CHAPTER 19

BEHIND THIS MASK

 

i can't update any more today cause i have a date. kekeke. so here is a little DooSeob update. enjoy reading!

oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! *fireworks*

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Doojoon and Seobie arrived at IAUS. It's been a week since the maknae of the Yang brothers started courting IAUS' most priced HRM major student.

Everyone can't hide their amusement of the suddenly blooming relationship of the two. They are completely the exact opposite of the other. Doojoon was known to be a "playboy", a happy - go - lucky type of guy, friendly and outgoing, and a "spoiled brat", being the youngest among the sons of one of Korea's noble family. Seobie on the other hand was known to be a very simple, prim and proper type of girl, cold towards others yet very courteous.

Over the week, they saw a lot of change in both their behaviors. They tend to be the exact opposite of the people who they got used to. They aren't doing PDA and all, but the students, even the teachers could see the sudden changes in them. It was something that most, if not everyone, were really curious yet fascinated about. Doojoon was always in class, listening attentively (not that he wasn't before) but he was more eager to come to class than usual. He never accepted any invitation from some random girls to hang out, and even rejected some invites to clubbing and such. Seobie on the other hand, continues to be diligent with school  works, but she seemed more bright and less aloof with others. She even starts having little conversations with other students.

A lot of guys and girls alike were jealous that the girl and guy of their dreams were already dating someone. Though bitter, they are happy that they are happy.

 

"Joonie oppa, I might leave school later than usual. The class is planning a trip to Jeju Isand next week and we'll be going through the details after class. Maybe you should go on ahead and not wait for me anymore." Seobie said while Doojoon was walking her to her next class.

"It's fine Seo. I'll wait for you by the parking lot, okay?" Doojoon smiled at her. She smiled back and gave him a peck on the cheek. Doojoon chuckled and gave her one as well. They reached her class and gave each other a brief goodbye.

"Call me when you need me. Okay? Take care Beauty." Doojoon said, caressing her cheeks.

"I will Beast. Take care as well." She replied back with a smile.

 

Doojoon started walking towards his class. He was wearing a very broad smile on his lips. This was the first time someone made him very overly protective. Not that he wasn't protective of his parents, specially his mother, and his brothers. Of course they are family, but she is different. He remembered the incident last week.

 

Doojoon's class ended an hour earlier than usual. His subject professor had something important to do so he left class early. He decided to visit Seobie on the other side of his class building. He decided to take a walk instead of bringing his car since it's still early before her class ends. He was near the HRM building when he saw her. He was about to call her when two other students seemed to be harassing her. She was ignoring the students but he can feel she was uneasy.

"Yah!" He called as he approached her and the two students.

When they saw him, they moved a bit further away from Seobie. He held Seobie's hand and pulled her behind him.

"What are you doing to her? Huh?! Answer me!" He shouted, demanding an explanation. Seobie held his hand firmly, asking him to cool down.

"W - we ju - just wanted her pi - picture for the universi - university paper." One guy spoke. He glared at him and he scooted a little further.

"Ye - yeah! Bu - but she doe - doesn't want to. So we kept on following her." The other added.

Doojoon lifted Seobie's chin to look at her in the eyes.

"Gwenchana Beauty?" He said very calmly. She nodded her head. He hugged her and she hugged him back.

"I'm okay Beast. I'm just not used to being around strangers. Don't worry, just let them be. They mean no harm." She replied as she caressed his cheeks.

"Okay. You two, go on ahead as if nothing had happened." He looked at the two guys who were stunned.

"Tha - thank you wang ja." They said as they left them.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He said and hugged her.

"I am. Promise. Thank you, Beast. It suits you, considering what you did a while ago." She said, smiling at him.

"Of course. I'll always be the Beast for my Beauty." He said, smiling back.

 

That day, they became Beauty and the Beast. When he was young, he enjoyed watching fairytales. He liked the how the princes were portrayed in the stories. Growing up, he learned to be a woman's "knight in shining armor" especially to his mother. He would always be by her side, making sure she was okay, that nothing would happen to her. That was why his mother had always been very fond of him. His brothers were proud of him as well, knowing he'd grow up to be a gentleman.

This side of him was misinterpreted by others. He was branded as a playboy due to his being gentlemanly, and being close to girls. Almost everyone believed that every girl he becomes close with becomes his flings or others even believed becomes his girlfriends. He's just too mature to fight back so he ignores whatever assumptions they have. As long as he and his family know what is true, it's all that matters.

 Right now, what he feels for Seobie, is true and genuine.