Chapter 18 - Let's Pretend It Never Happened

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n Listen to this song while reading.

Kyungsoo woke up to a fuzzy feeling in his face. He slowly opened his eyes and saw that Yixing has somehow drifted to his bed in the middle of the night.

He slowly pushed the older man off him and sat on the bed. Yixing stirred in his sleep and turned around mumbling something about someone’s grandma’s home. Kyungsoo gently carded his fingers through Yixing’s hair and felt the older man lean into his touch. He let himself have a smile before he got up from the bed and walked to the toilet.

As he looked himself up in the mirror, he saw that he looked like hell. His eyes were all red and puffy from crying and his face has somehow bloated like a balloon. He let out a sigh as he started washing his face, trying to wash away all the tear stains from yesterday.

^^^

Kyungsoo came out of the toilet and saw that Yixing has already woken up and was preparing coffee for the both of them. He smiled at Yixing and walked to the bedside table to grab his phone. He switched on his phone and as soon as he did it, his phone got bombarded with texts asking him where he is.

They were mostly from Sehun and the Queen. He scrolled down the texts and replied to all of them. Just as he was about to put his phone down, he saw that he had received two texts from Chanyeol both asking him where he is and if he’s alright.

Kyungsoo decided to ignore those and turned his attention back to Yixing who was handing him his cup of steaming coffee. Both of them settled with the warm liquids on their bed and got lost in their own individual thoughts.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know how he should feel. There’s suddenly this unexplainable emptiness inside him that he can’t fathom. He knew it. He knew it from the very start that Chanyeol had his heart owned by Baekhyun. He knew it and yet he went forward with this marriage because he had this tiny bit of hope that maybe one day Chanyeol would come to like him.

But he feels so stupid now. Holding onto that hope, thinking about it, nurturing it, only lead him to this point. A point from where he can never return. He has already fallen hard for Chanyeol. From the moment he smiled at him on their first wedding night, to the time when Chanyeol took care of him when he was sick, he has already fallen too deep in this self destructing pit to even realize.

He thought maybe Chanyeol would be standing at the end to catch him but now when he has finally hit the ground, he understands that it hurts too damn much.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh as he got up from his seat and walked towards his next class. He feels tired and classes seem to do nothing rather than exhausting the out of him. He needs to attend another class before he can call it a day and walk back to his old dorm room.

After another 2 hours of tiring classes, Kyungsoo finally headed back to his old dorm room. he is exhausted to his bones and he just wants to sleep. He wants to sleep until he forgets everything. He has already informed the Queen that he’ll be staying here because he misses his friends. The Queen was reluctant but she eventually gave in.

He went inside the room and saw that Yixing was already there, reading some old magazines. He looked up and smiled at him before sitting up.

“Tired?” Yixing asked.

Kyungsoo nodded as he dropped the bag on the floor before flopping on his bed.

“I don’t mean to bug you Soo…but I think you should tell me now…” Yixing said after some time.

“Tell you what?” Kyungsoo asked, feigning innocence.

“The real reason why you’re here” Yixing probed.

“I came here because I missed you…” Kyungsoo lied, avoiding the steady gaze from Chinese.

“You’re a terrible liar Soo…” Yixing chuckled.

“Alright you got me…” Kyungsoo sat up on his bed and let out a sigh.

“Now spill it out…” Yixing said walking over to Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Where is he?” Chanyeol asked, tired and frustrated to his bone.

“I have no idea..” Jongdae answered nonchalantly.

“You’re his cousin!” Chanyeol almost yelled.

“So? You’re his husband” Jongdae rolled his eyes before walking out on the taller male.

Chanyeol let out a frustrated groan as he ruffled his hair before putting his cap once again. He’s been looking for Kyungsoo since last two days but somehow the smaller male has disappeared into thin air. Nobody knows where he is. Even his friends have no idea.

It’s not that he hasn’t seen Kyungsoo around the college. He has, but every time he tries to approach him, the smaller male disappears miraculously.

Chanyeol walks down the compound before taking a seat under his favorite tree. It’s not that he misses Kyungsoo. Okay maybe he does miss Kyungsoo a little bit, but that’s not the point here. He is just really worried about him. Also, he is receiving the cold shoulder from his family especially his mom and Sehun.

His mom has already given him the ultimatum that if he doesn’t bring Kyungsoo home by the end of this week, Chanyeol is going to have to give up his guitar (and he loves his guitar more than anything).

“Where are you Kyungsoo?” he muttered.

As if god heard him, he saw Yixing walking around the compound, looking a little lost. He got up from his seat and approached the older male.

“Umm…Yixing?” Chanyeol called out.

The Chinese male clearly ignored him and continued o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter