SIDE CHARACTERS :: WONDERLAND EDITION

Enigma ﴾¿﴿ Story Arc: Revelation ﴾?﴿
header

# of side characters to keep track of — 05
updated on — 11/02

Technically I didn't want to have such a clear divide between the side characters for either side because...yeah. Foreshadowing and stuff. But I realise if I don't have a clear filing system people are gonna get c o n f u s e d so here we are.

It's not formatted in the best way possible but honestly as long as y'all have a vague idea of who is who I think I would have already achieved my goal :D  

(Also can I just say this formatting is absolute ; I wanted to put subtitles on top of the characters to make it easier to browse but the code was just like no💕) 

(Btw idk why I decided to add pronouns but yeah, needed something to ad on and I have zero energy for character quotes so here we ae) 

side characters

wonderland edition

carroll

head of cards

position — Head of CARDS, official commander of Wonderland, 'King' position on the High Council
face-claim — ?
species — [redacted]

The head of CARDS, Carroll is a mysterious being who never showed their face nor their presence (At least officially). As a result, even if they walked past a CARDS personnel, that person would never know. Constantly shrouded in shadows, they only deliver their orders through their obedient assistant, Lewis. 

pronouns: they/them

review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

lewis

assistant head of cards

position — Assistant head of CARDS, second-in-command of Wonderland, 'Queen' position on the High Council, Carroll's secretary, head of Intelligence Department
face-claim — Han Yeseul but I just picked her randomly
species — Human

Ethnicity— East Asian - no one knows

Lewis is by name the assistant head and commander of CARDS and Wonderland, though everyone in CARDS know that's all bark and no bite. She's an authority figure only because of Carroll; by herself, Lewis is no threat - or at least that's what everyone thinks.

Lewis, on the other hand, is the perfect assistant to Carroll. She serves them with almost blind devotion, delivering their messages and working everything on time. She never questions Carroll's motives or plans, only carrying them out. Yeah, she's kinda obsessed. 

pronouns: she/her

 
 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

sir patrick

head of corazones branch

position — Branch Head of Corazones - Canadian/North American CARDS branch, Member of Executive Committee of University of Es's Centre for Myth Studies, Dean of UC Santa Barbara's Religious Studies Department 
face-claim — Ian McKellen
species — Seelie

Possible Ethnicity— British

  The only full-blooded Underworlder personnel in CARDS, Patrick is a Seelie who formerly agreed to work there as part of a peace agreement. Originally serving as an advisor to the human operators of CARDS, he was soon instated as the Branch Head of Corazones because the previous Branch Head died and there was no one else suitable for the position. After his ascension to the position, Corazones became the favourite destination of every new CARDS recruit because Patrick was the best Branch Head - and he turns a blind eye when people hijack the kitchen, which is the best part of Corazones. 

  The father figure of Corazones, everyone there goes to him when in dire need, or even just need some advice and a cup of tea. He always have a tea tray ready with biscuits, and never disappoint. Having lived for centuries, it is only natural that he is wise beyond his years. Patrick, unlike the other branch heads, is also down-to-earth, and never fails to impress recruits with his ability to pop up everywhere and anywhere. 

  One of the few figures in the public eye so open about his ancestry, Patrick decided to take up research positions at universities with mythology departments, so as to 'debunk' and correct human professors on their wrong perceptions of Underworlders, especially the mostly negative aspects of things. A prominent and well-respected public figure, his sources are never credited, but for some reason, generally accepted by professors. People in the science community, of course, thinks he's bogus. 

  Oh yeah, and the 'sir' is actually legit. He got a knighthood from Queen Victoria, and since knighthoods are retained until you die, well.

pronouns: 'fey do not confine themselves to such flimsy things as "pronouns", but by all means, he/they' - patrick

 

khiana

head of clubes branch

position — Branch Head of Clubes - African CARDS branch
face-claim — Ori Pfeffer
species — Human
ethnicity — Israeli

 First off know that 'Khiana' isn't his official name, but rather an alias. 

 Another authority figure shrouded in mystery, Khiana was originally an underdog in CARDS ranks until he was appointed the head of the Clubes branch, when Carroll plucked him from the obscurity of Clubes and instated him as the Branch Head. 

  A shrewd man, Khiana is mostly focused on Intelligence instead of having an all-around focus like Patrick. He's good at strategies and formulating plans, though they're often reckless. Despite Khiana being the Branch Head ever since she could remember, Helena doesn't really trust Khiana and she made this known to him.

pronouns: he/him

 

name

head of diamantes branch

position — text
face-claim — text 
species — text
ethnicity — text

Text

pronouns: she/they

 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

franchesca ConceiçãO de la cruz

head of espadas branch

position — Head of espadas branch, resident mom of espadas, 'jack' position in high council, former international law prosecutor, judge on international court of justice
face-claim — Zoe Saldana
species — Human, but proud of her siren ancestry
ethnicity — Brazilian-Dominican

(There was an over-scrolling issue so I had to reduce the size of her name whelp) 

A no-nonsense and strict woman, Franchesca is tough. She is perhaps the most feared woman in all of CARDS, triumphing likely even Lewis because of her charisma. She normally isn't at Espadas because hey, girl got work to do, but when she is, she makes sure that everything is going well and if something goes south, Franchesca makes sure she attends to it and it gets solved asap. She dishes out a lot of tough love, especially to the new recruits - but after the medical department at Espadas were telling her about the trauma some recruits got, she toned down on her fire significantly. After all, she's there to take care of and protect her members, not traumatise or harm them. It's kind of like your Asian mom apologising for hitting you with a flip flop through offering fruits, but actually with a verbal and action apology.

In her late thirties, Franchesca still looks flawless despite the amount of hours she'd stayed up for. Originally a prosecutor (and a CARDS General to boot), she was best known for tearing down her opponents in court, and delivering justice when needed. Her lifelong ambition had been to reform the justice system, and she's doing very well indeed, being on the United Nations itself. 

In CARDS, people are always afraid to be in a meeting with her, but only because she gets done quick, and doesn't take any bull. The pace at Espadas is slow precisely because everything important, urgent and critical has been taken care of. In staff meetings, and especially High Council meetings, it's mostly dominated by Franchesca ushering things along, and just getting things done. She doesn't dominate the conversation by not letting people speak, but the moment someone started rambling about something, she steers the conversation back on track. Even Carroll shuts up in front of her. 

'Yes, my name is a mouthful. However, it is precisely because it is a mouthful that you have to pronounce it properly. Names have power. If you can't acknowledge me, at least have the guts to address me properly, .' 

Espadas mom has class. 

 pronouns: she/they

 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

vidya prabha chatterjee

'engineering magician' 

position — Key member of CARDS HQ's Science Department, assigned engineer/architect of Wonderland, former assistant-Head of Diamantes' Science Department
faceclaim — Lilly Singh - I'm not sure of other Indian influencers/actresses who doesn't look 100% glamorous, so have this for the time being (I wanted to use Zendaya but she's not Indian so) 
species — Human with Seelie ancestry
ethnicity — Indian (Bengali)

Born into an Indian family with Seelie ancestry, her parents had hated their ancestry and tried to indoctrinate that idea into Vidya. Thus, Vidya grew up disliking the Underworld, and was determined to steer as far as possible from the Underworld - doing sciences where Underworlders supposedly never touch, living amongst 'normal' people, etc. However, the irony came when she won a scholarship to Imperial College - the best science university in the UK, when her parents told her to strive higher.

And so she went off to the possibly most faerie-infested country in the world. There, despite her original prejudices, she got to befriend many Underworlders (there are a lot 'undercover' Underworlders), and she changed her worldview and even began to reform her own thinking.

Anyways, in 'Coloniser Land' (as Vidya affectionately called the UK), she graduated top of her class. Her similarly smart friend with equally high grades decided to work for CARDS in the sub-branch of London, so Vidya tagged along. Gradually, she worked up the ranks, and was transferred to Diamantes. While Vidya kept her occupation secret from her family, they eventually found out and it caused a huge fight between the two. Vidya then officially left home and took up permanent residence at Diamantes HQ.

It was at Diamantes that Alex recognised her talent, and when he was called on to join Wonderland, he requested her to be on board. Now, she's the primary architect and repairer of Wonderland's weapons, and secondary engineer. She comes up with the ideas and blueprints, and occasionally helps with the installing of delicate parts. The more manual stuff, she leaves to her partner. 

pronouns: she/they

review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

nour elmahdy

clubes barista

position — Clubes Head Barista, Helena's main confidant, host of Clubes Lounge
faceclaim— Rami Malek
species — text 
ethnicity — Egyptian

The head barista at Clubes' Lounge (and the only decent place to get a coffee anywhere, according to Helena), Nour is a great host and a generally comforting person to be around. Not only is he incredibly skilled at making coffee (not alcohol, someone else does that), but he also gives some good advice and makes you feel generally at home, and forget about Khiana's sour expression when he was debriefing/yelling at you earlier. Nour was also Helena's key confidant during her training years, and is probably the only person alive to know most of her secrets

pronouns: he/they

review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

son jaehyun 

adrian's best friend

position — Adrian's best friend
faceclaim— Kim Sunwoo (The Boyz) 
species — Human 
ethnicity — Korean (Nationality: Korean-Canadian)

Jaehyun started out in CARDS as a rookie in Diamantes, but was reassigned to Corazones after his family moved back to Canada. Ever since then, he had been Adrian's best friend and partner-in-crime; they were constantly up to no good in Corazones, resulting in Patrick constantly scolding them. However, he's also extremely fond of them, and calls them his 'troublemaker sons'. 

Jaehyun's practically Adrian's brother 

pronouns: he/they