Show me how big your brave is (Prequel)

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

They were in Taeyeon’s bed again.
 

Tonight, Taeyeon had ranted about her annoying co-worker with the creepy mustache and his even creepier collection of marionette dolls displayed in his cubicle. Taeyeon then complained about her bossy boss who had no right to boss people around when he himself couldn’t stick to deadlines and slept through almost half of their daily office hours.
 

To conclude: Taeyeon was stressed-the--out. And how does Tiffany de-stress Taeyeon? Through . Usually. But Tiffany felt like they were too comfy at that moment. Too fluffy. Eating Taeyeon out would surely shoot the temperature up to about a hundred degrees, and it was already too hot; summer was being a total right now.
 

So instead, Tiffany ran her hands through Taeyeon’s soft brown locks. Trickled her fingers down to her cheeks, then her neck, then her arms. And then promptly dug them into her sides, tickling the living- out of the petite woman.
 

Tiffany’s smile grew as she watched Taeyeon jerk from side-to-side, cackling like a madwoman at her ministrations.
 

“Sta-st-ohmyg-STO-FANY!!!!!!!!”
 

Tiffany laughed along with Taeyeon, although she was sure Taeyeon’s laughter carried with it feelings of pain and torture from her attack.
 

As tears leaked out of Taeyeon’s eyes, Tiffany decided to end the torture. She gently drew her fingers back, changing the tempo from merciless digs to soft caresses.
 

Tiffany didn’t realize that she had been straddling Taeyeon, with the latter breathing heavily below her, eyes glazed and unfocused. If Tiffany lacked the context, she’d think that she had chosen to go with her first idea.
 

Tiffany watched Taeyeon’s breaths get farther apart and return to normalcy, finally calming down from that torturous high. She watched as Taeyeon’s eyes finally came back to focus on her own, a small smile quirking her lips.
 

Those lips. Those ing lips that have haunted Tiffany through millions of what-ifs and how-do-they-tastes.
 

Tiffany wondered for the nth time if Taeyeon grew as reverent towards her lips too. Sure, Taeyeon had felt them against practically every inch of her skin, but didn’t she wonder how good they would feel against her own?
 

Tiffany had always been stuck with these thoughts, but somehow, tonight, she just went for it. Her arms left Taeyeon’s hips and reached up to Taeyeon’s cheeks. Taeyeon had now gone stock-still beneath her, eyes a little panicked.
 

And yet, even knowing that, Tiffany pushed on. Leaned in. Let their breaths meld as one.
 

Tiffany closed her eyes. . Finally. ing finally. She leaned in an inch more and was met with skin. Soft skin, but it surely wasn’t the texture of lips. She was afraid to open her eyes, but she did so anyway, because she can’t possibly keep them closed and back out of the room blind.
 

She was met with the view of Taeyeon’s pale cheek. I kissed her cheek. It was her ing cheek.
 

Tiffany bit back a sob. She wanted to howl. Howl out the thoughts that were screaming “You will never…she will NEVER let you…”
 

Instead, with all the self-control she could muster, Tiffany leaned back. As she did so, Taeyeon finally turned to face her, looking pained and guilty as .
 

“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon whispered, “I didn’t…it was reflex…I…”
 

Tiffany leaned back in and buried her face against Taeyeon’s shoulders, wanting to shut the other woman up. To stop her from talking and saying things that would batter and bruise her even more.
 

And Tiffany finally let herself cry. And sob. Against Taeyeon’s shoulder. Against the girl she loved.
 

She didn’t know how long she wept, but it was probably too long, because she felt Taeyeon attempt to pull away. Tiffany stopped her from doing so. “Wait…” she begged between sniffles, “Just…wait…please…”
 

Taeyeon understood, hugging her even tighter, letting her cry the pain away.
 

Eventually, Tiffany finally found some semblance of control. Some semblance of defeat was more like it, though.
 

She wiped her tears and snot as quickly as she could before pulling away from Taeyeon.
 

She hated the look in Taeyeon’s eyes: the sadness, the guilt, the confusion.
 

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany hollowly choked out, followed by a humorless laugh.
 

Taeyeon reached up and wiped some of the stray tears from her cheek, and Tiffany almost recoiled at the touch. Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hand and held it against her own to stop further contact. Tiffany didn’t think she could take it.
 

Tiffany knew it was over. It had to be, if she wanted to survive. She had to leave and her wounds in private. And maybe live her life with a little bit of her heart still intact, a little piece that she hoped she hadn’t given to the other girl yet.
 

“I just want you to be happy,” Tiffany told Taeyeon. Because it’s the truth. The worst truth. “I want you to be with someone who deserves you. Who deserves the love you give them, and gives as much—if not more—back to you.”
 

And then Tiffany smiled at her in resignation. Because she knew she couldn’t be that person. She loved Taeyeon too much, but Taeyeon didn’t love her enough.


A/N:

Waaa I'm sorry. I don't even know why I wrote the HEA before the angst LOL. I guess I just wanted to write this to give you a little more background on the story? I apologize for the vagueness of this plot hahaha. D: