Chapter 16 - October

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up feeling better than ever. He checked his phone to see the time and saw that he was up before his usual 6’o clock. he placed the phone back on his bedside table and turned his head to see that Chanyeol was sprawled on the bed. A shy smile crept up to his lips and he let himself enjoy this moment.

The sun’s ray was softly glistening over Chanyeol’s sleeping face which made his brown hair look much lighter. His features were high lightened and Kyungsoo tried to trace the features with his finger. Chanyeol really looked breathtaking and for a moment Kyungsoo is thankful that he gets to see this at least once in his life time.

He was admiring Chanyeol’s facial features when the slumbering man opened his eyes. Kyungsoo’s gaze locked with Chanyeol and they just stared at each other. Kyungsoo thinks that Chanyeol’s got really pretty eyes and he can see himself getting lost in the hazel orbs. ‘Chanyeol is so beautiful…’ Kyungsoo’s inner voice said.

“Kyungsoo why are you staring at me?” Chanyeol asked, breaking the trance.

“Nothing…” Kyungsoo replied before jumping out of the bed and rushing towards the toilet to hide himself, leaving an utterly confused Chanyeol still sprawled on the bed.

Morning soon turned into noon and by that time Kyungsoo felt exhausted to his bones. He had been running around the college because apparently his Sociology Professor Mr. Moon miraculously disappeared with his analysis report. He’s been looking for him everywhere only to find the old man sleeping in the drama club.

He let out a loud sigh as he walked down the corridor and headed towards the cafeteria to finally eat something. Just before he was about to enter he bumped into someone. He muttered a quiet apology and was about to walk away when the said someone grabbed his arm, focusing all his attention to the man.

Kyungsoo looks up at the man who is almost around his height. The man is nothing but creepy stare and infectious grin. Kyungsoo squirms away from the man and eyes him suspiciously. He looks kind of familiar but he can’t exactly pinpoint him.

“Kyungsoo right?” the man asks.

Kyungsoo nods in reply, still feeling confused.

“I’m Heechul.. Don’t you remember me?” the man says, pointing at himself.

‘Heechul…’ Kyungsoo thinks. The name does sound familiar to him but he just can’t seem to recognize the man. Maybe he is one of the seniors in college? Or maybe an ex student? He just can’t remember.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t recognize you…” Kyungsoo replies, a little embarrassed about his memory.

“Oh it’s alright!” Heechul replies happily “It happens all the time…”

Kyungsoo hums, feeling more than confused and uncomfortable.

“Anyways enjoy your lunch Kyungsoo. See you around…” Heechul says with a hint of mischievousness in his voice, before he walks away leaving a very confused Kyungsoo.

^^^

He enters the cafeteria and spots his friends in their usual table. He takes his seat beside a sleeping Yixing and takes out his lunch. He brushes his hands through Yixing’s soft black hair to wake the older man up and hands him his lunch box. They chatter away endlessly while munching on their food.

“Hey do you know anyone named Heechul?” Kyungsoo askes while eating his kimbap.

“Nope…” both Luhan and Yixing reply nonchalantly while Jongdae seems to think about something.

“Heechul, you said?” Jongdae asks, still immersed in deep thought.

Kyungsoo nods in reply.

“The name seems familiar but I can’t recognize Soo..” Jongdae says after sometime.

Subsequently the topic passes away and they continue with their lunch while chatting about their life and occasionally teasing Jongdae.

^^^

Kyungsoo comes back to the palace after 8’o clock and stumbles to their room. Chanyeol was already in their room, working on his projects. The mid terms were getting near and the pressure was too much. He dropped his bag on his study table and padded towards the toilet to freshen up.

After 10 minutes he entered the room to find another man sitting on their bed with Sehun. He glanced at Chanyeol curiously but the older man just shrugged him off.  He walked back to his study desk to fetch his phone.

“Soo hyung!!” Sehun called out to grab his attention.

He turned around to face the younger male but when his eyes landed upon the one sitting beside Sehun, his eyes grew larger than they already were.

“Y-You..!” Kyungsoo stuttered.

Heechul smiled at him mischievously and said “Hello to you too Kyungsoo…”

“You two already know each other?” Sehun asked dumbfounded and on the other hand Chanyeol was trying his best to hide a scowl.

“Yeah.. I met him today in your college…But he couldn’t recognize me” Heechul pouted which made him look creepier. Kyungsoo cringed a little and instinctively moved towards Chanyeol.

“Kyungsoo…Meet my cousin Heechul…He’ll be staying with us for while…” Chanyeol said with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

“Oh..I’m sorry I couldn’t recognize you…” Kyungsoo smiled sheep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter