CHAPTER 16

BEHIND THIS MASK

 

ONE WEEK LATER...

 

A red sports car stopped at the Park's front porch early morning. A guy in IAUS uniform went out of the car and walk towards the house. He rang the bell and waited for someone to answer.

"Morning Beauty." A girl came in view and she opened the door. He gave her a peck on the cheek as he was greeted back.

"Morning Beast." 

 

"Who was that?" Cheun Ah peeked from the kitchen to see who came. Mireu who just woke up, came down stairs and answered her sister.

"It's Seobie-unnie's boyfriend." she answered with a yawn.

"Yah! He's not my boyfriend yet. He's just a very persistent suitor." Seobie replied with a giggle.

"Don't forget the good looking part." Doojoon added. Seobie, who was laughing, gave him a slight slap on the shoulder.

"Unnie, Doojoonie and I are going to school now." Seobie gave each of her sisters a peck on their cheek before leaving.

"Take care of her Joonie. Drive carefully!" Cheun Ah shouted before getting Mireu's breakfast ready.

Doojoon smiled and gave her a salute.

 

"Unnie, I can't find my notebook anywhere." Mireu shouted while looking around her room for her notebook.

"I didn't see you last night carrying it. You must've left it at school." Cheun Ah replied.

"I guess so. By the way unnie, remember one of the school's band that I told you about? The one where I auditioned as a rapper? I got accepted." Mireu can't wipe the smile off her face as she told her sister about the news.

"That's great baby girl! I knew you could do it. Congratulations!" Cheun Ah embraced her little sister and gave her a pat on the head.

"They said we'll be practicing for next week's school festival so I might be home late tonight. Is it okay unnie?" As expected from Mireu, she asked for her sister's approval first before agreeing to her band mates. She wouldn't want her to be worried of her whereabouts.

"Of course. Just make sure to call me, oaky?" Cheun Ah reminded her. 

"Yes unnie. No need to worry." Mireu smiled.

"Okay. You better get ready for school." Mireu nodded and started to get ready.

 

Cheun Ah was alone at home after Mireu left for school. She wasn't feeling good that morning. She apologized to Joon hat she cannot come to help him out. Joon said it was okay and she should have a rest. She then called Mrs. Yang and told her that she cannot come to the coffee shop. Instead, she'll just be doing the first chapters of her thesis for her proposal defense the coming week. 

"I'm sorry about the sudden change of plans seonsaeng-nim" Cheun Ah said apologetically.

"It's nothing Cheun Ah-ssi. Have a rest, okay?" She could hear the concern at her adviser's voice.

"Yes Ma'am. Thank you. I'll be okay by tomorrow." she said in reply. They both hang up after a brief goodbye.

 

*KRING* *KRING*

She was half-way through the first chapter of her thesis when her phone rang.

"Yeobseoyo?"

"Hey Cheun Ah. I heard that you weren't feeling well."

Cheun Ah smiled at the concern in his voice. Ever since they've decided to be friends, they became instant best friends. They always hang out at the coffee shop after school and started calling each other from time to time. Those who would see them would even think that they are together.

"It's just some headache. No big deal. Good luck on your debate later. I wish I could come but this headache doesn't want me too." 

"Just have some rest. I'll just tell you the details. Thanks Cheunie." 

"It's nothing oppa. I know you'll win anyway."

"Alright. Don't forget to drink medicine and lots of water okay?"

"Neh. Thanks GO oppa, Bye"

"Bye Cheunie."

She got back to her thesis with a smile on her face.