Chapter 8 - Just Friends

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Friends?’ Kyungsoo snorts at the thought. He asked Chanyeol to be friends with him? Really? ‘What the is wrong with you Kyungsoo?’ Kyungsoo thought and rolled over to the cold side of the bed.

He and Chanyeol can never be friends.

Because truth to be told, Kyungsoo has already started developing a teensy-weensy crush on the Prince, and asking to be friends with someone who is going to be your husband (and whom you like….maybe a lot) is nothing but a gash to your heart. ‘Seriously Soo… Why did you act like that?’ Kyungsoo thought and groaned.

But he had no other options left.

This was the only way he could get to know Chanyeol. When he stumbled upon their conversation that morning, he never expected to hear Chanyeol burst like that. Chanyeol always looked so calm but when he saw him raged and hurt like that, Kyungsoo felt guilty. He felt guilty because everything was happening because of him. If he never did that survey, it would have never come to this. if he ignored Baekhyun that day, this would have never happened to him, to them.

Just as he thought that he should stop eavesdropping on their private conversation, he heard the thing he didn’t wanted to hear.

“I don’t want to get married..”

“I don’t want to get married to Kyungsoo! I don’t even know the guy!”

“What do you mean?”

 “I don’t like him mother! I can never like that guy! I love someone else! ”

“Who is that?”

 “I love Baekhyun. If I’m getting married to anyone then it has to be him. I don’t want to…”

“ENOUGH!”

Kyungsoo broke out from his trance as soon as he heard the ringing voice of the King. Then suddenly everything hit him on full force. Chanyeol doesn’t even like him. He is forced into this marriage. He loves someone else.

He loves Baekhyun.

Baekhyun. Kyungsoo doesn’t know what he should feel about this guy or in fact this whole situation. He doesn’t know whether he should be angry at Chanyeol for loving Baekhyun or sad about the fact that Chanyeol doesn’t want him in his life.

He doesn’t know.

He doesn’t want to know.

Because at the end of the day, he doesn’t have any right on Chanyeol.

The next morning he wakes up to the sound of Sehun screaming at the top of his lungs. it was so sudden that upon hearing it Kyungsoo fell from his bed. “What the…” he groaned in pain. He got up and rubbed his sore spot. All of a sudden Sehun barged in his room and flopped on his bed. “What..?” Kyungsoo asked fazed.

“Soo hyung…” Sehun whined like a baby. “What?” Kyungsoo asked. “Sehun I told you he is sleeping….” Chanyeol also barged in but stopped when he saw Kyungsoo is standing there awake. “Oh you’re awake…” Chanyeol stated. “Soo hyung… Why are you getting married to this giant oaf?” Sehun pouted. “I’m sorry but there’s something absolutely wrong with my baby brother…” Chanyeol said and smacked Sehun’s head hard. “See hyung…he is so mean…” Sehun grumbled. “Oy! Who are you calling mean huh?” Chanyeol questioned. “You! You giant oaf!” Sehun snickered. “You little brat! Come here!” Chanyeol shouted and made a move to grab Sehun. Soon they started to bicker and fight like kids.

Kyungsoo could already feel a headache coming up. Seriously he is too tired for this. He watched the two brothers fight and let out a sigh. He is really too old and tired for this. “If you two are done… Can you please leave?” he said, a little annoyed but the two ignored them. He felt annoyance rising within him.

He slowly walked towards them and smacked both of them on their head. “Hyung…” Sehun whined and Chanyeol just stared at him, too shocked to say anything. “Can you two please fight somewhere else? I’m tired…” Kyungsoo sighed. “Did you just hit me?” Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo looked at him unfazed and nodded his head. “Woah..You sure are brave” Chanyeol huffed. “Yes I am.” Kyungsoo said blankly and walked towards his bed. “Now leave. Both of you.” He ordered before getting inside his warm comforter.

Both the brothers scrambled out of his room as Kyungsoo drifted off to sleep.

^^^

“Woah… Kyungsoo hyung was really scary…” Sehun stated. “I know…” Chanyeol agreed as they walked down the corridor to go to the study room. “You shouldn’t have woken him up though… Really Hun sometimes you act so careless” Chanyeol chided. “But hyung… he looks so cute while sleeping… and you know what he even looked cute right now… Kyungsoo hyung is so fluffy and squishy…” Sehun rambled on about Kyungsoo’s cuteness. Chanyeol let out a sigh as he tried to distract himself from Sehun’s stupidity.

Kyungsoo is cute. Its true and Chanyeol will not deny it (although he won’t admit it out loud). But that’s the only thing he knows about him. Kyungsoo is cute and he is shy. Totally not Chanyeol’s type. But what he saw today definitely surprised him. Kyungsoo looked sharp, scary and sarcastic. There was a dominating aura surrounding him. ‘That’s refreshing though’ Chanyeol thought, although he wouldn’t like to see this side of Kyungsoo often.

^^^

Kyungsoo rolled over his bed to pick up his phone. It was Yixing and just as he saw the name, a smile spread across his lips. “Xing hyung?” he said groggily. “Kyungsoo – a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter