Chapter 2 - The Big News

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up to the biggest surprise life has ever given him. He is getting married to someone he doesn’t know and its scares and angers the out of him. He thought that it was some kind of prank but when he saw the festive mood around the palace he was sure that whatever it was, it was true.

“What do you mean that I have to get married to him? I don’t even know his name!!” Chanyeol asked, frustrated. He doesn’t understand why the hell his father wants him to get married to a normal civilian! “I don’t want to listen anything. What I have decided for you is final. You will get married to him. That’s it.” His father said with utmost authority. “But father!” he yelled. “Enough. Your father has made the right decision for you. Its time you get married and more over Kyungsoo is a good guy. You will be happy with him.” His mother interrupted. “How do you know that mother? You can’t just decide someone’s character from a piece of paper!” he said exasperated. “Are you doubting our ability to judge?” his father asked in a stern voice. “No…” he said with head slightly bowed. Right now its not his father, it the King who is speaking to him. “Then I order you to accept our choice. The Royal Engagement will be held within 2 weeks and you’ll get married before the end of this month” his father said strictly. Chanyeol’s eyes grew bigger and he gaped at his father in disbelieve. “But father…That’s too early!” he sighed. Why in the world he is getting this kind of punishment? It’s too much for him. “It is decided then. Now please leave us alone” his father ordered, turning a deaf ear to all his pleas.

He walked out of the study room and went to the garden. He really can’t understand what the hell is happening with him. It’s too much for him. He knew it that he would never get to make his own decisions but this….this all ‘arranged marriage’ thing is too much for him. He would have considered the fact if he knew the guy he was getting married to but he doesn’t know him. Hell he hasn’t even seen him. What if this Kyungsoo guy is real weirdo and is secretly a murderer or something. Even his name is weird. “Kyungsoo…” Chanyeol whispered to himself. He knew it. That name is definitely weird.

“Hey! Yeol!” he heard Baekhyun’s loud and chirpy voice and turned around to see the smaller male. Baekhyun came into view with his beautiful puppy like grin and Chanyeol’s gut started doing grand gymnastic flips. Baekhyun kept smiling at him and he swears to god that this is the best thing ever in the world. His heart started beating furiously and Chanyeol wondered if Baekhyun could hear it. “Baek…” he said softly as he let himself smile at the sight of Baekhyun, the one he loves.

“So is this true?” Baekhyun asked him. Chanyeol begrudgingly nodded and stared at the sky. They were sitting in the garden alter which more or less looked like a greenhouse. It was the place where he first met Baekhyun and it was also the place where he fell for him. “I don’t want to get married Baek…” he sighed. “You have no other options…” Baekhyun said with sympathy. “I don’t even know this guy….I can’t understand all this ” he felt the frustration and the anger creep in. he is so very angry about this whole situation. “Kyungsoo is a good guy Yeol…I know him” Baekhyun said, trying to encourage Chanyeol. But Chanyeol doesn’t want to have any of this. He doesn’t want to get married to this guy when he is so in love with Baekhyun. He can’t. He wants to yell at Baekhyun and tell him that he is the one that Chanyeol wants to marry but he can’t. He can’t do that, never. He can’t follow his heart because he is a Prince and he has do what his parents deem good for him.

Kyungsoo feels really weird today. He doesn’t know why but he keeps choking on his food and he just can’t shrug those stran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter