry."

Director Song sighed as he took off his headphones. "Kim So Hyun, I don't even know where to begin."

She closed her eyes with her hands politely folded in front of her. "I'm sorry for causing so much harm to the drama."

"Harm?" Director Song repeated. "So Hyun, that's the last thing we're worried about. I've worked with you before, I know how you are. Whatever that CEO Kim said last night, I didn't believe a single word. I just can't believe that he confidently stood in front of cameras like that to make up so much lies."

Her eyes widened in surprised. "You....you believe me?"

Director Song looked at her as if he was offended that he would actually believe a person like CEO Kim. "So Hyun, I've been in this business for a long time. I've met enormous amount of stars and their companies representatives. I can tell you that CEO Kim is one of those people who I never wanted to be in the same room with again. I've only tolerated him so far because you were a part of his company." He ruffled her hair softly to make her feel better. "Worry about yourself from now on and don't think too much on the comments."

Writer Jung nodded her head as she smiled. "We trust in our own instincts more than foolish middle aged man who goes on televsion to slander a young woman." 

So Hyun gave them another bow. "Thank you. I will work my best for this drama." Feeling relieved that they actually don't believe a word that CEO Kim has spread, it felt as if a huge boulder has been lifted off her shoulders. Finding a corner of the drama set to sit at, she carefully opened up her script to practice her lines. 

"So Hyun," So Hee stood nearby, handing over an orange juice. "I heard you haven't started drinking coffee yet so I got you this."

"Thank you," So Hyun said as she took it. Her eyes wandered around before she stared at So Hee. Although they have been filming for two weeks, the one person she still hasn't had a real conversation with is her. Feeling awkward and uncomfortable at this point, So Hyun doesn't exactly know how to bring up the topic. "I'm sorry if my news lately has affected the drama for you. I never meant for any of this to happen when I left. If you want to say anything, please don't be - "

So Hee smiled. "I don't have any questions because I'm not curious about it at all." She turned and looked at So Hyun. "I may not know you as much as I want to but I've seen how you've acted and talked on set for the last two weeks. Whatever that old man says, I don't care for it. I've seen how you are and really I don't believe it. Only someone with a vicious mind and personality would do something as horrendous as what he did." Taking a sip of her coffee, she shrugged her shoulders. "You're still young in terms of age but your career and mind is a lot maturer than mine. I just wanted to say that you will be able to get through this little hurdle. Whoever does believe that sickening press conference are just people who don't know you. And you know how our netizens gets, they always impulsively believe in fake words than the truth - it's more entertaining for them, gives them a reason to create IDs online and write horrible stuff about people."

So Hyun smiled softly. "Thank you, unni."

So Hee turned and smiled brightly. "How ironic. For the first time in two weeks, we are finally talking comfortably and smiling. And today, you and I are filming a fight scene." Lightly patting So Hyun's shoulders as encouragement. "Don't overthink too much on what people are going to say today. A lot of that will happen especially those stares. Focus on yourself, okay? Fighting!"

So Hyun sipped onto the orange juice as she lightly smiled back. "Thank you." Her eyes adverted over to the group of crew members who were pointing at her. Their expressions and shaking of their heads with their phones in their hands already told her what they were talking about. Forcing herself to look away, she started glancing down at her script again when a little stuffed teddy bear appeared in front of her. Knitting her eyebrows in confusion, she glanced up to see L standing there, holding onto the little bear. "Oppa..."

"Thought this could cheer you up a bit," L smiled as he playfully waved the bear's arm at her. "Don't feel so down."

She didn't know what to say. For the last two weeks, she hasn't been exactly considerably close with L or So Hee. They never had a conversation that lasted more than five minutes. To think that on a day like this, they would try and make her feel better - it's really unexpected. Taking the little bear, she smiled. "Thank you."

L put his arm on top of So Hee's shoulders comfortably. "Are you going to sue?"

"What?" So Hyun asked.

"Are you going to sue?" L repeated. "It's only understandable if you sue him so he can learn his lesson."

"No, there's no need to go that far." So Hyun rationalized.

"That far?" L sighed. "So Hyun, that man literally put your whole career down the drain. He put out those lies on a live broadcast. Anybody who has a tv or phone has seen it. People are starting to think that you're a girl with two different sides. Our world, as big and wide as it is, there is one thing that billion of people would believe and that's rumors. The truth doesn't matter to them unless you fight for it."

This isn't some kind of law drama. Instead of trying to defend herself, she just wants this to go all away. So Hyun imagines it will take weeks and even close to year but she'll have to deal with it on her own. At first, she was scared to face the world but seeing as how four people has shared that they don't believe those lies - she wants to hold onto the hope that there are more like that. "I'll be fine."

L was about to argue back when the Director has called them for their scene rehearsal. All three of them walked over, listening to his instructions and what desired emotions he wants displayed for the scene. 

Seung Ho made his way toward the shooting site with coffee in his hand. He greeted everybody who was there as he squeezed his way in to listen to the director. For the first time, all four of them will be filming a scene altogether. It's crazy to think that episode 5 will finally be the one that they all are in one shot. Handing his coffee over to one of the crew member, Seung Ho took out his script and followed along with the rehearsal. 

"Alright," Director Song clapped his hands after the 15 minute rehearsal. "Let's get this done in one take! We have a long day ahead for us!" He walked over to the monitors after placing on his headphones. Holding up his hand up in the air as indication for the cameras to start rolling. "Action!!!" 

"Ya, Chun Ji Hyo!" So Hee automatically switched into character. "What? Trash? How dare you compare my designs to trash? Just because you are jealous of my designs being chosen for the fall line, doesn't mean you have the right to critique them!"

So Hyun scoffed as she crossed her arms. "I don't have the right? Are you seriously going to stand here and tell me that your designs are fitting with the new fall season? Don't think that the whole company is stupid. We know that yours got chosen because of your relationship with the CEO." 

"My designs are high class level," So Hee argued back. "You came from a low class college. How dare you compare mine to trash when yours is just a pile of - "

"Kim Min Joo, don't you dare finish that sentence." 

"Poop." 

So Hyun lifted her hand and faked slap So Hee's across the cheek as the script indicated. "Using your relationship with the CEO as a career advancement is worse. Thinking of me and the others as lower individuals don't make you more superior. It makes you less of a human being."

So Hee screamed out loud as she pulled So Hyun's hair harshly. As soon as she felt So Hyun's hand clenching onto her hair, they both screamed and shoved each other as the script tells them to. Within seconds into it, that's when the male leads came in and pulled them apart. L holding onto So Hyun while Seung Ho held onto So Hee. "What is wrong with you two?!" 

Seung Ho made eye contact with L. "Take your girlfriend somewhere else, Jung Yoon Bin!" 

L glared at him. "Ya! It seems like your girlfriend started this first! Until she apologizes, Ji Hyo and I aren't leaving!!"

So Hyun pulled herself out of L's grasp and shoved him away. "I'll leave! I can't believe a bunch of adults are behaving like this in the middle of the streets."

Seung Ho's mouth opened wide in disbelief as she walked away. "Chun Ji Hyo! You act as if you didn't just fight with her five seconds ago! Ya!! Come back here!!"

Director Song stood up. "Cut!! We'll film the scene again but the cameras will be at a different angle! Rest for 30 seconds!"

So Hyun immediately rushed back to the shooting site to check up on So Hee's head. "Unni, are you okay? Did I pull too hard?"

So Hee laughed as she brushed out So Hyun's hair with her fingers. "I should be the one that's asking that towards you. I think I accidentally pulled out some of your hair."

"I'm fine." So Hyun also laughed back. She couldn't believe that a real life drama and a fake fight scene was able to bring them closer together. Just as she was about to ask if L was okay, a female crew member snickered as she walked past. She paused and looked over at the female crew member, who was now obviously making mean gestures towards So Hyun. 

Seung Ho glanced up from his script just in time to see the small interaction between So Hyun and the female crew member. "So Hyun-ah," once she turned to look at him, he pretended as if he couldn't understand what the next scene was. "What scene are we filming next after this one?"

She knew what he was trying to do, Seung Ho has always been on top of everything when he films. It's impossible for him to not know what scene they were gonna do next. So Hyun appreciates what his good intentions meant as she leaned over and flipped over to the page where the scene is.

. . . 

Seung Ho watched in amusement as L and So Hee put their arms around each other while they have a long conversation over lunch break. Maybe it's just because of the way he is but when he sees costars who become instantly close and touchy with each other, he can't help but feel amazed. He has a hard time connecting with people especially those who have an opposite personality than his. To see actions that happen in front of him that he wouldn't normally do in public, it's almost shocking. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Park Chul Min asked as he sat down with his food tray. "The food truck is really amazing today. L's fans really hit it this time."

Seung Ho stared at the lavish amount of food that is on the tray. Today's lunch is all thanks to L's fans and with a complimentary coffee truck later - it's pretty much an expensive lunch today. "I'll eat later. I have a scene in five minutes." He has a solo scene that will be done in CEO's office. The director and production crew just has to finish setting the place up and he'll get the call to quickly film. 

"Where's So Hyun?" Chul Min glanced around, searching for her. "I just had a scene with her. She said she was going to head down for lunch with me."

"She's probably changing into her next clothing - " Seung Ho noticed that the table where the usual group of women, who are in charge of their drama clothing, weren't at their usual spot. He's no genius but he has been noticing that for the last two weeks, those women would never miss out when it's time for lunch. Why does he have a bad feeling right now? Checking the time on his watch, he sighed. He only has 3 minutes until his scene, he can't afford to search for So Hyun and be at his set at the same time. "Sunbae, I'm going to go first."

"Go ahead."

Seung Ho dashed out of the lunch area and rushed through the crowd of people. As soon as he started arriving to the drama clothes room, that's when he heard the talking. Leaning against the wall, he listened in.

"Do it," one of the them snickered. "Be yourself in here, it's just us ladies. Don't be so fake."

So Hyun, who has come by to the room for her next outfit, stood in the middle of the room with the women surrounding her - not letting her leave at all. "Unnis, why are you doing this?"

"Why? Because not only did you humiliate us in front of Myung Soo last night but it turns out you're the biggest snake around the city. What? Do you think you're the tough one just because you're able to write two checks to buy out of a contract? What was it that the CEO said at the press conference?"

"That she's a rude young girl who thinks she's all that just because she makes more money than the average. What kind of act you're doing now, Kim So Hyun? The pure and innocent?" One of them poked So Hyun on the chest, lightly shoving her with each word being said. "Come on, let the real girl out. The whole world already knows that you're fake. If you treat your CEO like trash even after all the vacation and nice things the company did for you, this whole place must be considered as a dumpster for you." 

"That's not it." So Hyun softly said. "None of that's true, please believe me. I would never treat anyone as if they're less than me. CEO Kim was lying the whole time. I - "

"Lying? Come on, you can make a better excuse than that." One of the them took over and shoved So Hyun against rack of clothes, causing her to fall and be scratched by one of the hangers. 

So Hyun gasped out of pain as she looked down at the huge cut on her arm. With blood dripping down, she tearfully stared at the group of women. How could they believe something as awful as the conference and treat her like this? How could they treat a person like this? Even if the conference never happened, these women never made it a secret to how horrible and rude they spoke towards her. 

"Who the heck do you think you're staring at?!" One of them shoved So Hyun's head harshly. "Someone like you has to be taught a - "

"That's enough, don't you think?!" Seung Ho walked in, his eyes fierce and glaring at the group of women. "Is this some sort of high school?!" The women were completely shocked and bewildered by Seung Ho's presence, they backed away together. "Your age combined together to an average of 30 years olds. Are you seriously bullying a 19 year old right now?!" Bending down in front of So Hyun, his eyes widened at the cut on her arm. Taking one of his sponsored shirts that's on the floor, he first wraps it around the cut to stop the bleeding. "Are you okay? Do you think you can stand?" She silently nods as she grimaced in pain. Seung Ho sighed as he slowly helps her up from the floor. "Come on, let's go take care of that."

. . . 

"You're late for filming," So Hyun muttered softly with her eyes closed so she could withstand the pain. "I can just go to the medical room."

Seung Ho furrowed his eyebrows together as he took out the saline bottle. Gently pouring it onto the cut, he held onto So Hyun's hand tightly as she muffled her scream. Taking a gauze pad, he gently dabbed it around the cut for any remaining blood. As soon as that was done, he took new guaze pads and wrapped it around her arm. "If they ask, tell them the truth."

"I can just say that I fell." So Hyun insisted on.

"No," Seung Ho firmly denied. "Tell them what actually happened so the production can do something about them. If you don't, I'll tell them." 

She has never seen this side of Seung Ho. He actually looked angry. Has Yoo Seung Ho ever been angry at anything? So Hyun could only nod her head as she rolled down her sleeves. "Thank you."

Cleaning up the mess he did on the table, he softly sighed and stood up. "I know you want to leave the matter alone but if they're bullying you over this, it's not right. I heard from L that you don't want to press charges or sue CEO Kim and I can understand that. I won't say or push the subject any further but those women are a different matter. They speak so highly about you being fake but they're actually the ones that should worry about that. If you stay silent, they will only keep attacking you." 

"They're just misunderstood, they believe CEO Kim's words like half the people here. Maybe they'll get over - "

"Kim So Hyun, if you can stand up for yourself in front of CEO Kim, why can't you do it in front of them?" Seung Ho lastly asked before he walked away to head toward his set.

. . .  

L clapped his hands as they finished filming for the last shoot of the day. Waving his hands goodbye to the crew members, he quickly rushed over to So Hee. "Want to grab a late night dinner together? We ate early today so I'm kind of starving."

"Yeah," So Hee smiled as she collected her things. "Let me just tell my manager." She glanced up in time to see So Hyun walking around saying goodbye. "Should we invite So Hyun?"

"Do you think she would go? We've tried inviting her so many times in the last two weeks but she never came." 

So Hee looked at him. "That's because her schedules were always packed. She technically doesn't have a company anymore so maybe she can this time around." Texting her manager quickly, she rushed over to So Hyun. "Hey, Myung Soo oppa and I are going to eat a late dinner together. Do you want to come along?"

So Hyun shook her head. "I can't. I have a photoshoot today."

She arched an eyebrow. "At midnight? Alright. See you tomorrow then." 

She felt apologetic. Why does it always have to happen on the days that she has things scheduled? So Hyun winced in pain as she tried to left her bag with the wounded arm. "Ahh," sighing to herself, she switched arms and took a deep breath as she walked down to wear manager was parked. "Oppa!" She frowned when she noticed that he was on the phone, visibly looking upset as he spoke. As soon as she was in front of him, he already hung up the phone. "What's wrong?"

Chun Soo stared at her for few seconds in silence. He honestly didn't know how to explain this to her. He spent the whole day on the phone with various companies that has signed for her as their new brand. She has been the spokesperson for years for some while others are rather new. "It seems like CEO Kim used his authority and caused some of the brands that you sponsor to cut you off."

"By some, what do you mean?" So Hyun carefully asked. 

"More than half of the brands that you used to model or sponsor for has officially cut you off." Chun Soo showed her all the text messages he had received throughout the day. Most were filled with cursed words on how dare she fake an image and harm their brand like this. Others were more than less said in a nicer tone. "So Hyun, the photoshoot and even the following shoots that we did have scheduled are now cancelled."

So Hyun blinked her eyes a couple of times to let everything sink in. "This is a good thing, right? I've filmed so many ads, commercials and photoshoots that having more than half of them cut me off is good. I don't have to overwork myself now. And I can't be mad since a part of them signing me in the first place was due to Starlight Entertainment and CEO Kim." She put on a bright smile for him to see. "It's good! I can relax more! Isn't that what I wanted?" She gasped and clapped her hands. "I can go eat with So Hee unnie and Myung Soo oppa! Let me just and tell - " she stopped talking once she saw L's and So Hee's car drive past her and onto the busy night street. "Never mind."

Chun Soo grabbed her scripts and bag. "How about we go home? Maybe for the first time, you can rest more than four hours now."

He's right. This is for the better, she thought to herself. She spent two years complaining about the continuous shooting, this is her chance. So Hyun quietly got into the old rundown car. "Let's go home."

 . . . 

Seung Ho dropped his backpack on the floor as he smiled brightly at the sight of his cats greeting him at the door. "Oh, what's wrong with you guys today? Greeting me like this." He bent down to cuddle all four of them each. "Hungry?" Standing up, he the television and turned toward the kitchen to grab some cat food. As he opens the tin cans, he furrowed his eyebrows at what the television was saying.

At this rate, do you think someone as young as Kim So Hyun will survive in this industry? A poll that has been up since last night has indicated that 91% of the netizens believes that Kim So Hyun will soon meet her end. Most comments shows that netizens believe that her real snakelike personality has come out and she will won't ever be treated the same. The other 9% believe that she is still young so she may have a chance to redeem herself. What do the viewers right now believe? Please call us with the number showing the screen right now! 

Has the world really come to this? Seung Ho poured out the cat food into four cat bowls, placing them on the kitchen floor for his cats. As soon as he washed his hands, he walked over to the living room. Narrowing his eyes at the host, who seems to be having the time of his life belittling a young woman like this, entertainment industry truly has changed for the worst. "Unbelievable," Seung Ho muttered under his breath. "How can anyone just upfront believe a man like CEO Kim?" Taking out his phone, he clicked on So Hyun's name which has been trending all day. Sadly, it seems like positive comments doesn't exist anymore. It's all negative - some comments went as far as asking So Hyun to stop being an actress. Shaking his head, he exit online and stared at So Hyun's number in his contacts. Since they exchanged numbers a week ago, he never called or texted her. For him, exchanging numbers was just out of courtesy and for emergencies if anything happens before filming. Debating silently for a few minutes, he finally shook his head as he placed his phone down and turned off the television. With his eyes shut and laying comfortably on the couch, he slowly went to sleep.

. . . 

So Hyun has been staring at her laptop screen nonstop for the past 30 minutes. It suddenly feels like the whole world is out to get her. Her phone has been going off nonstop with her celebrity friends asking if she's okay. She's scared to reply because what if they also believe so? How she is supposed to face Ji Woo, Yoo Jung, Sae Ron? Even if they do believe her, she doesn't want them to be under bad light. Right now, the netizens has gone as far as slandering her own family members. Mentioning how she is the way she is due to being fatherless growing up. How could they say such a harsh thing? As soon as she blinked her eyes, tears slowly slid down her face. Forcing herself to close the laptop, she jump iron bed with her face down onto the pillow. And before she knew it, she slowly cried herself to sleep. 

. . . 

"Aigoo, what happened to your arm?" The makeup stylist asked as she tried her best to cover it with foundation. So Hyun has to wear a dress for the last shoot of the day. And with it being considerably sleeveless, she can't let her arm stay bandaged like this. "This a deep cut."

"I fell down and hurt myself by accident." So Hyun insisted. She has been trying her best to wear the outfits with showing the wrapped bandaged throughout the day. Most of her outfits she wore were long sleeves so she seemingly easily got away with it. But as tonight's shoot is an important scene for the development between her character and Seung Ho's - nothing can go wrong. 

The makeup stylist stopped applying the foundation as she stared at So Hyun from the mirror. She narrowed her eyes at him, she has done makeup for So Hyun for various of events and dramas. She can tell a lie from a thousand miles. Instead of asking again, the makeup stylist just nodded her head as she didn't want to press So Hyun if she didn't want to say anything. "You're going to have to be careful with tonight's shoot. I mean, I'll apply foundation again before you film but it seems like it'll rain tonight."

"I understand." So Hyun glanced over to the sound of somebody entering the room. Realizing it was Seung Ho, she quickly formally bow her head since she couldn't move from her seat yet. They've filmed all day together but they haven't spoke a word with each other personally. It's a bit awkward for her since she doesn't know if he is still mad from the day before. She has never seen Seung Ho react so angrily like that. 

Seung Ho stood around awkwardly for a few seconds before he slowly sat down at the seat besides So Hyun. He just had to film a brief scene on his own before the next main scene tonight. He still can't believe that they will be finished with filming episode 5 tonight. The drama is moving along productively even before their premiere broadcast next week. He bit his lower lip as he stares at himself in the mirror. What should I say, he thought to himself. He hadn't mean to scream angrily at So Hyun like that. And worse, he didn't mean to practically ignore her the whole day. It's just he doesn't know what to exactly say. 

"I'm almost done with So Hyun then you're next, okay?" The makeup stylist said. 

"Okay..." Seung Ho replied. 

. . . 

"Everybody, good job tonight!" Director Song screamed so they could all hear. "Tomorrow is our first break day! Enjoy it! Go to the beach, do something energetic and fun! I'll see you guys the day after!" The whole production crew clapped their hands as soon as filming was done. 

Seung Ho checked the time on his watch. How they always managed to finish filming 30 mins before midnight amazes him. He said his goodbyes to the people nearby as he made his way over to the hair/makeup room to have everything on his face remove. 

So Hyun watched as most of the crew members ignored her as she tried to say goodbye. Feeling as if she should stop trying, she turned toward the busy streets and stood in the middle of the sideway, waiting for her manager. She already changed into her comfortably clothes and her hair is all tied up. All she wants to do now is go home and just sleep. Just as she was about to text her manager at what location she is at, she halted when she heard a bunch of teenagers snicker nearby. Looking up, they were pointing and glancing between her and their phone - as if making sure they are seeing the right person. She glanced toward the hill that she walked down from where the production crew is still probably there. Has she walked too far down? She's by herself now with no one from the crew in sight. 

"Ya! Kim So Hyun," one of the teenagers stepped up in front of her. "We're the same age. What? Just because you're acting, you think you're some kind of big shot?" 

So Hyun shook her head. "No, of course not."

"Look at this person lying! We watched the conference! Someone like you don't deserve to be a star." 

So Hyun opened to say something but was left shock with the girl shoved her harshly. "You need to be mindful of your actions, please." Hurriedly, she clicked on her manager's phone number but it only went to voicemail. 

"Mindful of my actions?" The girl scoffed as if So Hyun was joking. "You guys hear this? Someone like her is telling us to be mindful. We're not the one that has been fake on tv for more than 10 years like her!"

"What do we do about her? How are we going to handle her?" One of the girls asked.

How are they going to handle her? So Hyun's eyes widened as she tried to call Chun Soo again but it went straight to voicemail. Where is he?! "I think you guys should leave."

"I don't think we can." And like that, the girl who seems to be the leader shoved So Hyun, causing her to trip and fall on the floor. "We have to teach you a lesson first."

Before she could stand up, So Hyun was left frozen when suddenly a group of paparazzi stormed toward her face while she's on the floor. The blinding light from their flashes wanted to make her scream. She quickly covered her face with her hands, begging them to leave. She hasn't done anything to deserve this. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the girls running away.

"Kim So Hyun! What are you going to do?! It seems like CEO Kim has officially blacklisted you from joining any other companies!"

"Do you feel remorseful for your actions?!"

"Why don't you beg on your knees like how CEO Kim did?"

Still on the floor, So Hyun searched for her phone as she cried. She's in pain from being pushed twice and falling on the floor. She's angry because of these paparazzi that won't leave. Why won't anyone leave her alone?! "Please.....please just let me go home!"

"How are you going to go home?! Your longtime manager is the one that told us your location today!"

So Hyun finally looked up toward them, tears running down her face. "What?"

"You haven't heard? Chun Soo has went back to CEO Kim and Starlight Entertainment today!"

This isn't happening, none of this can happen. So Hyun stood up and called him again - straight to voicemail. Her hands were trembling and unknowingly, she was bleeding from landing on the concrete floors. "I want to go home..." she softly muttered to herself as she tried her best to go through the crowd of people who were now staring and pointing. "Stop pointing at me!!" So Hyun screamed. 

"Oh!! Did you scream and raised your voice like that to CEO Kim when he was begging on his knees?!"

"He didn't beg on his knees! He's the one that is lying! None of it is true!" So Hyun finally exploded. "Just please leave me alone!" Instead of doing so, the paparazzi and the netizens who were standing around crowded in more.

Flashes were going off, questions were being screamed at her. Shaking her head viciously, she tried to go through the crowd again but this time, one of the paparazzi shoved her. "We asked you a question!!!"

Feeling completely done with them, So Hyun covered her face on the floor - not moving a single inch. If she stays like this long enough, they won't bother her anymore. They'll probably go away on their own. Seconds turned into minutes and all she can still hear is the cameras going off, questions still being screamed, the crowd muttering curse words at her. Why is this happening to her? What did she ever do to deserve this? All she wants is to be home. All she wants is to - her eyes opened when she felt a jacket draped over her head as a pair of arms pulled her up from the floor. She can't see due to the jacket covering her face but she could hear the sound of somebody screaming. 

"What is wrong with you guys?! This is harassment! Taking pictures of somebody who is injured on the floor like this, ignoring if they're hurt or not is not right! Are you even human beings?!" She felt the pair of arms clenching onto her shoulders tighter as he guided her through the crowd. The screaming and sounds of flashes have slowly disappeared. It felt as if they have walked forever on the streets. Quietly, the pair of arms lets go of her once they stopped walking. So Hyun stood there as the jacket finally came off and she glanced up to see Seung Ho standing in front of her. "Are you okay, So Hyun?"

She doesn't know why it's always him that saves her. She doesn't understand why she always gets herself into these kind of situations. She doesn't know why people just assume to believe those lies. She doesn't understand what she could possibly do for people to believe her. Feeling suffocated and honestly tired from it, So Hyun finally bursted out into tears as she cried. 

Seung Ho's eyes widened as he didn't expect her to cry like that. Feeling bad for her, he slowly stepped in closer. Wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her in so she could cry as loud as she want onto his chest. 

. . .

aurhor's note: thank you so much for the comments on the previous chapter! comments inspire me to write more and more so please comment! I hope you all like this chapter! thank you!