Chapter 10~ Let's Eat!

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sigh as I sink into the couch of the dorm shared between all of our members. I look at the time on my phone as it reads 7:30. The girls all filter into the living area in order to listen to what it is our manager has to tell us. Sophi picks the spot on the couch right next to me and Alya sits on my other side, propped against the arm of the furniture. I try not to think about the argument they’d just had in the car. In order to be mature about the situation, I can’t allow myself to get heated at either one of them. Being the leader, I know I shouldn’t be taking sides. Therefore, I remain neutral simply by staying silent until an issue arises again. Leaning against the television stand straight across from where I’m sitting is our manager, Jung Sungjae. He waits for the other two members to get comfortably seated before he begins.

“First of all, good job with the radio show this morning girls,” he starts, “and Ayeong maybe you should warm up a bit longer in the mornings if we’re performing. You were sounding just a little tired. Other than that, everything was great this morning so what the heck happened in the car girls?” He asks this looking between the two seated on either side of me. Neither of them respond. “If it’s nothing and you don’t want to talk about it now, then why was it such a big deal a few minutes ago. Also, Cheyenne, part of this is your responsibility too so don’t expect me to take care of it every time.” I silently nod in response. Again, everything is still and silent. “Well, that’s all I have. Your schedules are done for today but I would like Sophi and Ayeong to do a little bit of vocal practice. And tomorrow, the interview was cancelled because the reporter just got in some trouble.” Hyeonjin perks up, ready to hear some gossip. Sungjae looks at her and responds, “I don’t have any details so don’t ask. Anyway, you have the rest of the day to yourselves. Use the time wisely. Cheyenne, don’t forget what I said.” He finishes his statement and lets himself out of the room.

“Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” I ask, turning to Alya.

“Why just me? She was involved too,” she replies, gesturing toward Sophi.

“I know, but she should be practicing like Sungjae Oppa said.” I say, motioning for Sophi to leave now. Alya just rolls her eyes and I her toward the kitchen to get away from everyone else.

“I’ve noticed that you’ve been getting really irritable lately,” I begin, “and I don’t mean this in a bad way. I just want to know what’s up. Like what could I do to help, you know?”

“Nothing. I’m just on my period. And hungry. Don’t worry about it.” She brushes right past me to go to her room. Well, at least she gave me an excuse with an expiration date. Now I know if she’s still acting like this a week from now I can have a real talk with her about it. She did mention being hungry though. Maybe her diet has something to do with it?

“Cheyenne! Your phone is going off! Can I answer?” Hyeonjin asks from the other room. By the time I can respond, she’s already picked up and begun talking.

“Hey. Who is it?” I mouth at her as she gets up from her spot on the floor to walk my phone over to me.

“Yes, Taemin Sunbae-nim. She’s right here.” She gives me a teasing look as she passes me the device.

“Hello?” I ask, as if I didn’t know who was on the other end of the line.

“Oh, hi Cheyenne. I was wondering if you’d be available any time after 12:45 today? Maybe we could get something to eat.”

“No-” I say, too quickly. Shoot. Now I need to think of some way out of this. “I mean, we have practice tonight and I don’t know how long it’s going to be.” Hyeonjin sharply turns her head toward me and mouths, Really? I shake my head ‘no’ only for her to respond,  Are you crazy?  This time I nod my head ‘yes.’

“How about tomorrow?”He prompts.

I respond hesitantly, “Well, we are supposed to have an interview tomorrow, but I don’t know the time.” Dang I’m bad at lying. I can hear the wavering in my own voice.

“With who?”

“Hwang Kimoon.”

“Oh. You aren’t going to have an interview tomorrow,” he replies confidently.

“W-why?” I stumble, trying to sound unsuspicious.

“He just got arrested this morning.” Wow. How’d he get the news that fast? Even Sungjae didn’t have that much information.  “So how would you feel about me picking you up at 11:30 tomorrow? We could do lunch.”

By this point, I have no choice but to say, “Yes that’s good for me.”

We end the call and soon after, Hyeonjin’s face is close up to mine. “Why are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter