Chapter 13 - Yeah We're Alright Now

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two weeks since he last spoke to Chanyeol. He has no idea why he is avoiding the taller man but he is. Yes, they are living under the same roof, but their lives are completely void of each other.

Ever since Kyungsoo was little he always had the tendency to shut down whenever he was upset. And right now, that is exactly what he is doing. He is shutting himself against Chanyeol, because even if it is done unintentionally, Chanyeol has hurt him. but Chnayeol doesn’t need to know this. he doesn’t need to know that Kyungsoo is hurting. Because at the end of the day, would it really matter to him?

^^^

Kyungsoo wakes up at sharp 6’o clock and goes to the toilet to finish his daily morning routines. He brushes his teeth and rinses his face with water. He looks at the mirror and see his reflection staring back at him. it’s truly funny to see how his reflection has changed so drastically in just weeks.

There are bags underneath his eyes and his usual calm expression is nowhere to be seen. “What happened to you?” he asks himself but the reflection just stares blankly at him. ‘Seriously Kyungsoo…what is wrong with you?’ he thinks.

After he’s done he comes out to see Chanyeol dangling from the sofa again. His too long limbs are spread across the couch in a starfish manner and Kyungsoo honestly feels guilty for letting the older man suffer like this.

He steps closer to Chanyeol and takes a closer look at the man. His brown curly locks, his long curved eye lashes, his high nose and pink rosy lips. Everything about this man screams perfection, even his big yoda like ears. Kyungsoo lets out a sigh and walks out of the room. he pads his way through the hallway to enter the kitchen.

The kitchen is usually empty at this time but today there is someone bustling around the place. He steps in and sees the Queen in her morning glory. “Good morning mother” he greets the Queen and the woman lets out a squeak. “Oh my god! Kyungsoo you scared me… ” she says, a little startled. “I am Sorry…” Kyungsoo apologizes.

“What are you doing here?” the Queen asks. “I was about to make some coffee for myself…” Kyungsoo replies politely. The queen hums and says “I was here for the same purpose…”. “Oh..then let me make a cup for you too mother…” Kyungsoo offers. “I would be glad” the Queen complies happily and takes a seat.

After 10 minutes Kyungsoo hands her the cup and says “Here is your coffee mother..”. the Queen smiles gently at him and says “You don’t have to be so formal with me Kyungsoo…You’re like my son”. She takes a sip and says “Wait…scratch that…You’re more important than Yeol now…” she jokes and Kyungsoo lets out a hearty chuckle.

They fell into a normal conversation and shared some good housing tricks here and there. Kyungsoo comes to know that the Queen herself was chosen the same way as Kyungsoo. “I was so shocked that I  out for two whole days you know?” she chirped excitedly.

They talked more and more until Kyungsoo realized that he was getting late for college. The Queen looked at the clock and seemed to realize it too. “I must be keeping you…It was nice to talk to you Kyungsoo” she said and ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair. “It was my pleasure mother” Kyungsoo said politely.

She was almost out of the kitchen when she turned back and gestured Kyungsoo to come near her. Kyungsoo walked near her and she clasped his hand in a tight grip and said “I’m really thankful for a son in law like you. I know it’s hard sometimes, being in an arranged marriage, but it gets better Kyungsoo…I just hope that you will see it until the end.” She smiled brightly and let go of his hands as she disappeared around the corner.

Kyungsoo reached college and walked in the direction of his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter