CHAPTER 8

BEHIND THIS MASK

 

No! I can’t get fired now. I need to stay here for my thesis. And I need my salary since school has started.

Cheun Ah was in a state of panic. She can’t lose her job now. The salary she receives from her job at the coffee shop is used for her sisters’ allowances. If she loses her job now, she can’t give them any money for their school expenses. As for her, she still needs the job for her ongoing thesis.

 

Panic was written all over Cheun Ah’s face and Byunghee didn’t miss it. He was serious when he told her that she is fired. He doesn’t like it when people don’t follow rules and regulations. Cheun Ah is pretty and all but it doesn’t make her an exception.

But why do I feel guilty about firing her?

 

She was biting her lower lip hard to prevent herself from crying. She may look cold and tough outside but deep inside, she was scared as hell when her sisters are involved. She wanted to slap herself for being too arrogant a while ago. And whether that Byunghee guy is the owner or just a mere customer, what he said was true.

Pabo Cheun Ah! It’s your fault anyway so why cry now?

 

Byunghee was about to leave when Joon came up to him. He whispered something on his ears that made him scrunch his eyebrows. Cheun Ah heard the faint whispers of the two guys talking.

“What? Mom hired her? She didn’t tell me anything.”

“Well, she did hyung. You can’t just fire her now. Aunt Yang is her thesis adviser and working part time here is part of her thesis class.”

“Fine. I’ll talk to Mom about this. For now, she can stay until I haven’t talked to mom yet.”

 

When Byunghee finally left, Joon came to her and told her that she can stay.

“Byunghee hyung is a very rational guy so he allowed you stay. He said that once he had talked it over to his Mom, he can’t officially fire you yet.”

 

Byunghee was about to call their Mon when Seungho called him. Seungho called to remind her about the get together tonight. He still has a long way to go so he just decided to talk to their Mom when they get home.