A Real Mess

Fall In You

Onew awoke early the next morning to a real mess. He had collapsed in his bathroom, the bright light blinding him as he came to his senses. There was blood everywhere, and if he didn’t know better, he would’ve thought he stumbled upon a homicide. He sighed as he reached under the sink for the bleach and a sponge, but he was grateful for the distraction. He decided to clean up his surroundings before taking care of himself. Hah. He scoffed darkly at the ironic circumstances that mimicked the pattern of his life. He poured and scrubbed, poured and scrubbed, throughout the early morning sunrise, and when dawn came he became confused as to where the water was leaking from. He only realized that he had been crying when he came face to face with his reflection in the giant mirror.

Wow. How pathetic. No matter how dark things got, he wasn't about to get down the hole of self pity. Roughly clearing his face of tears, he the sink and ran his massacred arms beneath the cold water. He felt nothing. He'd been there, and done that plenty of times before, true, but this superficial pain was nothing but a small distraction from the pain that claimed his heart. He discarded his clothes, too exhausted to take a shower and changed into the first articles of clothing he touched in his pajama drawer: a large oversize sweatshirt, and knit shorts that went to the knee. He tried hard not to think about the fact that they were, in fact Kyuhyun’s shorts, given to Onew as hand me downs.

He crawled into bed, his back and neck sore from sleeping on the floor and subsequently scrubbing it clean and reached for his phone. Just a text from Minho, nothing important. He didn't care; he wasn't going to answer. Maybe some part of him was truly masochistic, because he softly played his hyung’s solo album on shuffle. “One Confession.” Ouch. Too soon, he thought. He closed his eyes and let himself surrender to the sweet repose of sleep.

Meanwhile…