Me.

What best friends are for!!!

Normal P.O.V

The sound of the glass slamming on the hard marble surface echoed as Jaya scrunched her face because of the taste of the Soju, it was her third bottle.

She grabbed the bottle again pouring herself another glass as she clicked her tongue.

''I wonder what the other's are doing?'she thought.

They wouldn't be feeling sorry for themselves like what she's been doing, they would go out and party, meet a new guy and then spend the night not staying awake.

Her friend Eun Yee always had a saying , ''The best way to get over somebody , is to get under somebody else.''

She made up her mine, taking out a couple of bills from her purse, she grabbed her purse ,adjusted her coat and walked out of the bar.

She paused at the entrance and looked back at the spot before hurrying to grab the half empty bottle of Soju, ''Best not to waste anything,'' she chuckled internally.

Her long brunette squished in the wind as she tugged on the collar of her coat , her  eyes were bloodshot and she reeked of alcohol.

The alcohol at least numbs the pain, her day wasn't going her way, but like most people, you get one good day, you get a bad one next, hers skipped the good and a created a storm of bad.

Her boyfriend of 2 years was cheating on her with his secretary, called her too unfeminine  to which was a big blow to her self-esteem and her apartment was being fore-closed on unless she could come with $10,000 in two weeks.

'' my life,'' she mumbled out loud.

Her three-inch jimmy choos clacked against the pavement as she passed the drug store on the way to her condominium, she suddenly halted before her grip tightened on her Soju, she took one last swig off it and tossed the empty bottle in the nearest bin before crossing the street.


The bells chimmed as she opened the door, her blurry eyes scanned the inside,noting the table in the back that wasn't filled was open.

As she walked towards her seat her voice called out, ''Ahjumma,two orders of daebokki and chicken legs please as well as a bottle of water.''

''Neh,'' she heard as she seated comfortably.

She took of her coat, gloves and placed them on the empty seat next to her along with her bag.

Her's dulled as she called the events of the day.


Flashback


''Final notice,'I read in big bold letters as I opened my mail. ''You have two weeks to get obtain $10,000 dollars otherwise you will be evicted.'' I continued reading.

$10,000?  What am I Donald Trump?

I closed my eyes before I entered the passcode for my apartment.

I walked in and noticed a figure immediately in the living room as I switched on the lights.

''Myung Soo-ah?'' I called out approaching him.

'We need to talk ,' replied Myung Soo standing up.

His stone cold gaze stopping me from breathing just for a second. I followed him into my apartment. Those four words ,echoing ever so softy over and over again in my head.

'Jaya-ah, I'm sorry, I love you but I don't think I'm in love with you anymore,'his eyes meeting the floor. My head snapped back at those words.

''Wait-what-''I stuttered out ,''You...Yah...''I screamed at him.

''What's the reason? huh?'' I asked.

''I've been seeing someone else.'' he replied.

''WHAT?'' I yelled a grabbing an ole picture frame of us.

He ducked as it crashed to the floor shattering into pieces.

My breath was coming off hard as he continued, ''Let's just end this peacefully...plus you're not feminine enough.''

My hands balled up as my teeth clenched , I walked up to him and give kicked him where it hurt the most.

''Ah.,' he held his 'area' as he groaned falling down on the ground.

Why did it have to be a day before Valentine's Day?

'I can't believe you,'' my voice cracking.

He limped towards me slowly, ''get out, OUT  OUT OUT,'' I started throwing everything in reach at him.

He immediately bolted to the door.

I sank down to floor, tears streaming down my cheeks.


End Flashback


''Here you go ,'' said the Ahjumma setting my food infront of me along with my water.

I needed to sober up a little, I  uncorked the bottle and took a long sip as I grabbed the gloves for my chicken feet.

I dug in with gusto and moaned with delight as it hit my tastebuds.

''Mhmmm...that's the stuff,'' I moaned out loud not caring about the people who were sitting next to me on the other table.

''Beautiful my girl,
 My beautiful my girl and I,
So beautiful my girl, (In the cube)
Haha girl, This is my confession,
Drop that beat
.'' my phone began ringing 'Beautiful' by B2ST.

I rummaged through my bag until I found my phone.

''Yoboseyo?'' I answered.

''YAH CHOI JAYA,''yelled my unnie Yuna.

'AHH,'' I shouted moving the phone away from my ear.

''It's an ear unnie,'' I screamed.

''Sorry,'' she mumbled, ''Where are you?''she asked.

''The Meat Shop next to my apartment...I'll be home soon.'' I responded.

''Reach Home Safe ,Arraseo?''she said.

''Neh,'' I replied closing my phone only to have to pick it back up again.

''Amureohji anhge nege kiseu hago
Dalkomhan neoui gyeoteul ddeonagajil mothae (mothae,mothae,mothae)
Urin kkeut iraneun geon eobseo
,'' the sound of 'Fiction' by B2ST rung out.  ''Must be Minhee,''I thought before answering.

''Unnie?''she asked.

''Neh,'' I took a sip of my water as my other hand held my chicken feet.

I crunched on the chicken feet, '''Are you okay?'' she asked concerned.

''No I'm not....I'm eating away my emotions,'' I said monotone.

She gasped, ''What happened?''

''My boyfriend is a lying-cheating-dog and I need money for my apartment in two weeks,'' I replied.

''Myung-Soo ?'' she asked in a shocked voice.

''Yeah,'' I said shortly.

''Where are you right now?'' she asked immediately.

''Not too far from my house, 'I deadpanned.

''Chinjja?'' as the sound of keys could be heard over the phone.

''Yah....Lee Min Hee what are you doing?'' I called out.

''Sorry Unnie....got to go bye,''she hanged up abruptly.

That was rude. I scowled at the phone.

I almost groaned as the phone began ringing for the third time.

'Neon jeongmal mystery, mystery, mystery, mystery
Mystery, mystery, aldagado moreu neun neo
Igeot cham mystery, mystery, mystery, mystery
Mystery, mystery
,' I already knew who it was without looking at the I.D

''Neh ,Ki?' I answered.

''Yah Unnie, you better not be sulking,'' she screamed.

''Don't shout,'' I said eating some of my daebokki.

I glanced at the side of my eyes to see the other table uncharacteristically quiet.

''So what if I'm sulking, 'I barked out.

She sniffled as I pinched the bridge of my nose, ''I'm Sorry okay, I'm having a bad day.''

''I know...that's why I called.''

Now I felt like .

''I'm sorry Ki,'' I said softly.

''That's alright Unnie, just get better ,'' she said cheerfully.

No wonder we all dubbed her the 'monkey' she was hyper the next minute.

''Talk to you soon,'' I hung up.

'When does it ever end ?'' I said out loud looking at my phone.

So it's either Eun Yee or Eun Mee next to call.

'Can't breathe, like freeze, nae momi gudeoga (Wae! Wae! ).
Hey dear, stay here, nae nuni meoleoga (Wae! Wae! ).
No way losing my way (Ay! ), neon wae meoleo jigiman hae.
Apeugi silheo nan gipeoman gan ma eum eun eotteoghana.
, it was definitely Eun Yee.

''Yoboseyo,'' I said cheerfully.

''Cut the crap ,'' she said and I deflated.

''Unnie...'' I whined.

''I heard from Yuna, Min Hee and Ki how you were sulking...you only eat chicken feet when you feel Emo,'' she continued.

''Get over the , I'll be over soon....so get your home,'' she finished hanging up.

I scoffed.

One down ,One to go.

''Miweohan ji harumane geuriweojyeo
Ni saenggage nae eolguri nunmullo beonjyeo
Neol butjabeuryeo hamyeon neo ege daga galsurok deo
Naegeseo meolli meolli ganeunde
,'' came the ring-tone of Eun Mee.

''Neh,'' I answered, thank god this was the last one.

''Unnie,are you okay?''she asked.

''I'm fine soon , so you all can stop worrying...Arraseo.''

''Neh Unnie,'' she said sweetly, I can only imagine her nodding.

My very naive donsaeng Eun Mee, I sighed.

''Talk you you soon,'' she said.

I hung up and finished off my food before chucking some bills on the table.

I was so lost in my thoughts ,I ignored the half-dozen eyes on me.

''Good Night Ahjumma,''I yelled giving her a wave as I walked away.

I stuffed my hands in my coat as I walked silently to my apartment.


Meanwhile at the other table.


''Hyung did you see here, said a voice.

''Of course I did, I'm not blind,'' said an irratated voice.

''She's cute,'' said a dazed voice.

''Ouch....hyung...'''said the voice rubbing his head.

''Snap out of it..'' said the now aggravated.

''Do you think we'll see her again?'' said a fourth voice.

''Maybe...but what are the odds,'' said a fifth.

''Are you guys almost done?'' asked the sixth.

''Neh...'' the five voices said in unison.

''Maybe we might see her again...'' they thought simulataneously as they stood up after paying.


I hope you all like the re-edited chapter.

Just two more.

I'm making this into a 3 part one-shot.

Please subsribe/vote/Comment.

Always Keep The Faith............Cassiopeia.

~Caribbeanpop17/Mel