[N] Half (Jennie x You)

What If It's Your Last?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         You wake up to a call from one of your workers asking for files for your recent project. You sigh as this means it's time to get up off the comfortable bed. You get up from your bed and head to your work table and take a seat on your chair and turn on your laptop. You pet your kitten and kiss him while waiting for your laptop to load. When it loads you quickly send the files to your worker through email. You sigh and stretch and look around the room. Nothing's changed in your room but something seems to be missing in your room. You shake your head and stop yourself from thinking about what's missing as you head to the kitchen. You turn on the latte machine and start prepping for the things you need for the latte and get out ingredients for the breakfast you want to eat today. While the latte is being made, you put toast in the toaster and cook an omelet. You set everything on the table and you feel your kitten rub against your leg. You grin as you grab his food and serve him. Then you grab your handphone and start checking out what's going on in your social media apps while eating your breakfast. However, nothing seems to entertain you so you set your phone down and eat your breakfast and when you finish you wash the dishes and put everything away and walk back to your room. 

       You put your jet black laptop away in the drawer and you pull out your silver laptop and turn it on and try to think of more inspiration to write new lyrics. Your life as a music theory student seemed like a typical job you sleep, eat, work on music, eat again and then you go back to sleep. You never thought that your life was this plain. Nothing seemed to satisfy you anymore. You were looking through paintings, pictures, poems, quotes, movies, and lyrics of other artists to see if you could get any inspiration but everything seemed the same to you, all plain. You decide to turn on the television and flip through channels to see if you can find anything that interests you. You immediately pause when you hear a familiar voice you look up and you see her. You set the remote down and without you knowing your tense shoulders slowly relax to the sound of her voice now. 

    How long has it been since the two of you have seen each other? Weeks? Months? Or Maybe even years? However, for you, it felt like an eternity. All those stupid romance movies that teenage girls used to coo or scream about were the ones that you always said were stupid. But when did you end up more helpless than any of the characters in those movies? It wasn't planned for you and her to be together. It just happened one day. However, the days for you to get over her seem like an eternity. Though you don't think of her as much as you used to, you still feel your heart beat anxiously when you hear the sound of her voice or whenever you see her pictures posted on the billboards whenever you're walking around in the streets. 

     In fact, people found your behavior around her weird. But, not everyone knew about your relationship. The only one who knew is your friend Chloe. She is her cousin after all. It was just one day where you and Chloe promised to meet up and hang out and she just happened to join. Chloe says it's because she didn't want her to be alone and you just nod and continue to hang out. By the end of the hangout, you have Jennie's social media information and her phone number because the two of you instantly clicked. When you heard Jennie talk about music, your ears immediately perked up like some puppy and your eyes focused on everything she had to say. No need to say, but you found someone you can talk to music and dreams with. 

    You end up meeting up with Jennie more than you meet up with Chloe. Chloe teases you two and pretends to be offended but you know she doesn't mind. She's happy that her cousin has gained a friend especially a friend like you. Within three months you notice changes in Jennie and yourself. Why do you start to get nervous when you're just going to see her? She's not someone you're meeting for the first time. Even if she is, why are you this nervous? Why do you always get so flushed whenever she compliments you or when she touches you? When did your days and nights become so occupied with her? Needless to say, that the two of you end up going out. Chloe wasn't surprised seeing the two of you interact, she caught on. She supported the two of you. 

   The two of you were the cutest, you remember staying up till three a.m. to work on a song you prepared for her as her birthday present. And the odd thing is her birthday is the same day as yours so your friends and family members were wondering who or what were you working on during the day of your birthday? You didn't say anything and they just let you be. When you finished the last part of editing and putting everything together, you had the biggest smile on your face and you save everything and save it onto the new iPod touch you bought to give to her for her present. Since she was turning 16 for her birthday, you wrote and composed 16 songs for her. You decided to buy an iPod touch to give these songs to her and wrap it up as a gift to her. When you finished putting all the songs into the iPod you immediately grab the wrapping paper you bought and wrap up the iPod tou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter