[ ☆ ] 002.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miyoung," the RN called out as she looked over to her with sympathy, "I know you've worked with Mina, and I know that you didn't really like her as much - but you're affected hby the situation. As your boss, I'm asking all the day shifts to take the week off." Her head snapped up from the paperwork she was simply working on as she stared at her boss incredulously. "What? But I'm fine." The woman sighed, shaking her head at Miyoung. 

 

"Kim Miyoung, you are not fine." She replied sternly, clearly a voice she has never used on the brunette. "You haven't been able to function correctly since this morning, and I'm giving you an order and that's to take the week off." A sigh of defeat left her lips as her head subconsciously nodded to the RN. "Can I at least finish the work I'm doing now?" She asked as the older woman sighed and nodded, giving her a reassuring smile before mentioning that someone was ready to take over the brunette's shifts whenever she wanted to leave. Her eyes watched the RN's figure disappear down the hall when it soon turned back to the paperwork that was being inputed into the computer. 

 

But her focus wasn't there. 

 

It kept reeling back to the incident today which allowed her to stand up eruptively. Miyoung's mind wasn't in focus to do anything straight, and she's terrified from the head down. 

 

"No, please, no!"

 

Her head snapped. The quiet hallway echoed nothing - no voices or any patients calling for help. Her body tilted to look down the hall of both sides. She blinked as her vision became blurred, irrtated. She lifted her hand to rub her eyes, blinking more than once as the visuals around her began to change. She looked back down the hall and hitched a breath: "Mina?" She called out, her feet following the frantic girl. 

 

"I didn't do anything, please!" Mina's had turned in every direction as the brunette blinked in fear, following the imagine. Mina's frantic body halted as she looking in every direction before gasping - being pinned up to the wall by unknown forces. Miyoung gasped, fear written all over her features. "Please," the girl begged before she was dropped to the floor. Mina whimpered, quickly getting up on her feet to run to the break room. Immediately, Miyoung followed the visual. Her heary suddenly went out to the frantic girl and her family all over again. The door of the breakroom propped open, Mina stumbled onto the floor. "I didn't do anything - I didn't do anything!"

 

"No!" A high-pitch scream echoed around the brunette allowing her to wince at the sound. Her eyes peered open when a dark figure hovered her body. Miyoung began to hypervenilate the moment she saw Mina''s struggling to break free from whatever was killing her. Then her legs stopped moving, her arms fell to her side and the figure stood. The figure stared down at her lifeless body and her eyes got a glimpse of her corpse - her eyes were ineed missing and the blood splastered her features.

 

The figure's shoulders shook as he creepily laughed, dropped allowing her hand to fly up to cover it. In his hands were Mina's eyes as his fingers fiddled with it like they were toys. Soon afterwards, his body moved to walk towards the brunette - to the open break room door. before she could react, the image disappeared from her sight. She was suddenly shaken up by the image that she couldn't breathe anymore because she knew she couldn't unsee what she saw.

 

"Hey," her body jumped at the sudden contact allowing her to look up at the newcomer with fear and surprise. She looked up to see Sehun standing before her with a concerned look plastered all over his features. He frowned, retracting his hand away from her elbow. "are you okay, Mi?" He asked. If he wanted an answer that went along the lines of "I'm fine" or "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" it wasn't goign to happen. Seeing a death within the hospital was never an unusual thing around here, but never once have they witnessed the death of one of their own staff members killed in their area. 

 

Her eyes became planted to the ground beneath them as she shook her head. Just a day before, she was angry with Mina for not doing her work while everyone else had to pick up her slack. She wished for the girl to quit or crawl into a hole - but she didn't ask for her to go die. Sehun sighed, moving forward to wrap his arms around her in a comforting manner. His hugs were a lot like her older brother's - Joonmyun -whenever she felt weak or vulnerable. She admit that she's a child sometimes. 

 

"Come on, let's go sit down. You look like you could use a break," Sehun mentioned, peering down at her with a sincere smile. He booped her nose allowing her crinkle it with a short laugh. Miyoung nodded to him but soon frowned, "I just want to go home, Sehun." She mumbled and he sighed for the nth time since seeing her. "You can go home," he called out, gently rubbing her back while looking down at her. "I'll take over your shift tonight," See, there's the problem. Sehun's scheduled to go home around eleven that evening, but she was scheduled to work until the next morning. She really didn't want to burden him with her patients on top of his own.

 

Besides that, she didn't want him to stay at work because- what if she needed comfort? Not to sound selfish or anything, but she is terrified.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter