Convictions Getting Firmer By Time.

Why Did I Fall In Love With YOU? (Alternate Ending Series - ONGOING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Joon lost consciousness, it didn't take long for you to respond.

 

You rapidly moved and took your phone out, punching the numbers to call for an ambulance.

 

“Kris-sshi, please help me carry him back to lie on someplace else. Bomi, don't just stand there! Help me!”

 

Both of them were stunned but still, instead of just staying in a state of shock, they did their part as well.

 

Kris had carried Joon and slung one arm on him while you took the other.

 

Bomi, on the other hand, went over the front desk of the venue to ask for help.

 

As soon as she came back, what baffled and enraged her was the scene she came to . . .

 

. . . You holding and caressing Joon's head gently on your lap, your face filled with full worry and utmost concern.

 

“-ah, what do you think you're doing?!”

 

The moment Bomi's piercing voice reached your ears, you need not to even meet her eyes to get slapped squarely on your face.

 

As you held your stinging and warm cheek, Kris directly stood in between you and Bomi before the latter could even attack you further.

 

“Stop it. That won't cause any of us any good. It won't save Joon. With all due respect, can't you just wait for ambulance PEACEFULLY Miss Yoon?”

 

Praise the Kris' Almighty y Mode . . . for it had saved you from another problem.

 

Instead of talking back, Bomi was intimidated enough by Kris' height and sudden aura to keep her from clawing your face off. After sensing how his mini-threat worked on Bomi, Kris took his seat on the sofa across.

 

“Just tell that woman that she should know her place and keep her hands off MY Joon.”

 

That was enough of a warning and a wake-up call for you to let go of Joon . . . PHYSICALLY.

 

As you took your seat beside Kris, and across the two, you felt too uneasy to be true. As if something was eating at your insides hard that distracted you to even pay attention Kris.

 

Meanwhile, Kris, who had been sitting all too quietly as he watched how the three of you interacted, also share din his own misery . . .

 

. . . Just by watching you look so lovingly and warmly at Joon,

 

It made him feel like someone had broken his ribs and stabbed his lungs with those bones.

 

Silence coated the space and just when things were about to get more awkward . . .

 

As if on cue, the ambulance finally came, signalling that whatever was about to happen should be prevented even before it could start. The assistants and nurses started attending and carrying him onto a stretcher and slid him to the van. Just before the vehicle could go off, one of the nurses turned to the three. “Which one of you three is coming?” He asked. In a breath, you were about to hop in the van if you were the same person from two years ago. However, what you did was just freeze in place, as if the question drained had drained all of your energy at a blink. As soon as Bomi came to her senses, before you could even come up with your own actions, she sprang up on her spot and sat in the van.

 

“Me. I'm coming with him. I am after all HIS GIRLFRIEND and HIS FIANCEE. Please, let's take him to the hospital now.”

 

And with that, the van's door slammed shut right in front of you and Kris, as if it mocked you for such weakness. Little by little, you traced back mentally how you've acted minutes ago. 'That was just...all to save a person in need. No more, no less. That's all, okay Lee ? You'd better not overthink all of this.' You thought and chanted mentally. A moment before you could even remember that Kris had been with you the whole time, the touch of his hand gently tapping your shoulder suddenly relieved you of your mini-amnesia.

 

“Are you okay, -ah?”

 

You wasted no time as the realization hit you – you had acted a bit harshly awhile ago, to think you even yelled at your boss-slash-boyfriend. “I...I'm sorry...Kris. I didn't mean to-” You stuttered before getting enough strength and courage from nowhere as you raised your head up and met his eyes. The instant you saw how his eyes still bore the same sincerity and care from even before both of you came upon Joon and Bomi. However, as much as you hated being sorry for yourself, Kris felt bad as well. Not only did your first date get such an awkward twist, but it also had to end up back to square one with him and you.

 

“-ah...it's okay. You don't have to apologize. After all, you did what has to be done. It's still just our first date, right?”

 

He ducked down, enough to have his head on the same level as yours, giving you no escape to hide your expressions. “You don't have to say sorry for saving his life.” He gave you all the reassurance he could, despite the fact that back from when you ran to Joon's side, held and treated Joon like he was the only person you were seeing around the world – it made him crumble silently inside. But knowing Kris, he had a good dose of his manly pride enough to fuel him up, enough to keep him from evidently breaking apart in front of you.

 

“B-But-” You were about to protest but he had silenced you by placing his index finger on your lips, giving them a gentle pat. “C'mon. I guess tonight's events were enough for a date.” He softly spoke, making you feel how part of Kris was badly affected by how you had acted towards Joon moments ago. As he momentarily broke contact, the guilt feelings in you just intensified because you swore that even in such a split second, you saw how Kris was trying to mask away the fact that what he had witnessed DID break him.

 

 

“Miss, your boyfriend will be alright soon. He just suffered a mild concussion. Might I ask whether the patient has had a previous record of a brain injury?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter