Edge of Beauty

ed up love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How long have they been together?” as much as I don’t want to know, Sung Kyung was familiar and I had forgotten when was it that I saw her. Chanhyuk sigh “about 2 years now. From his prom date when he and her were crowned prom king and queen.” Joohyuk’s prom happened a little before Christmas and I slumped, I was the third party in this relationship, I ruined their relationship as I swallowed a saliva when I felt someone’s hand on mine, rubbing soothing and calming circles on my hand as I closed my eyes. It was calming me down as I peeled open my eyes, thinking that I would be seeing dots but I only see tears blurring my vision, I willed myself to stop but stubborn tears rolled down and I snatched my hand from the soothing touch and wiped it stubbornly and angrily as Sehun sigh.

I skimmed my eyes over the documents and my eyes hovered around the engagement document as my eyes widened before I took the document with shaking hands, trembling as the engagement letter was literally shaking under my grip “What. The. .” I spat as Chanhyuk said “They got engaged recently. Everyone found out about the mysterious guy Sung Kyung was dating and because her career would be messed up, she told everyone that they are engaged and that was a document of proof.” Tears blurred my vision as my mind kept replaying about the times where Joohyuk and I talked about marriage and how he bought me a promise ring and I furiously shook the document as I took out the promise ring from my finger, the feeling of emptiness after wearing it for nearly two years. Joohyuk, in every picture with Sung Kyung, were smiling and his eyes twinkled and sparkle. The love in his eyes that I see every time he looks at me, the happiness spilling over each time we look at each other, I felt the stab in my heart in each and every picture. I bit down on my lip, the tears kept coming as my fist clenched and Sehun stood up as Chanhyuk stood up too and they left me alone in the room.

My eyes were watery and it was like a faulty tap, it didn’t stop no matter how hard I tried to make it stop. The door closed and I heard the shuffling as Sehun continued sitting beside me and I was trying hard not to cry as sehun sigh and pulled me into his chest and that made it, my eyes continued crying, throughout the whole house, my silent sobbing was the only noise I made as he sigh and caress my hair as I cried and wailed, after 3 minutes of me crying, I was still on his chest and now everything clicked. He has never seemed tired from late night meeting with clients, how he would be unreachable for a while, how his colleagues would get nervous each time I went to visit, how he would be “out for lunch” at different weird timings. I closed my eyes, smiling at how stupid I was, putting my trust in another guy only to be hurt and stabbed the same way Sehun did.

“Why did you want to show me?” I croaked as Sehun sigh “I have no bad intentions Nuel… I love you but I would never stoop so low to get you to come back…” he paused and was rocking me back and forth “I just felt like you should know about his infidelity…’ he stopped before saying “You called Joohyuk before me didn’t you? He didn’t pick up…” I bit my lips and nodded as Sehun sigh “He has a gala dinner tonight with Sung Kyung and if he spent any time on the phone and dash out the moment he knows you’re in trouble, Sung Kyung would get suspicious and their engagement would be down the drain.” I sigh “So he is ok with losing me over Sung Kyung?” I asked, my heart was literally being stabbed with a knife and it just keeps wrenching deeper and deeper, wanting to completely make a hole front and back as Sehun shook his head “Joohyuk didn’t want to lose you and Sung Kyung. It is his loss if he loses you.” I sigh, sehun knows what to say

“Just like how you lost me? Was it your loss?” he froze for a while as his hair was halfway combing through my hair, there was silence and I just wanted to tell him I was joking when he sigh “I regretted ever letting you go… Every single ing day. I wanted to come back to you, I wanted to see your jet black hair and your eyes. How your eyes sparkle and twinkle with life whenever you saw something you liked, how your eyes look like moon crescent when you smiled and how your eyes widen when you are surprised or shocked. I wanted to touch your face and feel your warmth on my fingertips, electrifying my body and sending me waves and heart thumping non-stop. I wanted to kiss you, over and over again. You may not have kissing experience but , it tasted so good and it feels so good. You were like a puzzle piece, you completed me in every way possible, in every aspect I am lacking.” He stopped and sigh “You were like a house to me… that goes for saying, if my heart was a house, you’d be home…”

I felt my lips tug upwards as I said “That’s sad because I left the house in a hurry while cooking and it burnt down.” Sehun hummed at my response “That hole though. Now there’s a new house in construction… It’s a mansion.” He emphasized. “It’s also fireproof. You can’t burn it down anymore.” I laughed into his chest as I felt his lips on my temple and I quickly detached myself from him as he looked at me questioningly as I said “Let’s go grab ice cream!” he shrug and let me drag him as we were out of the house, instantly regretting not bringing a jacket as we got into his car and he drove to the nearest ice cream parlor and when I was about to leave, he yanked my arm back and I looked at him questioningly as he reached behind and threw a sweater to me as he winked “I saw you shivering” I bit my lip to stop my smile as I rolled my eyes “Are you a stalker now?” he rolled his eyes “I am always your creepy stalker. Look, I will be standing by your window later while you’re asleep.” I gasp and he laughed as I playfully punched his shoulders. We both walked into the ice cream store, his jacket covered me to my thighs, like his shirt and his sleeves were too long for me.

“Peppermint?” he asked me, choosing my 2nd flavor as I nodded and he ordered bubblegum and tropical fruit as I raised a brow “whats with the fruity exotic mix?” he smiled as he looked down “You don’t eat green tea…” my heart wavered as I shot him a small smile. He scooped a small portion of his bubblegum ice cream and looked at me “I actually wanted to dye my hair a rainbow color.” I looked at him with the spoon in my mouth as I processed it and suddenly my jaw opened, dropping the spoon “Isn’t that a weird choice of color?” He shrug “You only…” I cut hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter