CHAPTER 17

BEHIND THIS MASK

 

GOING TO IAUS...

 

 

"Seobie- ah, do you think your sisters like me?" Doojoon asked her while driving to school.

 

"Of course they do, you silly beast." He smiled at her reply as he remembered what happened a few days ago.

 

 

Doojoon went to Seobie's house to fetch her for another "friendly date". He knocked on the door and a tall, beautiful woman answered his knock.

 

"Oh, Doojoonie. Come in." The woman smiled and opened the door for him. He looked around the house before setting in on the couch.

 

"Seo baby, your date is here" The woman called on his "date". He grinned at the thought.

 

"Unnie, we're just going out on a friendly date." Seobie replied while going down the stairs.

 

She was wearing a pink dress with a black ribbon as belt. She paired it with a pair of black high-heeled shoes.

 

   

 

"It's still a date unnie." Mireu chuckled out of nowhere.

"Alright. But it’s still a friendly one." Seobie mehronged and hit Mireu playfully.

It's the first time in such a long time since Cheun Ah last saw her sister smile with others. Ever since the accident two years ago, she only smiles when she is with them. Now, she found her source of happiness besides them.

The two were ready so they bid goodbye and left for their "friendly date".

That same night, Doojoon asked Seobie if he can be her suitor. That same night, she agreed.

 

"What's with the weird grin oppa?" Seobie hit him playfully on the shoulder.

"Nothing. Just thinking about what will happen when you say yes to me." He chuckled. 

Seobie blushed and smiled.

I wonder too.

 

 

AT SU...

 

"Mireu baby!" Hyunseung came running down the hallway to greet her friend.

"Seungie, what's with the hyperactivity? Where's Hyungie?" Mireu laughed.

"He went to the library. He said he saw your notebook down at the USC office." Hyunseung grinned.

"Eh?! Don't tell me Seungho sunbae-nim took it again by mistake." She said, eyes popping out of their sockets.

"Probably. I heard he's there already." Hyunseung dragged her towards the USC office.

 

Hyunseung knocked for her and quickly ran away. Mireu was left dumb founded.

."Oh, hey Mireu. You must be here for your notebook. Come in and make yourself comfortable." She sat on the couch for visitors and surveyed the place.

The room was quite big, has an aircon unit, a flat screen tv, a desktop (for the USC secretary), a laptop (for him) and a few more unknown gadgets.

Seungho returned with her notebook in hand. She was about to get it from him when he spoke.

"How about I walk you to class?" Seungho smiled. Mireu was dumb struck.

 

 

AT PARK'S RESIDENCE...

 

It's 3 in the afternoon when Cheun Ah decided to take a break from her thesis. Her headache was slowly fading and she was glad that she can go to the coffee shop tomorrow. She decided to prepare some snacks when the door bell rang. She quickly went to answer the door. She smiled at her visitor.

"Oppa, I thought debate ends at 4? And why are you here?" She asked. He helped him with his things as they entered the house.

"I don't need to attend the awarding ceremony. I could just come by and get the trophy. Someone called in sick so I had to take care of her." HE said as he ruffled Cheun Ah's hair.

"Yah! You know I could take care of myself." She smiled. "Still, thank you for the concern." She gave him a friendly peck on the cheek.

Byunghee took out the snacks he bought. He placed them on the dining table and waited until she had removed all her things in the table.

"Cheunie, I brought you kimbap. I remembered how you enjoyed them last time."

 

"GO oppa, I'm hungry." Cheun Ah said after they left the coffee shop. Byunghee offered to drive her home since it's late.

"Why didn't get something from the shop? You know you have one free meal there every day." He replied as they we're making their way to her house.

"I ate mine during snack." She whined. Along the road, she saw a mini stand and asked Byunghee to stop.

"I'll buy something to eat first. Please wait for a while." She said and left Byunghee on his bike.

She came back with a container of kimbap and handed some to him.

"Twaisht itch. Itch tshaisht sho gooshd" She said with food on .

"Yah! Don't you know the saying "Don't talk when your mouth is full"?" He laughed and took a bite of the food.

After eating, they went straight to her house. They bid each other good night and Cheun Ah reminded Byunghee to take care and be safe going home.

 

Cheu Ah came out of the living room and went directly to the kitchen.

"Really? Just in time. I'm craving for it!" She said and sat on the chair facing him.

"So, how was the debate?" Byunghee told her all about what happened. She's really proud of him. She couldn't ask for a better bestfriend.

Bestfriend? Stop lying to yourself Cheun Ah. Pabo!