No Matter What Happens

Reminisce

Author's note: please participate in the poll! Thanks! 

 

Tiffany’s POV:

 

It’s been a week since the heart to heart talk with Jessi. I’ve been just going through my life routinely not knowing what the hell is going on in my life anymore. Since that day, I was pushed emotionally and finally confronted Jared about the unhappiness that built up within me and we’re having a cool down period. Which made me feel a little more light hearted. Getting from the Board of Directors who can never be satisfied is just plain stressful and I have to keep thinking of ways of improvement for the company and motivational initiatives for my staff. Sometimes I just wish that I had an older sibling so I wouldn’t have to be the one to take over this family business. Just as I was about to finish reading a file and putting my signature to approve a report, my phone rang.

 

“Stephanie?”

“Oh hi dad, how are you doing? I’m sorry I didn’t call for the past week I was just really caught up.”

“I know, I still get updates from the company remember?”

“Why don’t you just focus on your recovery? Worrying about the company would worsen your heart condition isn’t it?”

“I’m just worried about you Stephanie. I’m not worried you cannot handle the business I’m more worried about your emotional well-being.”

“Dad, I have a non-existent emotional well-being. Don’t worry about me alright? So how is your condition anyway?”

“It’s more stable now that I don’t have anything in particular to do except rest and play chess. *chuckles*”

“I’m glad to hear that you have entertainment. Anyway I gotta go Dad, I need to clear off my paperwork before it piles up again.”

“*sigh* Just listen to my advice and get a Personal Assistant would you? At your position having JUST a secretary is just not enough.”

“I’m managing Dad, don’t worry. I’ll call you again next week, I promise.”

“Alright, make sure you take your meals and take care of yourself.”

“I know Dad, you take care too. Bye.”

“Bye, I love you.”

“Love you too Dad.”

 

I let out a sigh after hanging up the phone with my dad. I know he has been worried about me ever since that incident 5 years ago but I have been showing no signs of weaknesses to him at all. Sometimes I just hope that he can take my well being at face value so that he can lay off the stress on his heart. Furthermore, that incident only took up minimal damage in my life at the moment, what occupies me the most is the relationship that ended a year ago. I loved her so much that I think I just lost myself at some point. I started spacing out as flashbacks of the relationship just floods back to me.

 

 

*Flashback 3 years ago*

 

I ran out from class and went to a stairwell where i knew there were few people using. I started punching the wall with my fist until i felt someone pull me away from the wall.

“What the hell are you doing? Why did you run out from class? You’re not exactly setting a good example as a class representative like that you know.”

I turned around when I heard that familiar voice laced with anger and concern to find that my girlfriend had followed me out with similar emotions reflected in her eyes.

“I just got… affected, by the examples he was stating with regards to bad employers.”

I just ran out from human resource management class, not expecting that she will run out after me.

“What are you doing here? Having both class representatives absent from class is not a good thing.”

“I’m here because my girlfriend is more important than my class rep duties, and please, they are all adults they can last a period without us. So tell me. What’s bothering you?”

I was hesitating to tell her as it might seem like a very small issue. She sensed my hesitance and turned over to the wall and started punching it herself. I got anxious and stopped her before I understood that I would not be able to get out of this and I have to tell her the truth.

“When he stated the example of the employer scolding ‘You are useless!’ it got to me. I used to hear that a lot when I was young from teachers and also from my family.”

Her gaze on me softened and turned my body so I faced her. I fixed my eyes on the floor not wanting to let her see my tears but she lifted up my face to let me look into her eyes.

“Pany ah, you’re not useless. Useless people would not be chasing their dream despite the objections from their family. Remember why you started this degree. You wanted to open a cafe of your own, and that is not something someone useless would do. You’re a great person. You’re caring about your family and they have change their perspective of you. You have shown them that you have matured into a fine woman who knows what is best for herself. Do not ever think that you are useless, do not mind what others say even if it’s about you and remember that no matter what happens, I will always be here for you. I love you, boo.”

I felt tears well in my eyes and I finally broke down after I heard that she would always be there for me, happy that I have found someone this great to be part of my life

 

“I love you too, Taetae.”

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

I wiped off the tears that escaped my eyes as I heard a knock on my door. I gave permission to let the person enter only to find that it was my secretary asking me if I have signed the document I was looking at before my dad called. I passed it back to her before she left me alone. I felt weak as she invaded my mind once again. I really thank God that he put me through that relationship because He knew that I would need her support to tide through my university days, but sometimes I just hoped that my heart wouldn’t hurt so much. I have a problem of plunging myself too deep, only to find that I am not able to pull myself out, ending up having a hard time healing. Closing myself up may have been the best decision I have made in my life.