Good Morning and Good Night

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Coffees and 143's.

Category: Nonsense, domestic fluff


The addicting smell wafts through Tiffany’s nose before a steaming cup of coffee is placed on the table in front of her.
 

She doesn’t stray her eyes from her laptop screen as she quickly types out the slew of sentences at the forefront of her mind, but she does break into a soft smile. Her smile widens when she feels warm lips graze her cheek and a gentle hand her hair.
 

She breaks the monotonous tapping of her fingers across the keyboard for a moment to turn to the source of the sweet gestures. “Are you going to bed?”
 

“Mmhmm.” Taeyeon leans in for another kiss, letting their lips meet this time. “Good night. Don’t stay up too late.”
 

Tiffany gives a half-hearted chuckle at that, and Taeyeon gives her a knowing—yet understanding—look.
 

For Tiffany, being a freelance writer means alternating between brief periods of free time and long sleepless nights, writing article upon article for newspapers, journals, and the like. She stays up all night writing, because she’s come to realize that her brain works more productively at twelve midnight rather than twelve noon. Taeyeon jokingly tells her that it’s probably because her body clock has never fully adjusted to Seoul, and is still working in LA time.
 

Nevertheless, they’ve both adjusted to each other’s work and sleeping schedules, and have found a routine that works for the both of them. When Tiffany has work to do, Taeyeon will always brew her a big cup of coffee before the latter goes to bed, with a few sweet kisses to go with it.
 

“Good night, Tae,” Tiffany whispers before tilting her head up for another kiss, nonverbally expressing her gratitude to her understanding girlfriend.
 

Tiffany takes sips of her slowly-cooling coffee as the night progresses, only leaving her seat to take a few short bathroom breaks.
 

She finally finishes her first draft around 5:39 AM, and she rests her back on the couch, letting out a huge, drawn-out yawn. Tiffany knows that it’s much better to call it a night—or day—now and just edit her work once she gets some sleep and the letters stop swimming beneath her eyelids.
 

She checks the clock and realizes that Taeyeon will be up soon, since the other woman sets her alarm clock at 6 AM every weekday.
 

She shuts down her trusty computer and sets it down on the table. Tiffany stands up and takes her empty mug with her to the kitchen. And although every cell in her body wants to crawl to bed and get some well-deserved rest, she slaps her cheek with one hand to wake herself up a little so that she can brew Taeyeon a fresh batch of coffee.
 

After turning the machine on, she makes her way to the bedroom, trying her best not to make a lot of noise so as not to wake the sleeping lump of a woman on the bed.
 

Tiffany blinks in the darkness, eyes slowly adjusting, before she walks to her side of the bed, or what usually is her side of the bed. As petite and pocket-sized as her girlfriend is, Taeyeon sure loves to position herself smack-dab in the middle of their bed, with her arms and legs spread out like she’s making dream angels in her sleep.
 

Tiffany carefully puts one knee onto the mattress and tries her best to slide herself into bed without rousing the other woman up. She lifts Taeyeon's arm and places it on the latter’s tummy so that she can finally lie down properly.
 

Her girlfriend shifts around, lips smacking adorably. Sometimes, Taeyeon wakes up due to the slight disturbance, but this time, she doesn’t. Tiffany will always turn to her side to lean in and give her a brief kiss on her cheek though, as a good night.
 

She places her arm over Taeyeon's, and she closes her eyes as she listens to her girlfriend’s rhythmic breathing.
 

As tired as Tiffany is, her brain is still in a caffeine buzz, so it may take her a long while before she can finally drift off to sleep. But as Taeyeon's scent ades her senses, it’s almost like the kick of caffeine just wears off her body, and she falls asleep in a matter of seconds.
 

Tiffany dreams of an angel leaving soft kisses on her forehead and murmuring sweet I-love-you’s, and a subconscious smile tugs at her lips during the rest of her slumber.

 


 

A/N:

Just a little shortie I thought of during my sleep-deprived state. :)) Honestly, it's weird that I haven't written a story about coffee, when my love for it may be the only rival to my love for TaeNy and WenRene. XD