Chapter 07

It's You Whom I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night Belle was doing her self-study in the library when she suddenly wondered if the video clip had been completed so she logged on to the game to see if HeroJeiJei was online.

Unknown to her, Jaejoong was also on the library, sitting at a table diagonally behind Belle. A smile spread across his face when he saw the game graphic appearing on her screen. He had already edited the video clip and sent to her inbox.

The moment Belle logged into her account, she saw a message notification blinking at the bottom right hand corner of her screen. It was a message from HeroJeiJei.

[HeroJeiJei]: I have something on so I won't be online for the night. Done with the editing. I have sent the video to your inbox.

Belle opened her inbox and saw the thumbnail of a ten minutes video on the screen. She plugged in her earphones and double clicked on the video thumbnail.

The beginning of the video had already blown Belle's mind away when she saw the exquisite writings appeared on the screen slowly. "Wah! Didn't expect the students from the Computer Science faculty to be so artistic!" Belle muttered. "God-nim seems to know everything. Tsk tsk tsk!" She shook her head but she didn't know that someone was watching her in the dark.

As she continued to watch the video clip, she was amazed by smoothness of the video, the words and the music. Everything of the video was so perfect for the storyline, especially the background music. Belle was surprised that he didn't use any of the popular music like others did in the contests but the music used was mostly instrumental ones. The kidnapping scene used cheerful flutes for the female bandit while the zither was for the musician.

Belle was enjoying the video with a cheerful mood until the scene when the musician unsheathed his dagger, and stabbed it into the female bandit's heart. The background music stopped abruptly and Belle's heart skipped a beat. Before she could recover, the scene changed again.

Originally, the next few scenes m should have been the musician leaping down the cliff at Cloud Mountain with the female bandit's body. But the scene showed the musician playing his zither under a tree in front of his little hut when the general (played by LuDeerHan) came to pay him a visit. The general shook his head and sighed when he saw the tomb next the willow tree. "You had done a great deed for the imperial court! Wealth and status are within your reach. Why do you choose live in the middle of nowhere?"

The musician didn’t answer; he continued to play his zither.

The willow branches swayed due to the wind and the scenery changed to the lotus pond. It was the memory of the musician. The musician was playing his zither, while the female bandit was dancing before him. There was a Chinese song playing in the background.

"Forget yourself, give up the past

Falling into an illusion dream.

Snowflakes are everywhere,

The sky is infinite, the entire world is lonely..."

The scene went back to the general scolding the musician angrily. “You have such a promising future, why are you wasting it in this desolate place?"

"This is my dream too..." An airy voice spoke.

The last scene was the female bandit in red practising with her sword by the lotus pond while the white musician played his zither. The two were vibrantly colored and full of life until the scene began to fade out to black and white.

The scene went still with the musician still dressed in white but the red female bandit had turned stark white, disappearing from the scene.

Tear rolled down her cheeks silently.

Unknown to Belle, Jaejoong has been standing behind the shelf, observing her. And when he saw her tearing up, a satisfied smile appeared across his face as he walked away.

---

After calming herself down, Belle began to type her reply to HeroJeiJei. Although she has a lot of feelings gushing at her after watching the video, she didn't want to reveal so much to him. Not even the fact that she cried after watching the video.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Did you change the ending because it is different from what I had planned?

Right after she sent her message across, HeroJeiJei's name turned green, indicating that he has come online.

[HeroJeiJei]: Yup. I have changed it to make the video length longer.

[JustAnotherGirl]: You are back! ^^ What video length? Is there a criterion on the length of video?

Belle was confused because she couldn't remember seeing any rule or criteria about the video length. There shouldn't be any limit to it.

[HeroJeiJei]: The contest rule states that if the video were to hit half an hour and win, the experience points would be doubled! Since we are doing it, we should give our best and win.

"Duhhh! Winning this contest has never crossed my mind." Belle thought as she reopened the video and realized the video was exactly thirty minutes long, not a second over or under. "Wah! God-nim is indeed god-nim! Whatever he does is always so precise to the core! Tsk tsk! Maybe he is an OCD! Hehehe!" Belle sniggered to herself.

[JustAnotherGirl]: How did you think about the ending? It's so much better than the original one.

[HeroJeiJei]: The original ending was also good, but using flashbacks to extend time with that ending would have been too distinct.

[JustAnotherGirl]: So this new ending is easier to add those flashbacks?

[HeroJeiJei]: Pretty much.

"So god-nim's intention was mainly on lengthening the video clip! I was dumb enough to feel touched by it! Duh!" Belle mentally facepalmed herself.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Let's post it on the forum. Should you do it or me?

[HeroJeiJei]: You do it! I am too lazy to register for a forum.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Okay! I'll do it right away!

After uploading the video, Belle and HeroJeiJei went to do some quests. Belle refreshed her post once they were done with their quest and was shocked by the number of views and comments.

[JustAnotherGirl]: There are a lot of comments! Have you read them? Many said that they cried while watching the videos and some criticized that the scriptwriter ! LOL!

[HeroJeiJei]: Didn't read any of them. Just tell me when the result is out.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Aye aye! Captain! Oh! By the way, why must the musician kill the bandit?

[HeroJeiJei]: Aren't you the one who wrote that part?

[JustAnotherGirl]: Hehe! I was thinking out loud that time! Didn't expect you to use it! But if it were to be you, would you kill the female bandit?

[HeroJeiJei]: Not me.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Huh???

[HeroJeIJei]: He is not me and I wouldn’t have gotten that far.

Belle smiled at his reply.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Okay! I need to go now! The library is almost empty!

[HeroJeiJei]: There should still be someone around.

Belle turned around and saw a guy leaving the library.

[JustAnotherGirl]: O.o You are right! How did you know?

[HeroJeiJei]: Just a guess. Be careful when you are on your way home.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Yes sir!

Belle started to pack up and left the library when she was done. Shortly after she stepped out of the building, Jaejoong has also stepped out of the library building, watching her from behind.

---

For the next few days, CharleneCharlene and Will.C uploaded their new video, but their popularity wasn’t as high as before. Neither their plot nor their editing was as good as Belle and her group's one.

Belle and HeroJeiJei's video leading the by a very large margin, throwing CharleneCharlene and Will.C's video to the second place. Even Belle also couldn't help but to think that their possibility of winning this contest was extremely high.

One day before the result was out; Belle received a message from SoulfulYuni.

[SoulfulYuni]: Girl, I have a question to ask you.

[JustAnotherGirl]: What's up?

[SoulfulYuni]: You promise not to get angry first.

[JustAnotherGirl]: Don't worry! Not like I know how you look like so I won't hurt you in any way! \smirk\

[SoulfulYuni]: \shocked emoticon\ I'm just a messenger. If, I’m saying IF, somebody would give you a large amount of money, would you be willing to back out of the contest?

[JustAnotherGirl]: Will.C asked you to ask me?

[SoulfulYuni]: You are so smart!

[JustAnotherGirl]: Who else would do such thing except him?"

[SoulfulYuni]: CharleneCharlene is determined to get that set of couple clothing so Will.C came to ask me for my help so as to keep her in the dark. After what he had done to you, he is probably too embarrassed to ask you directly. Girl, are you angry?

[JustAnotherGirl]: Nah! It's not worth to be angry over such ignorant person! Does he really think that he is richer than me? How many houses does his family have around the world? What car does his servants drive to buy groceries? What’s the bloodline of his cat? If he isn’t keen o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter