Chapter 9~ Debut

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ 2 Months Later~

It’s here. Our debut.

    I breathe in. I breathe out.

    This stage will be one that none of us forget for the rest of our lives. It all begins today. Rehearsal went well, no mistakes. Just fine-tuning to be worked for our performance.

    The lights come up. My eyes lock with the camera set directly on my face. I hear the music pulsing through my in-ear. I see fans bouncing to the beat. Soon enough, my stage persona takes over as I begin the first verse.

    As the members and I switch positions and formations through the choreography, I keep in mind the comments that were made while monitoring the rehearsal. Keep your facials active. Don’t let them see your focused face. Remember to breathe properly so you have enough support for the last run.

    We reach the bridge where our maknae starts off softly to build up to my entrance. My vocal run sails smoothly and leaves me satisfied to move on worry-free for the last chorus of the song. I end with the last line, simply because it’s in english and my pronunciation is the best. The crowd chants our group name over and over until the staff say recording has finished and we may leave the stage.

    As we walk off stage, I hear one of the twins-Alya-exclaim, “Hey! You.” She grabs Sophi by the shoulder, yanking her around to meet eyes. “You need to watch where you’re going. You can’t just back up right onto me. Every time during the chorus I get stuck between you and the dancers behind me and I have no room to move my arms.”

    “Sorry,” Sophi apologizes softly, bowing.

    “Don’t do it again.”

    “Hey, come on. You guys, we just DEBUTED. That’s amazing! We should be happy, this is a good moment and a memory that will last forever. No fights just for today at least,” I say, feeling that my leadership responsibilities were needed at that moment.

    “Sorry,”Alya starts, “I guess I’m just kind of emotional.”

    “I’m going to call my mom quick,” I announce, leaving the backstage area. I press her contact in my ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter