Chapter One

Tell Me Why

Chapter One 


Song Ji-Hyo love vacation days.

This is the time where she can be her real self.

Not an actress that needs to play the role of an ace.

 No cameras. No pretension. Just herself and her favorite place, the beach. 

She pushed her feet further at the sand feeling its grainy texture at her toes.

Smiling as the water slowly creeps into it.  

 

"You surely enjoy this place Ji-Hyo" 

 

She heard a voice behind her back and can't help to smile. 

Ji Hyo slowly turned to look at the man that is making her heart beat faster.
"Jong-kook Oppa. How was the massage?" 

 

The commander let out a childish laugh before sitting beside her.

"It was good. I don't know about Kwang Soo though" 

 

"Hey..." she raised her eyebrows, "What did you do?" 

"I told the masseuse that he likes it hard. The harder the better" 

"Aigoo. Poor Kwang Soo," She let out a giggle while clapping her hands, "I bet he would just endure the massage" 

Jong-kook smiled devilishly, "I chose the most beautiful masseuse. He would not complain to Hye Sung" 

She quickly gazes at him, "Is she really pretty?" 

"Yeah, she is and pretty funny too. I told her about the prank and she's on board. I can't wait to see Kwang Soo." 

 

Crack. 

This familiar sound visited her again and she knew exactly why.

Unlike most people, her feelings for her Oppa began slowly and quietly.

At first, she recognized it as an admiration. 
Not just for Jong-kook but also for her Running Man castmates. All of them are dedicated to giving entertainment through the show and Ji-Hyo admired all of them because of it.  

But when he got severely injured, Ji Hyo noticed her concern for him is different. 

Unlike her other castmates, Ji Hyo made sure to quickly visit her Oppa regardless of how far the hospital is from her shoot. 

Even though the staff already know all of the cast food allergies, Ji Hyo also made sure to know what food they will eat in advance just to make sure it is safe for Jong Kook to it. 

When he was exhausted to death after taping, she requested the cast and the staff to not do any stupid prank so he could sleep properly.

Of course, all of these actions are interpreted and accepted by Jong-kook as a family thing. Everyone show their affections towards each other in different yet numerous ways. She remembered the Commander told the PD in an interview game that his Running Man castmates are his second family, -especially Ji-Hyo.

Apparently, he saw her like an annoying little sister since she's considered as the Ace. 

After the interview, she asked him if he meant it and Jong Kook answered with a quick nod. 

 

Crack.
That's the first time she felt it. The pain stabbing at her chest. And now she heard and felt it again. 

 

"Yeah, Ji-Hyo? Are you listening to me?" 

His cold hands on her cheek snapped her out from her reverie. 

 

"Huh? What are you saying Oppa?" 

Jong-kook let out a sigh, "I said, would you like to walk with me? I want to talk to you about something." 

The commander looks at her. Ji-Hyo doesn't know what but his eyes are different now. 

There is an emotion she can't recognize and it made her uncomfortable.

 

"About what? You're scaring me. What is it?" 

The commander stood up then wipe the sand at his pants with both of his hands.

"I do not know why but I feel that I should tell this to you first"  

He stretches out his hands offering it for her to grab on.

 

Before she can raise her hand, a scream from an angry giraffe both caught their attention. 

"YAH! JONG-KOOK HYUNG! WE NEED TO TALK!"