CHAPTER 13

BEHIND THIS MASK

Cheun Ah decided to go for a walk. She left a note at the kitchen table, telling Seobie that if ever she gets hungry, there's a plate of spaghetti at the fridge. 

The incident that afternoon brought her back to her memories from a month ago.

 

"May I know your name, miss?" a guy in black leather jacket asked her.

"My name is Cheun Ah. It's written in my nameplate sir. Is there anything else I can get you sir?" she asked.

She was left alone at the coffee shop that day since Joon went out to do some errands. This was the 1st guy customer she had catered to. Usually, Joon was the one who does the serving to guy customers.

"I'm sorry I didn'r read it. I was distracted by your chest." the guy smirked. It was the 1st time somebody talked to her that way and it disgusted and scared her at the same time. 

"I'll just return with your order." she turned her back to head back to the counter when the guy suddenly d her cheek.

"Hey! What's wrong with you, you ert!" she shouted at the man. She wouldn't let her tears fall just yet. She had to remain composed and strong.

The guy smirked again and tried to come closer when luckily, Joon came just in time. He pulled the guy away from Cheun Ah's view and pushed him to the floor and punched him until his nose bled.

"Get out of here ! And don't you dare come back!" Joon shouted as the guy went off, limping.

She thanked Joon for coming in time and excused herself. She wouldn't allow anyone to see her tears, even though she knows Joon knows. Cheun Ah's tears finally escaped her eyes as she cried silently at the kitchen. 

 

From that day, she never wore her nameplate ever again. That was the main reason why she suddenly got mad at Byunghee. Her mind was clouded with that memory that she had forgotten that the guy in front of her wasn't that same guy from way back. 

She shed her unwanted tears in silence, looking over the Han River. It was her place of comfort when she had to gather her composure before facing her sisters and telling them her problems. The breeze of the night air and the smell of the water gives her  that calming feeling she needs. 

 

A few moments went by and she decided to return home. She was walking along the road when a familiar figure stood in front of her and smirked.