We're gonna make it, I swear

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Taeyeon's happiness is leaving and she doesn't want her to. Not in a million years.

Category: Hopeful af. Like hopeful x100000 or something

Title source: Tongue Tied by Faber Drive


Taeyeon passively watched on as her best friend packed up her clothes into boxes, along with all of her other possessions that had been in this house—in their house—for years.
 

She should help her, but her body didn’t want to move. She’d known about this for a while now; Tiffany had warned her that SM wasn’t letting up on their end. And Taeyeon knew that the company was being beyond unfair, but she didn’t want Tiffany to go. They’d been roommates for 13 years, and now…and now…
 

Her entire being went into a full-blown panic. Blood rushed in her ears as she threw herself at the back of the unassuming woman, who gasped in surprise at the sudden contact.
 

“…Tae?”
 

“Please don’t…please don’t go…”
 

Taeyeon felt Tiffany turn around in her arms, and she couldn’t bring herself to raise her head, so she hugged her even tighter and buried her face into Tiffany's neck. She didn’t know when she had started crying, but she felt her tears trickle down and moisten her best friend’s skin. It was kind of gross—and surely Tiffany would push her away in disgust—yet she felt the brunette pull her in even closer, making her sob harder.
 

God, how Taeyeon loved her.
 

Loved her so much more than as a friend. Had felt this way for years, but she was too cowardly to admit it out loud to the younger girl, and now it was too late. Tiffany was leaving. Tiffany was leaving her. Her happiness was leaving her.
 

You’d think 13 years was enough, but it never would be. She wanted more time with Juhyun, Sooyoung, and Tiffany, but they needed to go do their own thing, and she respected that. She just wished that it didn’t have to hurt this much.
 

She tried to calm herself down, pushing away all these negative thoughts and thinking about the myriad of possibilities that they had for their future.
 

But she remembered whom she was clinging onto, and everything came flooding back again. She was ready to go into another sobbing spree when she felt Tiffany slightly pull away as the latter cradled Taeyeon’s wet and puffy face in her hands. Taeyeon inhaled sharply when she saw that Tiffany was crying too. Tears were flowing steadily across her cheeks, and she was biting her bottom lip hard to keep it from trembling.
 

They looked into each other’s red-rimmed eyes, and Taeyeon once again was on the brink of confessing her undying love for the girl before her, just like countless times before. But it was unfair to do it now. Tiffany was going to leave for—
 

Taeyeon almost stumbled back as Tiffany crashed her lips against hers, kissing her with everything she had and more. It took Taeyeon a little bit too long to react, and she felt Tiffany stiffen and begin to pull away, as if she thought that she had made a big mistake, but Taeyeon didn’t let her. No freaking way.
 

She grasped Tiffany by the nape and pulled her back in, locking their lips once again into a kiss that was sweeter than anything Taeyeon had ever tasted. She poured everything into that kiss, and more tears leaked from her eyes when she felt like Tiffany had done the same.
 

Even when they had to break apart for air, they didn’t do it for very long, always going back for more breathless pecks and lingering brushes of lips.
 

Taeyeon fluttered her eyelids closed as Tiffany wiped her tears away.
 

“We’ll make this work, Taeyeon-ah. We will.”


A/N:

Oopsie my fingers slipped...

I just out for 10 minutes and came up with this. HAHAHA. Because I know we're all hurting right now—especially SoShi! I hope we don't forget that—but we have to remember that there's hope. I'm sure we'll get better news soon. #BelieveinTaeny #BelieveinSNSD