ONE

Clueless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He lost his parents and his family. The thought of living alone scares him. He is just a cub. He can barely run. He will never make it alone in the wild. He guides himself out of the bushes to look for food. There should be food somewhere. But his small mind couldn't decide if he should eat the green leaves or the one flying in the air. He doesn’t know. He is hungry and confused.

 

His tiny paws walk over the dry leaves, heading nowhere. All he wants is food. He pauses and looks at the green leaves around him. He bravely takes a nip of a leaf and chews it. It tastes weird on his tongue and his teeth can barely get a hold on it.  He spits it out, jumping a step back when the leaf comes out just as how it went inside his mouth.

 

A black bird flies above him and sits on a branch. He looks at it as it tilts his head towards him. He tries jumping at it but it is high up on the branch. The bird watches him and flies away leaving his little heart disappointed.

 

He continues walking aimlessly. He can feel his body getting weak with each passing second. His eyes then spot the same black bird. It whistles to him, flapping its wings. He wobbly runs towards it and the black bird flies, urging him to follow.

 

It whistles urging the small cub to follow. The cub gets more tired, thirsty and hungry. It can barely keep up with the bird’s pace. The bird flies further, getting lost from the cub’s view. The cub stops to take a breath and everything darkens for him.

 

 

--//--

 

 

“Daddy… Who is this?” He asks his father. His father is checking the weird looking creature. It is sleeping and it looks very weird.

 

“I don’t know who this is, Sehun.” His father replies, taking out his glasses to look at Sehun.

 

“What is it?” Sehun asks, taking careful steps towards the cot where the creature is lying. His father takes him and cradles him on his lap. “He is Cheetah Cub.”

 

“Is he like us, daddy?”

 

“No, Sehun. We are Wolves and he is a Cheetah.” 

 

“I don’t know what a Cheetah is.” Sehun mumbles sadly, looking at the sleeping cub. “Will he be like me?” Sehun questions his father again.

 

“We will know more once he is awake.”

 

 

--//--

 

 

He shifts on his back and enjoys the softness underneath his fur. His little paws stretches and his eyes flickers open. His body curls at the sight of an unknown environment. He is not in the jungle. There are no leaves and trees around him. The air smells different. He cannot hear the birds and elephants in distance. He curls himself smaller to the edge.

 

A sudden shrill scares him more. A weird small creature comes to his sight. His tail curls up to his legs in fear and if it could curl more it would. His small mind could not make up his mind of what that creature could be. A bigger version of the creature comes to sight and he whimpers in fear.

 

“Mommy what is happening to him?” The smaller asks the bigger.

 

The creature reaches out a limb towards him, and he whimpers, curling more into the corner. He smells the creature. It smells calm and its blood is warm, just like his mother. The limb slowly touches him and pets him on the head. He feels like crying. This creature is a female, and she is so much like his mother. His eyes get blurry and she whispers something to him, carrying him to her body. He curls to her heart.

 

“Go get your daddy sweetie.” She tells the smaller one and it runs off.

 

 

--//--

 

 

“He likes you, love.” The male speaks as he clings on her chest. The male is looking at him, touching his ears, checking on his fur and his paws. He doesn’t know why the male is doing so but he doesn’t mind as long as he is not harmed. The smallest one among the weird creature comes in with meat.

 

“You should eat.” The big male tells him and gives him a piece of meat. He takes it with his mouth and jumps down the female to hide in the corner to devour his meat. This tastes so much better than the leaf. His teeth work perfectly on the meat, cutting it into pieces. The taste of the meat is so good that he finished it so fast. He looks up to the female and she smiles, giving him more meat.

 

“He likes it.” She smiles, his head.

 

“What is your name?” The smallest of them asks him as he eats. “I am Sehun. What is your name?”

 

He looks up from his meat to the small male. His ears flatten over his head. He doesn’t have a name. Why didn’t his mother give him a name?

 

He continues eating his meat, ignoring the small male. His small mind keeps thinking of a nice name for himself. The small male creature next to him has a name and he should have a name too. He wants a nice name, something like Sehun’s.

 

“Mommy can give you a nice name. Mommy gave me my name.” Sehun tells the cub sitting next to him as the cub finishes his last piece of meat.

 

He looks up to the female who Sehun calls Mommy. “Can I give you a name?” Mommy asks him, smiling so beautifully at him.

“You will be called Jongin. Your name is Jongin.”

 

“That is a beautiful name mommy!”

 

The cub looks at her, mentally repeating his name. “Jongin.”

 

“You like your name don’t you?” Sehun asks, looking as excited as ever. “Jongin Jongin Jongin Jongin….” Sehun chants, giggling happily.

 

 

--//--

 

 

For some reason, the little cub Jongin clings onto the female. He doesn’t want to let her go. She allows him to cling on her without grumbling. Sehun finds the cub adorable but he did question his mother on why is the cub clinging onto her not him.

 

“His instincts tell him I am safe for him, Sehun. You know how it works. He is unfamiliar with everyone.”

 

“Where is daddy?” Sehun asks, as he follows his mother to the room with Jongin in her arms. Sehun keeps his eyes on the cub. The cub is making him very curious. There are a lot of questions in his mind about the cub and Sehun wishes that Jongin is like him so that communication can be a lot easier.

 

“Your father went to meet some of his friends. He wants to know more about Jongin.”

 

Jongin lifts his head at the mention of his name.

 

“I will meet daddy when he comes back. I have a lot to know too.” Sehun speaks, sounding so intellectual than makes his mother chuckle.

 

“What is in your small head Sehun?”

 

“A lot of thing mommy.”

 

 

--//--

 

 

Jongin’s worst nightmare is when he witness Sehun transform into a wolf cub. His fur stands on his body and he runs away hiding behind a tree. Sehun is as small as he is but his fur is white and black. Jongin’s fur is yellow with black spots. Sehun searches for Jongin as far as his eyes can look. He then runs, searching for Jongin. He uses his hearing and smell senses to detect the cub and he finally finds Jongin finding behind the tree.

 

“Why are you hiding?” Sehun asks as he nears the cub. He himself is a cub but his built is much bigger than the cheetah cub.

 

“You are a wolf?”

 

“You talk!!!? You just talked to me?” Sehun screams in his head, tail wagging frantically.

 

Jongin remains silent as he watch the wolf cub go hysterical. He does a few thinking in his head on how the creatures can change into wolves.

 

“Are all wolves like you?” Jongin asks, stopping Sehun from his own excitement.

 

“Oh God Jongin you are really talking!” Sehun jumps on him, tackling him to the ground. Jongin jumps out of Sehun’s hold and runs off to the house. Jongin is thankful that Sehun could not keep up with his speed. Jongin runs into Sehun’s father and the male lifts Jongin up, smiling brightly at Jongin.

 

“You are having fun are you?” he asks, and lets go of Jongin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter