Chapter 29 - The Truth

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The royal family returned to Seoul after spending another week in Japan and all in all most of them were happy with how everything went. The King and Queen were happy because finally Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were acting like the couple they were supposed to be. Chanyeol was happy because well…there was a lot to be happy about. Kyungsoo was happy because Chanyeol was finally opening up his heart to him (and also because his back really had a pleasurable soreness.)

The only one who was unhappy with everything was none other than the youngest prince, Sehun. He was upset with everything and kept grumbling about how his idiotic Yoda Hyung ruined his beautiful and innocent Soo Hyung. And not only that, he kept glaring at the older male whenever he got the chance but as always his idiotic Hyung ignored him and kept grinning like a fool.

So summing up everything, it was indeed a good trip for the entire family.

But will this happy phase last forever?

^^^

Chanyeol groaned as he stepped out of the car and stretched his limbs to remove the jet lag from his body. No matter how many times he has traveled in flights, it always tires him out. He stumbled a bit as he walked towards the back door to remove the luggage. When he was done he walked back towards the main gate and saw Kyungsoo standing there, leaning against the wall. A small smile crept up his face when he noticed how small Kyungsoo looked standing there.

“Tired?” Chanyeol asked standing beside him and waiting for the others to step out.

“Yeah. I want to sleep..” Kyungsoo answered yawning.

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo and pulled the smaller man towards him. He rubbed his arm in a soothing manner as they walked into the palace and to their room. They dropped the luggage near the door and without another word, flopped on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

^^^

When they woke up later in the day, all they heard was the rumbling sound coming from outside. Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep as he heard the muffled yells and shouts. He rubbed his eyes and slowly got up from the bed. He padded his way towards the large windows and then moved the curtains to peek outside. He tensed instantly when he saw hoards of reporters bunching up in front of the gates.

What the hell is happening? His mind questioned as he hurriedly stepped out of their room and ran towards Sehun’s bedroom. To his dismay, the younger man was nowhere to be seen. He groaned out of frustration and ruffled his hair as he sprinted down towards the King and Queen’s room. But before he could reach there, he saw the three of them sitting in the study room.

Without a word, he went inside and instantly felt himself stiffening due to the strange atmosphere of the room. Something was definitely wrong. He could clearly sense the glum air in the room. he stepped towards the Queen and when she noticed his presence, she shot him a small smile and motioned him to sit down.

“What happened, mother?” Kyungsoo asked looking at the slumped figure of the Queen.

“Something terrible Kyungsoo..” She sighed rubbing her temples. “Something terrible..”

Kyungsoo looked at the other two occupants of the room questionably but none of them decided to answer or as much as even look at him. He exhaled and then again turned his attention back to the Queen.

“Mother..please tell me what happened?” Kyungsoo tried again.

“They found out Soo hyung..” Sehun answered instead of her. “Heechul hyung told everyone the truth..”

“What truth?” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “What truth are you all talking about Sehun?”

“We..” Sehun started but his voice began to waver. “We..are adopted hyung..me and Chan hyung..”

Kyungsoo gaped at the younger male as those words registered in his head. Adopted? Both Chanyeol and Sehun are adopted? But how in the world is it possible? Both of them resembles the King and Queen so much! This can’t be possible. This is absolutely impossible.

“W-w-what are y-you talking about Sehun?” Kyungsoo stuttered. “You’re joking right?”

“Do I like I’m joking hyung?” Sehun snarled; anger and hurt floating in his eyes.

“But it can’t be true Sehun.You and Chanyeol.You guys..” Kyungsoo protested.

“It’s true Kyungsoo.” The King spoke up, stopping Kyungsoo midway.

Kyungsoo looked at the older male with shock stricken face. He just can’t fathom what in the world is going on. Everything was alright just a few hours ago. They were perfect together. How did everything change in a few hours? What exactly went wrong?

“It’s all my fault..” The Queen whispered, turning everyone’s attention towards her.

“It’s not your fault Son Hee…Don’t blame yourself for this..” The King said reassuring her but the Queen just shook her head in a dejected manner as tears started to fall from her eyes.

“It was my fault, Jae Han.Everything is my fault..” She mumbled with her shaky voice.

“What happened, mother?” Kyungsoo asked; trying to keep his voice as calm as possible.

“We.We were an infertile couple Kyungsoo..” The Queen began with her trembling voice. “My uterine lining was too thin to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter