Chapter 43

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas and New Year were exactly what I wanted them to be.  Full of love and memories. 

It was exactly what our relationship needed after being made public, and going through an intense period of working, and because of the upcoming work I had. 

We had our Japanese album drop in January, then a whole flurry of award shows I was expected to attend, and at the end of January a massive tour around Japan that would take up huge amounts of time.  In between then I had to come back to Seoul and record my video for my solo album which wasn’t due to come out until later in the year. 

Jen had asked me if it was ok that her sister finally came to visit.  She planned to come straight from Canada in early January and stay for a while before going back to England.  She could also work from home now, so work wouldn’t be a problem for her.  Jen had not seen her sister in over a long time, since just after her husband died, and although I didn’t need convincing she told me if her sister was here, then she wouldn’t be so lonely while I had all the commitments in Japan, she would stay behind in Korea.  Although I didn’t like the idea of leaving her for long periods, she did have a point that it would give the fans and the media less chance to photograph us and make up stories about us.

 

At one of the promotions for the album that was released I told Kibum and Jonghyun about her sister arriving in a few days’ time.

‘Oh my god this is so exciting.’ Squealed Key, ‘Let’s go to dinner, let’s make a big deal.’

‘Yes’ chorused Jonghyun, who was equally as excited.  ‘She loves her sister, and her sister is the one who liked us first, so I believe we have a lot to thank her for.’ He winked at me.

‘Sure, but let’s not go crazy ok?’ I told them.  Secretly I was a little worried her sister wouldn’t like me.  I had kind of met her over video calls Jen frequently made to her, but it wasn’t exactly the same.  Jen and her sister had arranged to stay in a security guarded apartment close to the dorms.  I didn’t feel safe having them stay alone in my house, not when fans knew she was there, and alone, and she didn’t want to stay in the dorms again after having spent so much time there last year.  Plus, it wasn’t like a hotel and the managers wouldn’t exactly be thrilled.  She originally wanted to stay in a different apartment building, but when I looked at it I said absolutely not.  She shyly told me it was the only thing they could afford, so I spent the rest of the day fighting with her to let me pay for it so I knew they were safe.  I wasn’t going to budge on her safety so she eventually had to give in. 

It was weird for me going back to the dorms alone.  It was even weirder to see her move all her stuff into a strange apartment.  It was the first time we had not lived together in almost a year and I wasn’t sure I generally liked the whole idea. 

‘So, I’ll stay with you in the new place for a few nights from tomorrow, ok?’ I told her as she wandered around my bedroom packing up her things, which had grown in number since she arrived in Korea.

‘Yes my love.’ She said distractedly.  Throwing things in to the suitcase.

I reached out and grabbed her waist as she tried to wander past me.  I pulled her down onto my lap and nuzzled into her neck.

‘I hate this.’ I mumbled against her skin.

She giggled. ‘I know you do, you told me 100 times a day since we arranged it.’

‘But I want you all to myself all the time.’ I kept whining.

She giggled as I tickled her neck.  ‘I want you all to myself too, but you have many fans who I have to share you with, you’re only competing with my sister.’

‘Hmmm’ I huffed letting her go and seemingly surprising her.

‘What’s that mean?’ she asked sounding a little hurt.

‘Nothing,’ I told her lying.  It had crossed my mind I was sharing her with Chanyeol at times, but I didn’t want to tell her that and sound jealous.  They’re friends, I kept telling myself trying again to find some peace with it and failing.

She pouted but she didn’t bring it up, even though I could tell by the look on her face she knew I had just lied to her. 

‘Are you sure she’s going to like me?’ I yelled at her as she was taking things out from the bathroom.

‘Yes, I’m sure.  Why are you so worried?’ she asked sounding frustrated with me.  I shrugged in response.  I couldn’t really tell her why I was worried.  I generally felt uncomfortable around new people, so I put my worried down to that.

‘She’s just like me Tae.’ She squeezed my shoulder as she passed me. 

‘So she knows she’s being picked up at the airport right?’ I pressed on with my inane questioning knowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter