Chapter 9 - Red String Of Destiny

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the marriage finally arrives and Kyungsoo feels like dying. Both literally and physically. Don’t ask him why, he just wants to, period.

He’s been sitting in front of the god damn mirror for more than 4 hours because apparently the stylist isn’t satisfied with his own handiwork. He keeps putting weird powder on his face and then removes it harshly “cause it isn’t perfect Kyungsoo – ssi.. I really want you to look beautiful…” the stylist whines at him. “For the last time Jang – ssi…. I’m a man…I’m wearing women clothing…isn’t that just enough? Why are you putting all these on my face…” he sighs for the umpteenth time.

Jongdae comes along with Luhan on tow and greets him. “Looking pretty Do Dyo…” Jongdae comments and Kyungsoo tries his hard not to flush at the compliment. Luhan bends down to give him a back hug and says “You look good Soo”. “Thanks Han hyung…” Kyungsoo replies and looks at his reflection in the mirror.

He can’t believe it’s already been a month since he came here, since he got engaged to the Prince. Everything is happening so fast that it almost feels surreal. Kyungsoo feels that this is one of his weird fantasies. But even if it’s just a fantasy, even if it’s just a weird dream, Kyungsoo doesn’t want to wake. He has already become attached to this place (and to the giant oaf and his annoying little brother).

“Where’s Yixing hyung?” Kyungsoo asked when he noticed that his best friend was missing. “He was here a few minutes ago… Where did he go now…?” Jongdae wondered to himself before running out of the room to look for him. “I’ll go with Jongdae” Luhan said before going after him.

“You’re done. Finally… Now see” the stylist huffed. Kyungsoo sighed in relief. His whole body is strained from sitting in the same posture for a long time. “I’ll go and call your family” the stylist said before rushing out of the room, leaving Kyungsoo all alone.

Kyungsoo was drowning in his thoughts when he heard someone knock on the door. He turned around and smiled at the man standing there with a bouquet of acacia and anemone. Yixing walked towards him and handed him the bouquet and said “For you Soo”. Kyungsoo sniffed the flowers and indulged himself in the sweet smell of the flowers. “Where were you?” Kyungsoo asked. “I was busy with college you know…” Yixing says and stands behind Kyungsoo to admire him in the mirror.

He leans down and pecks Kyungsoo’s cheek. “You look beautiful Soo…” he said. Kyungsoo didn’t miss the weird tone in his words. it felt as if Yixing was trying to conceal something from him. It felt as if Yixing was pretending. He placed the flowers on the table and turned to look at him. “What’s wrong hyung?” Kyungsoo asked with concern. “I’m fine Kyungsoo… I think I should go” Yixing says and makes a move before Kyungsoo grabs his wrist to stop him. “Why are you avoiding me hyung? Whenever I ask you something like this, you always avoid the subject? What happened to you?” Kyungsoo demanded.

Yixing stood there for a while before removing his hand from Kyungsoo’s grip. Kyungsoo noticed that Yixing was trembling. “Hyung…please tell me what’s hurting you…” Kyungsoo begged. Yixing turns towards him but he still doesn’t look Kyungsoo in the eye. “I’m fine Kyungsoo… You shouldn’t worry about me… It’s your w-wedding today…” he says and Kyungsoo could almost feel the hurt seeping through those words. he walks towards the older man places his hand on his shoulder “Yixing hyung… I know there’s something hurting you… why aren’t you telling me?” he asked but the older man was adamant in concealing his feelings.

Kyungsoo decides to give Yixing his required time as he takes a step back and says “Whenever you’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter