Chapter 2~SHINee World Concert III

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minni approaches a couple of fans sitting near us and asks if they wouldn’t mind giving us one of their lightsticks. They don’t even bother responding and just give her a dirty look before turning away.

“Seriously? That’s your plan? It’ll never work-I mean who the heck is going to give up their lightstick at a concert?” I ask before Minni pouts and me, then turns around, spotting a group of three guys-each with a lightstick.

“Jackpot!” Minni exclaims before approaching the guys and attempting to sweet talk them into giving up two lightsticks. Dang, I think, she may actually manage to make this work. She approaches the group and only one of the guys is clearly uninterested, ignoring her completely. Whereas the other two are practically drooling. I don’t blame them. These stage costumes are made to flatter our assets.

Suddenly, Minni turns and points at me. I can see the expressions on the two guys’ faces turn from excitement to disinterest. Feeling my own expression turn sour, I spin in my seat in order to not show them how bitter I am. Not too long afterward, Minni returns to my side. I look for the lightsticks in her hand but she gives me a look that shows she was unsuccessful.

“Heol. Did they really not give you their sticks because they think I’m ugly? Because they were totally going to give them to you before you showed them that I was your friend.” I say, feeling even more bitter than I was before.

“No, no. That wasn’t it at all. They said that they would have but they can’t give or trade lightsticks with anyone because of the surprise event-whatever that is.” I give her a questioning look but she just returns the same expression back to me and shrugs.

I cross over her to the aisle and make my way to the boys she was just talking to. “Well let’s go ask then.” When she doesn’t get up, I grab her wrist to drag her along. “There’s no way I’m going alone, I already know that they don’t like me.” She sighs, but comes with me anyway.

I bend over next to their seats and ask, “Excuse me, but my friend said there was a surprise event? What is that?” At first the two guys who spoke to Min-ni seem uninterested until she appears over my shoulder, but I notice that the third guy with them has now tuned in to the conversation and continues to look at me, avoiding eye contact with me every time I glance at him. I can’t help but smirk to myself. Hah, I guess everyone has different tastes. They continue to explain that during Colorful, they are all assigned different colored lightsticks and SHINee doesn’t know that the fans are doing this. We both nod in response. That’s awesome. Even we didn't know about the event, being half fans/half staff.

As we’re about to head back to our seats, the guy on the end (I’d like to refer to him as my guy) asks, “So why are you guys dressed up like that?” as he observes our somewhat overdressed attire.

“Oh we’re backup dancers,” I respond and we receive a crazy reaction from them. They all begin speaking at once so I’m only able to hear a few of their comments.

“Whoa that’s cool.”

“We’ll be looking for you!”

“Yeah we’ll cheer really loud!”

Min-ni and I both chuckle a little and head back to our seats as Runaway comes to an end. Almost perfect timing. Quickly before the lights go down on the audience, I run to the spot between the audience seating and the stage where I see a familiar staff member holding a bin of lightsticks. I call for her and she recognizes me as a dancer, giving me a small smile. I ask her if I’m allowed to grab two lightsticks and she lets me. So, I run back to my seat but the lights go down as I’m halfway there. With my eyes not yet adjusted to the dark, I stumble around a bit, but eventually I make it back to my seat, only missing a bit of the opening vcr which I’ve already seen like 5 times during the rehearsal. I see Minni taking off her shoes and do the same because there's no way I’m attending a concert in heels.Plus we still need to be able to dance in them later. My heart begins to race as I hear the beginning notes of Spoiler build. Unexpectedly, Jonghyun jumps up out of nowhere and fireworks are shot off. Daeeeebak.

~~~

Evil was perfect. I don’t know what Taemin was so worried about. I couldn’t take my eyes off him for the entire time. Especially when they all lifted their shirts. You can bet I froze, but my eyes didn’t as they continued to follow that black-haired man for the rest of the song. Heck, I watched him, alone, for pretty much the rest of the set. Soon enough, the vcr that signals it’s time for Min-ni and I to head backstage appears on screen so we pop our shoes back on and make our way back. There is a small screen that allows us to watch the beginning of Girls Girls Girls while we wait to get to our positions. The song has a super cute story and an easy but adorable dance that Minni and I mimic until the boys hit the last pose. Then, things move pretty quickly from there. The stage is lowered for the members to quickly change into their jackets for Queen of New York and then get back on stage again. While all of this is happening, us dancers find our spots on stage and ensure that all of the props are in their appropriate places. Every dancer is responsible for either props, handing an umbrella to SHINee when it’s time, or grabbing it from them when the song is over. Minni and I take our seats and wait for the song cue when we walk across the stage in order for the members to give reactions to us. That was also a part of training… walking. When they say idol training is detailed, they don’t joke around. Everyone is required to take either the female or male walking course at some point before their debut. Minni and I decided we’d use the ‘casual supermodel’ for this performance.

Once we’re finished, Minni and I grab our assigned props and put them away, realizing that if we try to go back out to watch, we’ll miss a good chunk of songs, so we just decide to watch the next set on the screen mounted backstage where the rest of the dancers have been watching.

When Symptoms is getting close to the end, we grab our costumes for our next set to change into.While we’re walking to the rooms, Minni forgets her hat and runs back to grab it, giving her large bubble dress to me to hold. When I say large I mean this pile of costumes is now big enough to block my view of anything eye level in front of me.

I reach the hallway with the changing rooms and suddenly I can’t remember which side the girls’ changing room was on. I try to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter