Chapter 8~ Hotel Room

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    We’ve arrived. Already checked in to the hotel, everyone is vegging out in each other’s rooms to kick back since we’ve got a couple of days until the concert. Of course, one of those days will be busy with rehearsal but today is our day to relax. Rehearsal isn’t as strict since we’ve performed and practiced this concert countless times already.

    Minni and I sit alone in our room for the time being because we don’t want to participate in the drinking the rest of the dancers are doing in the other rooms. One group of our guys walks past our open door. I shout, “Where are you guys headed?”

    “Smoke break,” Hoon says, poking his head in our doorway, “when we’re done, I think we’re getting pizza. Want some?”

    “Yes!” Minni yells from her bed on the far end of the room

    “Okay, we’ll bring it to you then.”

    “Thank you!” I shout at him as he follows the rest of the group down the hall. Shortly after they’re gone, I receive a message.

 

Taemin:    Are you in your room?

                Can Minho and I come hang out?

 

“Is it okay if Tae and Minho come down here?” I ask Minni.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.”

 

Cheyenne:  Sure, as long as you bring something fun to do. We have nothing.

 

    It doesn’t take long before both of them are at our door and I notice that they’re empty-handed.

    “I thought I told you to bring something fun? Didn’t I?”

    “We did,” Minho says, matter-of-factly, “the two of us!” He finishes by framing his face with his hands underneath his chin.

    “Yah, Choi Minho. Haven’t you heard that you two are the least fun members out of SHINee?” Minni states.

    “Yah, why are you speaking so informally? I’m older than you, you know.” Minho refutes. Meanwhile, Taemin and I sit and watch the argument unravel in front of us. Minni attacks next with a bit of aegyo.

    “Can’t you let it pass just this once? We’re both Min-Min so can’t you allow it? One time?” She tilts her head and smiles wide, turning her eyes into crescent moons. Her face doesn’t really suit aegyo well, but her actions overshadow the appearance.

    Minho, being entirely shameless, attacks right back. His voice reaches a higher pitch as he says, “Just this once, and we’re more than Min-Min. We’re 3Min,” pointing at Taemin.

    Jokingly, I insert, “Okay, I understand. I’ll be leaving then.” I start for the door when I feel a hand grip my shoulder and pull me back. Turning around, I see that it’s Taemin and his hand begins to slide down to my arm, grabbing me and dragging me back to the room. He sits on the bed across from Minni and motions for me to do the same. I sit to his right as Minho sits straight across from me and next to Minni.

    “Come on, Cheyenne. You know that we’re just joking.” Taemin says, while draping his arm across my shoulders, squeezing me closer to his chest. Instead of remaining quiet and allowing my blush to be revealed, I shoot daggers at Minho.

“I don’t think he is. I’m pretty sure he’s dead serious about this 3Min thing.”

“You’re right. Please leave.” Minho says, his voice entirely serious yet his face shows that his statement was sarcasm. His hand motions for the door waving away twice, as if he’s shooing me.

Minni, coming to my rescue says, “Minho-ssi, you’re not funny.”

“Yeah hyung. We like Cheyenne anyway.” His grip never leaves my shoulders. In fact, his other arm grabs around front pulling me into a complete hug. All I can do is smile shyly.

“Me too, Taemin,” Minni says, joining us and creating a group hug.

“Okay, okay. Sorry Cheyenne, you’re pretty cool.” Minho comes over to join the hug, but squeezes the life out of the rest of us. I’m not sure whether to hate him for crushing my bones in the way they shouldn’t be, or to thank him for creating a close version of skinship between Taemin and I, his cheek currently pressed tightly against my forehead.  

Minni is first to break from the hug, playfully gasping for air in order to yell at Minho for the ‘attempted strangulation.’ To pass the time, the four of us take turns choosing a song to listen to and occasionally dance along to. When we’re not singing along, the conversation overall is fairly light until Minho reveals some information that wasn’t meant to be shared yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter