Blessings of having a friend

Reminisce

Jessica’s POV:

I’m totally worried about my BFF Tiffany recently. I haven’t seen her so distressed since 5 years ago when she got by her jerk of an ex. I’m relieved that she finally broke up with Taeyeon almost a year ago, it took me months to convince her that the relationship was not working out. However, I’m frustrated to see her cold front and pretense that there’s nothing wrong. Being friends with her for more than a decade, I have watched her go through the most difficult days of her life and seeing her this distressed, I’m worried that it will trigger her PTSD again. Sigh. That Jared blockhead is not helping the situation either… I guess I should meet her and talk again before she loses her mind.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV:

I wasn’t surprised when my BFF Jessica barged into my office like it was her own house because she does it so often. Sometimes I have no idea if I should envy her that she has a simple life, doing something she loved as a fashion designer, not having to worry about a relationship as she keeps telling me she’s waiting for the right person or to actually put her right out on the market to find someone to take care of her. I raised one eyebrow at her when i heard her groan as she plopped down, lying on the couch that became more familiar to me than my bed.

 

“To what do I owe to have the honor of the visit from the top fashion designer?” I as I smirked. I dropped down all my work for the moment and walked over to her to spend some time with her because I prioritize my friendship with her more than my work.

 

“Move these radishes so that I can sit would ya?” I said as I slapped her thighs.

 

“Yah! My legs are y okay?!” She exclaimed, exasperated. “You might as well just expand your office and put a bed here since it almost seems like you live here.”

 

“I may be the CEO but I can’t do these weird alright?”

 

“Well like anyone can say anything since everyone who has eyes can tell the amount of time you spend in this hell hole,” Jessica said as she rolled her eyes at me.

 

“Yeah right, you’re just convincing me to do it so that you can come here and sleep isn’t it? Or is it because I seem too y in your eyes that it excites you to do me here?” I gave her my signature smirk, knowing very well she would play along with me.

 

“Hmm that would be too enjoyable for you, since I am THAT good,” Jessica mirrored the smirk I was sporting and after staring at each other for a while the both of us burst out laughing. Being with her is the only time I feel comfortable enough to lower down my guard and be myself.

 

“It feels good to see you laugh again Tiff, it’s been awhile.”

 

“It’s only like that with you Jessi, you know that.”

 

“Oh my god I feel so honoured! The great Tiffany Hwang only laughs around me!” She exclaimed, earning a slap on the arm from me.

 

“So would the CEO of the great Hwang Corp grant the request of this humble fashion designer for dinner?” Jessica looked at me with her puppy eyes expressing her rare aegyo.

 

“Fine, let’s go.”

 

We left my office and Jessica drove us to an American diner. We settled down and started catching up on the little details in life since we last met which mainly consists of our work until she took a deep breath and looked at me seriously.

 

“Yah wae? Don’t look at me like that it’s weird.”

 

“Tiff, how long have we known each other?”

 

“About a decade why?” I was confused on where this conversation is going.

 

“You know I care a lot about you and I want the best for you right?” I nodded to acknowledge her question and urged her to continue at the same time.

 

“We’ve known each other for so long Tiff, I can tell when you’re not fine.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, getting annoyed. “Get to the point would ya? Stop beating around the bush, our friendship has long passed that stage.”

 

“I know you’re not over her. I know I normally do not ask further in your relationship matters unless you approach me about it but seeing you like what you are now makes it difficult to keep quiet about. I’m getting worried about your well being. Talk to me please?” Jessica looked at me sincerely, pleading me.

 

“I'm fi-”

 

“No you're not Stephanie. Let me in like you used to would ya? Are you even having your meals regularly? What's the thing going on with Jared anyway? Why are you being so lifeless?” Jessica pressed on. With each question she posed I felt tears forming in my eyes threatening to fall as I saw her genuine concern for me. I took in a deep breath and looked at her, not knowing where to start.

 

“I have no right to feel anything Jessi… I'm the one who cheate-”

 

“But she was the one who didn't treat it like a relationship. If you could even call it a relationship. You guys hardly talk or go out, you require attention that she was never able to give you.”

 

“That's just excuses for me to cheat Jessi… No matter what was going on I shouldn't have done it.”

 

“Oh come on Tiff! You didn't even him! All you did was kiss! And the problems were piling up anyways like I always told you I didn't think she was appreciating you enough.”

 

“But she made effort. No matter how busy she was she at least tried to go out with me once a week, even though it might be cancelled at the end of the day. I don't go out with Jared either, I don't even put in the effort to.”

 

“That's because you don't even love him! Why did you even get together with him anyway?”

 

“I was going mad Jessi! I had been going through hell in the company, not being able to get over the breakup, my flashbacks from 5 years ago keeps haunting me! I needed someone to anchor my emotions before I needed to send myself to the crazy house.”

 

“So he was a rebound?” Jessica raised her eyebrow at me. “But why him?”

 

“I was stuck in a triangle. It was either him or another guy whom I thought was less stable emotionally. Worst thing was they are friends it was difficult when we have business meetings and both of them just starts chalking me up in the office. It wasn't helping I wasn't mentally stable myself. So I chose a more mature side. Who knew it could get so frustrating?”

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

I went over to Tiffany's side and gave her a comforting hug as she started to break down.

 

“There there it's all going to be okay, just cry it all out and you’ll feel better.”

 

“w-why do I always end up like t-this Jessi… W-why m-me? W-hat happened t-to us? She said she was h-happy with me…”

 

“Come on, let me send you home. Take a rest off work tonight,  I’ll sleep over and accompany you.” I pulled her up as I felt her nod against me.


I made the payment for dinner and we made our way back to her apartment. On the whole way back her tears didn't stop but she started staring off into blank space. After we arrived I helped her to wash up and tucked her into bed, her hair to aid her sleep. I'm feeling even more worried about her. I could tell she really loved Taeyeon even though I can't make out if her feelings were reciprocated. I would have to device a plan to see how I could convince her to go back to a counsellor, maybe it would help. All I can do now is to let her know I'm always here for her, which is what I intend to do.