Chapter 6~ Actually

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Actually… Kai and I...”

Still, she looks at me with that expression that I cannot dissect. I wait for her to complete her sentence, but instead we just stand looking at each other for a solid minute.

She sighs. “It’s hard to explain, Cheyenne. We-we’re kind of…”

“Kind of what?”

“Seeing each other? But without physically seeing each other,” she explains. “He confessed to me and I told him that I feel the same way, but it’s not like we can date. So, we agreed that we’d spend time with each other as long as it’s with other friends or in private.”

“Wait, but how long has this been going on? Last time you guys saw each other I was the one convincing you to keep talking to him.”

“We decided it over the phone, in Santiago.”

“Girl. Why didn’t you tell me? I’ve been giving you space for your secret conversations, but how come you kept this a secret?”

“I’m sorry, Cheyenne. I thought you weren’t interested because you always walked away when I called him. Also, I knew you were still talking to that Jungin guy and I was the one that told you it wasn’t a good idea to date an idol so I guess I felt kind of guilty.”

I wait a beat to think before speaking. “Okay, it’s fine. I guess I’m-or I was- just a little confused. A lot has happened today.” We begin to navigate the halls to get to the exit.

“What do you mean? Does it have to do with Jungin?” she inquires.

“Yes? And kind of not really?” she shoots me a confused look. “Well apparently I haven’t been texting Jungin.”

“What? Was it one of his friends?”

I finish explaining as we exit the building to get to the dancer van on the far end of the parking lot. “No. It was actually Taemin’s number. I have no clue how the heck we ended up texting and I’m not sure how I confused his number with Jungin’s. Also, I’m completely lost on the fact that I never found out it was him until TODAY and he didn’t discover that I thought I was texting someone other than him.”

“Whoa. Girl, that’s freaky. But- you’ve been talking to Taemin this whole time?” I nod.

“I guess so. I wondered why he’d told me to call him oppa-”

“He told you to call him oppa?!”

“-and speak informally.”

“AND drop formalities? Girl, I don’t even call Kai ‘oppa’ when I’m talking to him.”

We reach the van and once we’re boarded, we just wait for our leader to get in before we take off for the hotel.

Minni quickly falls asleep on my left shoulder once we start driving. The ride is long an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter