Chapter 1~ Before the concert

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finally. It’s here. My first ever concert-well not my concert but the first concert I’ll perform in with an idol group. Shinee World III in the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium. They’ve already begun to let fans inside, but it feels like it was only minutes ago that we finished our final practice run. I can already hear the rumble of fangirls and fanboys and their mothers. I’ve been ready and waiting to start in my costume for Queen of New York. My first song isn’t even until the ‘musical’ set which comes third in the lineup. Leaving me alone to wander and calm my nerves backstage, Minni left to claim our spot in the audience to watch. Typically, they don’t let dancers watch the performance, but according to Emmy’s special request, they are letting us “observe an excellent performance” for learning purposes. Plus, we’re not in too many songs because a lot of the songs call for male back-up dancers instead of females. So far, all of SHINee have been extremely nice but I wouldn’t be surprised if none of the members know neither mine nor Min-ni’s name. There hasn’t been a reason for them to address either of us by name, so neither of us have heard our names leave any of the members’ lips. Us girls have gotten close to the other male dancers and SHINee are pretty close with most of the male dancers but there is a slight disconnect between the SHINee members and us girls. It really hasn’t been a problem other than on some days I’d face a semi-awkward encounter by arriving early when no one else but a member or two were there. However, I have learned how to make small talk with the members and they always participate in small conversation with me, creating a less awkward environment for the both of us.

While pacing around randomly and trying to calm my nerves, I drink water in order to ensure I’m maintaining that perfect idol complexion. I finish the last of the water bottle in my hands and toss it in the recycling bin on my way to the outside door. The water is being stored outside just around the corner to keep it cool since there was no refrigerator provided at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter