In love with a boy who's heartbroken.

ed up love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh yes, that was a contributing factor to what is about to happen. Am I crazy? I nearly wished that he kissed my lips because I made no plans to turn my head or even move away from the kiss and what happened to us after that? We were closer than before, still best friends somehow but we hung out a lot. He helped me carry my books and walk me to class and eat lunch with me, we even text each other a lot which involves pictures too of our derp faces in class. He stayed with Lijin and I stayed with Luhan but really, the time I spent with him is more of us using our phone and staying silent while it is totally different with me and Sehun, it is as if I lost my phone whenever I am with Sehun.

Soon, a year passed and it was June, the rainy seasons and it was a night where I spent peacefully with my family. I was awake at 2am and was busy going through my assignments after bidding goodnight to Sehun and my phone dinged which made me knitted my eyebrows in confusion and realized that it was Sehun “busy?” I decided to drop my work now and text him, he rarely texts unless something is up and I definitely knew something was wrong and suddenly, a thunderstorm made me startle as I sigh and decided to it and go out. I wore a pair of blue ripped jeans with a white shirt and wore a raincoat and white sneakers before grabbing an umbrella and opened my window softly before beginning my adventure of late night sneaking out, I have been doing it 340 days out of the 365 days thanks to Sehun. I quickly opened up the umbrella when I landed on the ground, hissing the moment I hurt my palm and my knees, but they were the last thing I am concerned about now, my priority is Sehun. I ran out and somehow, I didn’t know where the he would be or where he is so my legs are bringing me to where I think he would be, going to the park near my house, he ain’t there. The coffee shop we hung out at, nope, the mall we hung out at, nope, the playground we spent a day at, nope. And then, a distinct hazy memory came into my mind and I walked, I walked to wherever my legs brought me to, I am tired, my legs are tired but it is Sehun and it will never be tired for Sehun, I never understood why, maybe it was just… Maybe because… he is my bestfriend, and I cared for him more? My stupid heart never thought about Luhan once, my stupid heart told me that I would never go to this extent for Luhan but did I hear it screaming that out loud? No, my heart and mind was swelled and full of Sehun right now, Luhan was never in the picture once.

I reached the place as I see a figure huddled at the corner, trying to keep the rain away as I frowned and sheltered it while I bent down as he turned to look at me, shivering slightly as my heart broke and shattered into a million pieces at the sight in front of me. Sehun was not the Oh Sehun I knew, he was bruised, beaten up, eyes puffy and red, swollen even from crying, nose was red too and right now, he was shivering, drenched from top to bottom, he wasn’t even wearing shoes… “Hanuel…” and that was it, I dropped the umbrella I was holding and gently grabbed him, hugging him, I didn’t even care if I was soaking wet or even drenched, I held Sehun as he cried into my shoulder, I hugged him because he was so vulnerable and my heart cried for him, I hugged him tightly because I wanted to protect him. We stayed like that for about 3 minutes when he suddenly pushed me away and took the umbrella, holding it above, sheltering both of us as I frowned “what happened? You scare me… I was worried sick! Especially when you didn’t reply!” I shook him, rocking the umbrella back and forth as he chuckle lightly as I whined. “Hanuel…” he said and I stopped as he looked at me and smiled “thank you for coming to me at 2am in the rain…” I stopped and felt my mind go blank, all the questions I wanted to ask were immediately thrown out of my brain because he sounded so sincere and so… warm, I literally felt my ovaries exploding for a while.

He stood up and held out a hand as I looked at him, confuse before I reached out and he grabbed me to stand upright as he interlaced his fingers in mine, my brain going overdrive as he tugged me along, walking side by side under the rain with an umbrella sheltering us, occasionally, a few cars and some couples would walk past, hushed voices blocked out by the rain and I somehow felt like Sehun and I were the only couple in this massive world, we are the only ones there as I examined his features, I loved it, I loved every single detail and suddenly my heart dropped when I noticed a blueblack near his eye and his lips were busted as he and I stopped walking and I realized that we had reached a quiet corner of the road, a place where no cars passed, no people walked and there was dead silence, there was shelter so he brought down the umbrella, leaning his back on the opposite of the wall where my back was resting on, my heart was beating rapidly as Sehun looked at me, vulnerable and adorable, handsome even and I heard Sehun whisper huskily, feeling his hot breath circling my earlobe (the thought of it), causing me to shiver in delight “Ask. You have many questions don’t you? You want to know what happened don’t you? Why I am out at 2am… drenched in the rain with no footwear. Ask now, nobody can hear and no one will see us.” I heard how sad his voice sounded and sigh before shaking my head and grabbed his hand “I know where to go, if you promised to keep it a secret…”

He nodded as we walked hand in hand, silent as the gentle rhythm heard was the sound of the water droplets hitting the umbrella. We reached a secret rooftop house as Sehun gasp “where is this?” he asked as I smiled proudly “This is a rooftop house my dad and I made, it was an isolated house and I came by once a month to clean it up. This is a private place where my dad, mom and I know. I came by each time I am stressed and unhappy, my parents would know and come by to comfort me with popcorns and DVDs, we rarely come here so…” I looked at Sehun, “so I allow this to be a place for both of us. If you want to go somewhere, this place always welcomes you.” I smiled proudly as we walked in and I got out towels that were already there, the house was nothing more than a mini fridge, 3 beanbags, a TV and DVD holders with a stereo at the corner. The room was decorated with fairy lights that could be switched on if we didn’t want the main light to be switched on. I got out a first aid kit after passing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter