You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Taeyeon has a tough job as the Queen of Hell, and Tiffany's not making it any easier.

Category: Crack-ish, as fluffy as a story about hell can be


“We need more wars, Taeyeon.”
 

Taeyeon sighed, bringing her focus back to the mountain of paperwork that needed to be done.
 

“Taeyeon. Wars.”
 

“Soonkyu—”
 

“Stop calling me that!” Wrath made herself known, eyes blazing red as flames began across her skin, raising the temperature inside the previously-chilly office to scorching degrees.
 

Taeyeon looked up, boredom and exasperation evident on her face. “If you want wars to happen, then make them happen. Why do you have to come to me for help?”
 

“Because annoyingly, I am not enough to make wars happen. I need Greed and Pride to cooperate too, but Yuri is busy counting her heaping pile of useless money, and Yoona hasn’t stopped staring at herself in the mirror for the past decade!”
 

Rubbing the skin between her eyes, Taeyeon growled under her breath, feeling a migraine starting to form. “I’ll see what I can do about that later,” she finally said, trying to appease Sunny, who was ironically anything but what her name suggested.
 

“When is later?”
 

“Your anger hasn’t made you blind, right? Can’t you see the amount of paperwork I have to do?” She asked rhetorically, motioning to the messy desk in front of her.
 

Sunny reluctantly acquiesced, her eyes changing back from fiery red to its normal maroon. The room also felt less like a furnace when she made the flames disappear. “Fine. Thank you,” she muttered, because as angry as she may be, she wasn’t proud enough to lack manners in regarding the Queen of Hell; there was a tall willowly person for that job.
 

Taeyeon lifted one side of as a response, and normally that would be considered a smile, but on Taeyeon, it looked more like a grimace.
 

Finally, Sunny left her alone in her office, and she could get back to work. But five minutes later, she was once again interrupted by someone who distracted her far more than the other six Deadly Sins combined ever could.
 

“Hey, Tae.” The sultry voice made Taeyeon in a breath, even though she didn’t need the oxygen.
 

Tiffany closed the heavy oak door behind her before she turned to Taeyeon with a grin, and Taeyeon was barely able to school her face into a look of polite indifference in time. No, she wasn’t affected by Tiffany. Not at all.
 

Lust was wearing another one of her weird are-you-really-Lust? outfits: white button-down tucked into a pair of dark skinny jeans that molded perfectly along her shapely legs, and glittery red pumps. Whenever Taeyeon saw Tiffany wearing these sorts of clothes rather than her stereotypical little black dress and sky-high heels ensemble (although she never did stop wearing one of her sinful heels), she wondered if the woman had just been to earth and disguised herself to attract less wagging tongues and blatant ogles. But on Taeyeon, it kind of had the opposite effect. She became way more aware of how inhumanly beautiful Tiffany was, and it irritated her a little bit because she wasn’t this affected with the others. Wrath could touch her with her tongues of fire, and Taeyeon wouldn’t bat an eye. Sloth could pull her in for a lazy hug, and she wouldn’t feel any less awake and alert than she had been seconds ago.
 

Taeyeon didn’t know if it was because lust was really just a stronger emotion, but she accepted her personal explanation and left it at that. She didn’t really want to find out the ‘or’ to that sentence.
 

“Wasn’t that the same amount of paperwork you had yesterday?” Tiffany asked, walking closer to her desk and surveying its contents.
 

Taeyeon sighed for the nth time that day. “Stupid devils dropped by to add more to the pile.”
 

Tiffany shot her an understanding look, but Taeyeon avoided her eyes, lest she ended up getting hypnotized by them and grabbing the unassuming woman for a kiss. Or was Tiffany even unassuming of Taeyeon's weird lusty thoughts about her?
 

“Come on. Let’s take a walk.”
 

That statement made Taeyeon meet Tiffany's eyes in bewilderment. “What?”
 

“You’re going to burn out if you don’t take a break. Pun very intended.” Tiffany smirked, holding out her hand.
 

Taeyeon didn’t accept her hand, and she was still looking at Tiffany like she was crazy.
 

“I’m sure hell and hell-on-earth can still function without its boss for a few hours,” Tiffany reasoned, her hand remaining outstretched. “Come on, it’ll be fun. Maybe we can visit Hyo as she makes her rounds in the Circles of Hell.”
 

Taeyeon looked at the papers in front of her, and then at Tiffany's hand. She sighed again, for the nth-plus-one time that day, because she knew that she had lost the battle the moment Tiffany had walked inside her office.
 

Or maybe even before that.

 


 

A/N:

Another daily short from me. Honestly, I don’t know what’s happening. Why am I updating so frequently??? Why won’t my fingers type stuff out for Chasing Stars instead??? Sigh.

I may make more shots for this AU because this Queen of Hell x Lust dynamic is so cute?! As weird as that sounds. Hahaha.