[ ☆ ] 001.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Work has always been something I loved going to but the people who work there? I can't stand. There are some people who are so lazy to tend to their patients and there are some people who are up and about all day tending to their patients - like me and Sehun. Sehun, being the best friend I can ever have, was always on top of his game as one of the male nurses. People adored him - or rather admired him for his good looks and dashing smile. But me? I hate his smile, saracastically speaking. Working with him gives me a bit of sanity because he's one of the few people who aren't lazy to get up and do what needs to be done. 

Then again, that's every work place you go to. You'll have the hardworkers and the lazy workers - can't ever get neither.

"Hey Mina," I call out, approaching the nurses' station, "patient in 216 needs his meds." I tell the nurse, who is supposedly taking care of him. She nodded, going back to playing with her phone. Rolling my eyes, I turned out the way I came in, not in the mood to deal with her - in specifically. "Sometimes I wish she'd just quit or fall into a hole or something." I mumble, scurrying my way through the hallway. 

"Your wish is my command," a voice whispered passed me. My feet halted as chills went crawling down my spine, my eyes scanning the hallway - but there's no one there. If this was any stupid horror movie, I'd be the one to call out hello, is anyone there? but when you do... you get killed - I wouldn't want to wager my luck on it. Shaking the feeling off, I continued walking out of the hall. 

"Last week, I was in the elevator with a patient - but I looked at his wristband... it was red - deceased - so I got off the elevator on my floor and turned back.. that patient just disappeared!" Joon explained, clutching his chest when I approached the main nurses' station. I rolled my eyes, seeing Sehun finding it amusing that our friend looked terribly freaked by the situation he was put in. Sehun noticed me and smiled, placing an arm around my waist as I approached his side. "Oh, please," I call out - interrupting Joon's story-telling, "we work in a hospital, Joon. If you thought that seeing a ghost isn't normal in this work environment, I think you're working in the wrong place." I chimmed, raising my brows with a small grin.

Joon rolled his eyes - he knew I was right though. Hospital is no stranger to paranormal things because people die in them all the time. It wouldn't be a wonder if some of those spirits still wandered the halls or if they passed over. Common sense could be used if you decide rather or not you want to work in a hospital - most of the time, I don't think of it as a haunted place. If you don't bother the spirits, they don't bother you - simple as that. 

"Oh, dear me.. It's not always that simple, sweetheart," the same voice from before rang through, sending another set of chills to run down my spine. My head whipped, turning in all directions but there was still no one there. The voice itself seemed close by, close enough that it could have been Sehun, but I didn't speak my mind out loud.. He couldn't have heard what I thought.. I opted out on asking Sehun, instead I placed a hand on his - patting it for him to let me go. "I'm going to go back to work," I whisper to him. He looked up and nodded with his killer smile. "I'll see you later," he called out softly. 

The moment I walked away to hallway 2A, I felt eyes following me but everyone at the main nurses' station was absorbed to even notice my leave. Even Sehun acknowledged I was gone before that. I stopped at the entrance of the hall, feeling chills running through my body - goosebumps crawling up my skin i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter