육 전년, 부산

Three Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
육 전년, 부산

SIX YEARS AGO, BUSAN.

 

 

“And that’s the end of this week’s segment here on KBS News 1 live, we hope you join us again, same time, same place! This is Kang Eunha reporting from Jeju Island-”

 

*BREAKING NEWS*

 

“Apologies for the interruption Kang ssi, but we’ve just received shocking news. The multi Billionaire Park Corporations family home is currently ravaging with fire. We have our reporter Lim on site already. What can you tell us about the situation, reporter Lim ssi?”

“Thank you Kim ssi. It’s not a pretty sight here in Busan. Streets have been cordoned off and the magnanimous fire has spread to nearby mansions in this elite neighbourhood. The cause is yet unknown but as we know, both CEO’s of Samsung and KIA were spending a holiday here in their beach homes and we’ve just received news that they cannot be found. Their homes have perished, but until we have any confirmation of bodies, we can’t say for sure.”

“Any news on Mr or Mrs Park? Any survivors?”

“I’m afraid the flames are too - we are - we are getting pushed from here, it’s too dangerous but we...h...t...wh...th...”

“Reporter Lim, you’re breaking up.”

“...Sorry about that. As you can see behind me, the fire fighters have just pulled out four bodies, and - Christ have mercy...Mr and Mrs Park’s bodies were found mutilated and mangled. Kim ssi, I advise all young children and sensitive audiences to look away for the footage we will try to film is too explicit...for...vie...”

News reporter Kim ssi feels a lump forming in the back of , for never in her career has she been able to report such a high profile event.

“I’m in shock...Viewers, you heard it here first. If you have any children or if you are sensitive to blood and explicit images, we strongly advise you to look away. Do we have reporter Lim back?”

“Yes ma’am! Line 1!”

Gasps are heard everywhere.

In every home and every station, every farm and every school, every workplace and every cafe. Open mouths are being covered with both hands, curled up with shock and horror. No one in Korea has ever seen images so vile other than in banned gore films. Two bodies, moulded together by the fire, but eyes gouged out, dark caverns known as mouths slit open to their ears and sulphuric acid poured down the lengths of their bodies, bubbling and smouldering chunks of now deadened flesh spread around. Blackened and shrivelling, the bodies are a cartoonish scary with swellings and mounds of stump instead of arms and legs. They are partially decapitated. The fire glued the bodies together so nothing would fall off.

All news reporters are stunned and silent for a good minute.

No one knows what to say so instead flash the screen with a headline.

 

 

Park Chulsoo and Park Jieun dead in their luxury Busan house now burning down.

 

 

“Oh my god...R-reporter Lim? Any news on the other two bodies pulled out?”

“Yes Kim ssi, it’s their twin children. Ten year old daughter who was taken out alive, but I believe she's just died. Their ten year old son who’s always been hidden from the public eye isn’t confirmed dead yet, so we are assuming he’s alive. The ambulance van is just inches behind me; I think I might be able to get inside, unless-”

“No filming.”

“Well I got my answer, but we can see they are treating the ten year old boy for any burns inside and...Oh...MY...GO-”

“Reporter Lim? Reporter Lim? Lim ssi? Can you hear me? Lim ssi!”

 

“.......”

 

“It seems the line is disconnected, but we shall keep you all updated. We will now return to the scheduled programme here on KBS 1 until we have more information about what happened.”

The broadcast ends and news reporter Kim Jeongja rubs at her temples with panic. Applying pressure on acupunctured areas, she doesn’t notice the whole newsroom rushing around until she hears a single scream.

Rushing out of the broadcasting room, she notices a liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter