Chapter 13~ This is Big !

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“… What do you mean I’m not going to Japan?”

“I mean you’re not going. They’ve already recruited a replacement for you on the tour. You can’t afford to go off now, your group needs you and you can practice here instead.” Sungjae affirms on the other line. I consider just hanging up, but I know that’d be immature and not end well for me, so I just it up and keep listening. “I know you’re not happy with me right know, but I don’t know what else to tell you. You’ve been given a lot of slack already compared to most idols with the same amount of experience as you. You may be talented, but you’re not above anyone else.” That’s the line. He just crossed it.

“I never once thought I was above anyone else. I was told that I’d be going along to Japan with SHINee as a backup dancer for more traveling and tour experience. It was a learning opportunity and it was shocking for me to hear so I needed a second to process it. Of course, I will do as I am told and stay with my group. I have no problem with that.” I try to keep as composed as possible to make it sound like I’m mature, but inside I’m raging. I need to tell Minni right away.

“Good. Then do you remember all of your schedules today or do I need to review them?” He’s really belittling me today and I’m really not having this.

“Yeah. I got ‘em. They’re written on the board like I always do. I have to go now. You know. To practice. Bye.” and I don’t wait for his response to hang up the phone. Immediately, I text Minnie.

Cheyenne: Hey so my lovely manager just informed me that I am no longer allowed to go to Japan with y’all to tour. ㅠㅠ

She doesn’t respond right away like she always does, so it’s safe to assume that she’s practicing or class of some kind and won’t even see this until she takes a break. Whenever that will be.

I leave my room to the main area of our dorm to find Ayeong and Alya watching a show with Sophi. All three turn their heads in my direction as I approach.

Ayeong questions what my phone call was about. I tell her that I’ll be sticking around now instead of going to Japan and her response was …not surprising considering Ayeong’s personality but definitely uncalled for.

“Wow how nice. Our leader will actually be here to take care of her group and not being a sasaeng to her SHINee oppas.”

“Whoa, you know it was for her training.” Sophi says, trying to back me up, only to be met with another attack from Ayeong.

“Yeah up, see how that helps you. Cheyenne knows all about that, being the favorite and all.”

“Favorite-” I question

Now Alya buts in, “You know that your opportunities have been unfair compared to ours. Don’t pretend you haven’t noticed.”

I’m speechless.

Sophi tries again to stand up for me, “You guys seriously, lay off of her okay?” only to be met with a comeback directed at her this time.

“I will if you lay off the snacks. Thought you were on a diet?” Ayeong quips.

I’m no longer speechless and I can hear the fire in my own voice when I say, “I don’t think you have the right to say anything about anyone’s body but your own. If she’s on a diet, she and the trainer will take care of it. As your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter